Flannybhoy67

PES 2019: Konami promising ‘significant changes’ at it looks to step up battle against FIFA 19

PES 2019 will be vastly different to last year’s game, according to the series’ European Community Leader Adam Bhatti.

Since Bhatti was appointed to the role in 2013, Konami’s flagship football game has seen somewhat of a critical revival – with scores often trumping EA Sports’ FIFA.

Sadly, though, PES is still lagging some way behind EA’s in the sales department.

As a result, the Japanese publisher will be ringing in the changes to ensure PES 2019 is a real contender against FIFA 19.

Bhatti has even moved over to Tokyo to offer his counsel first hand.

Speaking to Gamesradar, Bhatti said:  “The reason I’m going is because it marks a very important stage for the PES series.

“There will be significant changes made to the way we produce the game, and what we offer as a package.

“It’s the biggest change to the product in years, something that we began integrating with PES 2018.

“As mentioned earlier this year, we want to shock football fans each year for the next few years, with certain changes that simply wouldn’t be expected from a yearly title.”

PES games have always been close to the fans – who are integral in shaping the game year on year.

PES 2019 promises to empower fans even more to develop an ‘industry leading’ experience.

“We want to create a game that always puts the fans first, while at the same time giving non-PES players a way into the series,” Bhatti explained.

“To do this we need some big changes, not only in how the game plays.

“I’m extremely proud of how the game is playing, I believe it’s the best football playing experience we’ve ever created.

“But we need to offer the same high standard in all other areas, we want to be industry leading across the board.

“It’s an easy thing to say, but we’re always very aware of what it will take to get there.

“There will be sacrifices we need to make for the greater good, but all of which will make sense once the game is announced. It’s an extremely exciting time.”

PES 2019 will be released in September, likely a week or two before FIFA 19.

EA Sports are no doubt going to be watching developments in Tokyo very closely.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/gaming/370631/pes-2019-konami-adam-bhatti-ronaldo-fifa-19/amp/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let the bhatti bashing commence!!

• Haha 2

Probably more of a strategic PR trick due to recent events at EA lately. It’s worrisome though since Konami lack the funds and probably knowledge to go head to head against EA. And to move to Japan? Battle a western game but move more over to Japan?

Don't like the sound of sacrifices... hope he's not talking edit mode...

Just now, ClaretMatt said:

Don’t say that! 

Catch a ride, tOot-tooT

• Haha 1

Apparently they moved Bhatti out to Japan to oversee the production 

5 minutes ago, ClaretMatt said:

Im fearful every year that ill turn on the game and it will be gone 

• Like 2

“As mentioned earlier this year, we want to shock football fans each year.”

Oh god no, the last time they shocked me was with pes 2014

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I didn’t read after two paragraphs. They still were not able to resolve online and some issues after all years. 

PES’s being good or bad is not the point, every year we have been getting the most spammable game of the year and this year offline sucks too as a bonus. 

I worked for companies like Konami, believe me we will get the same thing next year, but i choose to ignore my negative thoughts to jump the hype train. 

At the end of the day, its a game. All that angers me is they have been doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different outcome. 

41 minutes ago, Flannybhoy67 said:

“There will be sacrifices we need to make for the greater good, but all of which will make sense once the game is announced. It’s an extremely exciting time.”

Translates to 'We've lost licences, but we're improving drastically in other areas that we are not yet going to tell you about (boots)''

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I want CLUBS, I want it NOW.

• Like 1

Looking forward to 4k HD cum faces. 

• Like 1

They said 18 was going to be completely different from 17 that it was 3 years in development and that basically 16 and 17 were stop gaps.

• Like 1

I should give a toss about lack of sales because it makes the game vulnerable - what will draw in the punters are all the clubs and main leagues already loaded, I love editing and adding kits and would not care if all teams were unlicensed but know I am in a real minority.

EA Sports have the monopoly because they have the licenses, (just like Sky got big by out gunning BBC and ITV on live football), the actual output (gameplay) does not bring the results - ownership of licensing does- because the average kid wants to be Real Madrid / Man City. Not having the Bundesliga is such a void too - EA hold all the cards - game development will count for little

It’s been a while . I feel a f**k up is on the cards. 

Been happy with the slight improvements of late . 

Hopfully I’m wrong 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BAZ said:

It’s been a while . I feel a f**k up is on the cards. 

Been happy with the slight improvements of late . 

Hopfully I’m wrong 

It will be slight improvements.I think we are going to have myclub and Pes League rammed more down our throats.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vegasvoss said:

It will be slight improvements.I think we are going to have myclub and Pes League rammed more down our throats.

Oh the joys 

Scarifices for the greater good

Hmm it really does sound to me like let's maximise what can make us the most money.I really fear it's going to be myclub or Pes League only.

2 minutes ago, Vegasvoss said:

I really fear it's going to be myclub or Pes League only.

Better f**king not be :lol: 

6 hours ago, ParrishJ said:

Hype train ? I’m aboard as always. 

choo choo, room for one more? 

Just now, wheresmark said:

Better f**king not be :lol: 

Whole vibe I got from it was PR bulls**t and how to maximise profits.Sacrifice to me sounds like getting rid of everything that doesn't make them money.Master League will def go imo.

9 minutes ago, rambovanhardnut said:

choo choo, room for one more? 

Hahaha you always rave when the game comes out . Then the rest of the time you rant like f**k :lol:

• Haha 2