Sign in to follow this  
kailashnikov

3atb?

I'm trying to get a 3 atb formation going (3-5-2 flat is what I've been trying). I can only get it to work as a crossing tactic because the LMF/RMF always run free, but cross spamming online prolly makes me a pookeynoodle. 

Otherwise, the middle of the park always gets really congested particularly against good players  and I can't dribble into the box or get any good 1-2s.

Nothing wrong with using your formations strong points bud, if the space is out wide, use it, when your opponent starts defending the wings that should leave more space in the middle.

I dont play 352 myself so wont be much help with tactics/sliders for that system. But maybe try a slow build up style, if you prefer playing through the middle. If you play possession + short pass tactics there should always be a man free, whether it be one of the 5 midfielders, or a CF, so in theory you could knock it about to disorganise the defence, until a gap appears for the killer ball.

But if you are finding success down the wings and enjoying that style of play then theres no need to fix what isnt broken. Crossing isnt seen as overpowered on this pes or anything

Edited by Goat261

When you start hitting 15-20 crosses a game thats boring to face. Remember; even if you have space on the flanks, you dont HAVE TO cross it or cut it back every time.

3-5-2 is quite popular this PES, at least on PEN. Crowding the middle, wide men and still having 2 in front.

i find crossing quite difficult this pen, always over shooting the man in middle,

as with anything.. facing the same thing constantly is dull but I wouldnt worry about crossing as main attack over any other style

As for the tactics.. ive just switched to 3 at back myself and find the main problem is the amount of space between my defence & mids and then the mids & forwards, finding it hard to close down quickly enough.  I'm either getting pulled out of position or allowing an unchallenged run into space as players back away.  But at same time I then get over run when trying to pass about myself as only have the two CMFs isolated.. im sticking with it though as I want to get better at dribbling & having Oxlade & Townsend either flank is fun

Experimenting with counter / possession / centering / wing rotation. nothing has stuck yet though