Jookoi

Late night tactical problem

I think this has been discussed earlier, but don't really know the keywords to search. 

But what I'm talking about is attacking fullbacks and who covers them. Last year it was simple, and worked like a dream IMO. 

The DMF dropped between the CBs forming a 3 atb. Beautiful, everything good. 

This year though, depends a little on the formation I guess. But, if you use attacking fullbacks advanced instruction, your both FBs will be covered by someone dropping to the line. Basically, if you play 4-3-3 with DMF&CMF, they will both drop to the D-line, leaving your AMF pretty much alone in the middle. 

I love attacking fullbacks, and I f**king hate this. If someone has found the solution to this, please share. 

Setting a midfielder to Defensive will designate him as the man to stay back I think

Although best solution I found - just turn it off, and have Attacking full-back playing styles.

5 hours ago, Jookoi said:

I think this has been discussed earlier, but don't really know the keywords to search. 

But what I'm talking about is attacking fullbacks and who covers them. Last year it was simple, and worked like a dream IMO. 

The DMF dropped between the CBs forming a 3 atb. Beautiful, everything good. 

This year though, depends a little on the formation I guess. But, if you use attacking fullbacks advanced instruction, your both FBs will be covered by someone dropping to the line. Basically, if you play 4-3-3 with DMF&CMF, they will both drop to the D-line, leaving your AMF pretty much alone in the middle. 

I love attacking fullbacks, and I f**king hate this. If someone has found the solution to this, please share. 

If your playing that FLP bollox you'll have trouble keeping anyone back 

Something Konami really should address as i want to assign who applies the press and who sits in 

Started off really enjoying this years pes but it really is starting to grate ,coming to the conclusion if anyone at Konami have actually put a pair of boots on in their lifetime 

5 hours ago, MB 11 said:

Setting a midfielder to Defensive will designate him as the man to stay back I think

Although best solution I found - just turn it off, and have Attacking full-back playing styles.

I tried that with the DMF but didn't work I think. Because Konami thinks there should be 4 players always defending.. 

That playing style was a thing I was thinking bout yeah. Need to try it and hit the market if it works :)

3 hours ago, Sami3lungs said:

If your playing that FLP bollox you'll have trouble keeping anyone back 

Something Konami really should address as i want to assign who applies the press and who sits in 

Started off really enjoying this years pes but it really is starting to grate ,coming to the conclusion if anyone at Konami have actually put a pair of boots on in their lifetime 

FLP doesn't really have anything to do with attacking part. But, I pretty much always use my DMF as "defensive" so he stays down with the CBs no matter what. 

More tactical options like that would be great, doubt we'll have much in the coming years though. 

Haha well that's pretty strongly said eventhough might be true. 

One thing that kinda worked also was that I played a 2-5-3 with SMFs and the wingback advanced instruction. But that just looks so f**king stupid and don't dare to use it :lol:

I've tried it myself with flp to test the theory with my dm on defensive and 90% of time he's joining in with attack with fb's overlapping 

I set it to AOD and whatta you know he hardly crosses the halfway line

The fb's are still an issue though on this setting 

I've tried a possession/AOD but still they overlap 

The flp needs refinement as the whole team pushes up as a unit 

IF I have it on flp and .CA for example I still want the dm to sit in and one fb to overlap and join in to whichever side I'm attacking on with the other sitting on the periphery of the attack should play find itself on that side and vice versa 

Seems there is no real cast iron solution to the fb problem

As always Konami hear you but they never listen 

36 minutes ago, Sami3lungs said:

I've tried it myself with flp to test the theory with my dm on defensive and 90% of time he's joining in with attack with fb's overlapping 

I set it to AOD and whatta you know he hardly crosses the halfway line

The fb's are still an issue though on this setting 

I've tried a possession/AOD but still they overlap 

The flp needs refinement as the whole team pushes up as a unit 

IF I have it on flp and .CA for example I still want the dm to sit in and one fb to overlap and join in to whichever side I'm attacking on with the other sitting on the periphery of the attack should play find itself on that side and vice versa 

Seems there is no real cast iron solution to the fb problem

As always Konami hear you but they never listen 

I always play FLP and my DMF stays down, not really had problems with him joining attack :g:

But when playing FLP, don't you want your team to push up as a unit? Otherwise you leave lots of space between let's say the attackers if playing 433. 

But it's a problem yeah, seems to be all or nothing with the fbs. They have no reading of the game when joining attacks, just full throttle upstairs. 

3 minutes ago, Jookoi said:

I always play FLP and my DMF stays down, not really had problems with him joining attack :g:

But when playing FLP, don't you want your team to push up as a unit? Otherwise you leave lots of space between let's say the attackers if playing 433. 

But it's a problem yeah, seems to be all or nothing with the fbs. They have no reading of the game when joining attacks, just full throttle upstairs. 

No I don't,want positional acumen not headless bin dipper klopp bs 

They all go and I don't want that 

Want one to go and the other on the periphery sensing the break 

IF your dm stays put are you playing possession then? 

Recently changed to .CA and he goes at every opportunity 

Still think it's the reason most play wingers because the fb's go AWOL and the space is ridiculous 

Even tried man marking and still the pookeynoodles go walkabout 

One and only thing that stifled them was defensive on both or you change their default to CB and they will always sit in 

3 hours ago, Jookoi said:

I tried that with the DMF but didn't work I think. Because Konami thinks there should be 4 players always defending.. 

That playing style was a thing I was thinking bout yeah. Need to try it and hit the market if it works :)

I'm playing with only one CB and two fullbacks and a DMF on defensive, but I'm pressing all out..
Last year I conceded a lot goals because I only had two players defending. This year my fullbacks are doing a much better job defensively (no tactics involved)

The reason I'm at the top of the league is Fosu-Mensah though, he is been phenomenal because he has the speed to track back quickly and strength to bully everybody of the ball.

Because this is a Frillypink community not about winning..:

My biggest tactical secret:

giphy.gif

I man-mark Fosu on the most attacking striker, so when in transition he immediately runs back and I can manually pull him out to press

giphy.gif