Janguv

Wing-back on CMF?

Hey does anybody know if the wing-back advanced instruction works on CMFs who are wide in a diamond? 

I really wanna move to 3 at back, two up top. Ideally, I'd have a 5-man midfield, with converted fullbacks on the wings, or defensive wide mids. But I have none! 

I do, however, have a plethora of midfielders who can put in a defensive shift. So I'm thinking a diamond might work, but only if I don't end up too central and exposed on the wing.

Would they function somewhat as wingback/box to box mids if I did this? Anyone else tried it? 

If you just put them wide on the game plan, they will be there from my experience, and don't wonder to the center. 

So I guess it should work like you want :)

• Thanks 1

Oh yeah, I don't know if the advanced instructions work for them though. 

It may do. Only one way to check.

Start a master league, get to the first game and save. Play the match as manager mode, then at the end of the game see the heat map on the midfielder. Screenshot if needs be.

Do manager mode as if you control the players you will influence the heat maps. 

Then load your saved master league, so that you have the same form etc, and son the match again, this time with he wing back instruction on. End of the game compare heat map on your midfielders.

Should be plain and obvious if the instruction applies. 

I did this for my 4312 formation, but with hug the toughline. Surprisingly the outside two CMFs did indeed hug the toughline when I compared heat maps. Good to know as of someone is playing wide vs me I have that command on, if it's through the middle I switch it off, and its seamless too.

Edited by tezombie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Jookoi, @tezombie - thanks for the ideas here. Will defo check out in more detail now

4 hours ago, tezombie said:

Start a master league, get to the first game and save. Play the match as manager mode, then at the end of the game see the heat map on the midfielder. Screenshot if needs be.

Then load your saved master league, so that you have the same form etc, and son the match again, this time with he wing back instruction on. End of the game compare heat map on your midfielders.

I did this for my 4312 formation, but with hug the toughline. Surprisingly the outside two CMFs did indeed hug the toughline when I compared heat maps. Good to know as of someone is playing wide vs me I have that command on, if it's through the middle I switch it off, and its seamless too.

good lord that is thorough

i swear if i ever see that your squad numbers are not on point :threaten: 

• Like 2

On 12/12/2017 at 7:01 PM, tezombie said:

Check out Tez Guardiola here :lol: 

3 hours ago, Bluebird said:

Check out Tez Guardiola here :lol: 

I am literally as dull as I sound :lol:

• Haha 1