Hulk

4-2-3-1 formation

ok buds  using the above ,  problem is I cant seem to get players to make forward  runs into space 

my three upfront lmf /rmf  have low attacking prowess  can that be the problem?

my passing is good probably over do it :shifty:   (pA1 )    am sticking to the formation  so 

please don't tell  me to change ,  have a look at my  squad  and let me know who to get rid of and

keep,   thx in advance  buds 

17 minutes ago, Hulk said:

ok buds  using the above ,  problem is I cant seem to get players to make forward  runs into space 

my three upfront lmf /rmf  have low attacking prowess  can that be the problem?

my passing is good probably over do it :shifty:   (pA1 )    am sticking to the formation  so 

please don't tell  me to change ,  have a look at my  squad  and let me know who to get rid of and

keep,   thx in advance  buds 

Try fluid changing your wide men to wing forwards when you attack

• Like 1

Do your wingers have creative playmaker cards? 

LMF and RMF stay more back then LWF and RWF. If you play Ward as an LWF he will be up there, I used to play him there and he dis good for me. Angiliri has got good Attacking Prowess for an SMF, so I think its just his position what keeps him from going forward all the time. Perez has got really low Attacking Prowess for a RWF, so he is probably not doing what he should be soing, even if you play him as a RWF.

Try to play 4 3 3 if you want more people forward, or use the Fluid formation. i am not a fan of that cause it drains more stamina, usually not a strong point from wingers.

@Hulk

Edited by RiQ1987
  • Like 1

Ive just switched back to 433 and have noticed the difference, with 433 the wingers stay up more 

• Like 1

Do you use Possession or Counter Attack build up @Hulk?

Just now, Sunzibad said:

Do you use Possession or Counter Attack build up @Hulk?

keep chopping and changing from  one to the other 

1 minute ago, Hulk said:

keep chopping and changing from  one to the other 

Try Counter mate.

Players tend to push forward as soon as you win the ball back on Counter. On Possession players come close for the ball instead of pushing forward.

Edited by Sunzibad
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sunzibad said:

Try Counter mate.

Players tend to push forward as soon as you win the ball back on Counter. On Possession players come close for the ball instead of pushing forward.

Yeah that really makes wide midfielders push up, and simply put a CMF on defensive and he will not attack, giving that passing option still 

• Like 1

I go 4-3-2-1 and have been having some success online although I'm not great.

(1) Yes, low attacking prowess is a problem

(2) best option is to go fluid and have them become wingers

(3) Being set on counter is a must

(4) I like to set counter target on my LMF and RMF it makes them stay up the pitch more often but you can still manually use them to press or drop deeper if need be. Only downside to this is that you're taking up advanced instruction spots.

• Like 1

If you have tika taka on this also stops people getting ahead of the balk as much. 

If you like everything else about 4-2-3-1 I’d avoid WFs. They essentially just stand up front so you won’t get them in those pockets of space between the lines as much and they’ll always look to run beyond their man. So if you enjoy a more patient build up it kind of spoils it. 

4231 I don't think is very well represented in Pes.It plays very rigid when in reality it's a pretty dynamic formation that offers a great balance between attack and defence.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vegasvoss said:

4231 I don't think is very well represented in Pes.It plays very rigid when in reality it's a pretty dynamic formation that offers a great balance between attack and defence.

All depends on the manager deploying the system really though. For instance you won’t find a much more rigid formation than Brighton’s 4-2-3-1 this season. 

Also in game it depends on sliders and tactics. For instance I have tika taka, wing rotation, possession, and flexible positioning on so all attacking positions drift everywhere when in possession. So I find it quite fluid. 

Tika taka and wing rotation not a combo I hear of often but I used it on 17 and loved it.

2 minutes ago, Vegasvoss said:

Tika taka and wing rotation not a combo I hear of often but I used it on 17 and loved it.

Comes with it’s fristrations when wanting to go more direct but gives you a lot of passing options and stretches defences, if you have the patience

Just now, ParrishJ said:

Comes with it’s fristrations when wanting to go more direct but gives you a lot of passing options and stretches defences, if you have the patience

Scared me trying to use it in 18 as the fullbacks were quite dumb at the start but defence is more balanced since the last update so could well be great again

think  I have it sorted  now :shifty:  I  need the  players to make it work :up: thx for all replies

• Like 1