Jump to content
tezombie

Form Arrows & why you should take them into account

Recommended Posts

Ever wondered how your player would be affected by arrow form?

Now, before doing this I almost always ignored form arrows. Probably not going to anymore after doing this little project.

Based on a very old image and estimated chart of increments/decrements per stat I have made up some player cards on my man Andre Almedia, to give an example

Almedia.png


So if I took Andre and played him on a red, I'm actually using a 69 rated bum! But on a blue, wow!

 

Here is one more, Lapadula.

Lapadua.png

 

 

Hopefully this might help the FLM lads coming across understand the importance of form.

 

 

Edited by tezombie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Massive importance is form. Quite a few articles on it already from the PEN lads. 

 

Love these UT style pics, shows how much of a difference a blue to a red is.  As if you Ignored form before Tez :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to feel the impact of form even more this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tezombie – if I recall correctly, the table in that old French manual shows the improvements per stat but not overall. So how did you create the OVR rating here? Did you do some sort of averaging, or use the edit mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ninjabean87 @payne wales , think you lads came from FLM? Not sure if this is 100% accurate, but you need to consider this when playing PES abd doing deals in the market. This is why most of us try to have a good bench aswell, instead of just having a first 11. Dont know if there are more FIFA lads? Someone should tag them here..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been playing red arrows :lol: not too fussed with them tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Janguv said:

@tezombie – if I recall correctly, the table in that old French manual shows the improvements per stat but not overall. So how did you create the OVR rating here? Did you do some sort of averaging, or use the edit mode?

Yeah averaging tbh, I did check a couple on edit mode and they were correct but I assume some may be 1 off 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great post @tezombie Always placed emphasise on Arrows, and have noticed almost impossible to score on a orange or Red arrow for strikers - never play strikers on orange or red unless unavoidable

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, miken333 said:

Great post @tezombie Always placed emphasise on Arrows, and have noticed almost impossible to score on a orange or Red arrow for strikers - never play strikers on orange or red unless unavoidable

I think orange is still alright for a winger. My only CF Huntelaar on a red can still cause some damage I've found out, but I agree. Try to avoid it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orange can do a job off the bench 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Janguv said:

@tezombie – if I recall correctly, the table in that old French manual shows the improvements per stat but not overall. So how did you create the OVR rating here? Did you do some sort of averaging, or use the edit mode?

Simple calculation. 

Sum(form card stats) / sum(standard card stats)

* Overall of standard player 

So Almedia has 477 on his blue arrow card, 437 on his standard card.

477/437= 1.091

Take original overall and multiply. It 1.091 = 85.

As near as I can get without manually working out each positions overall. 

 

Oh, also - what French manual?

Edited by tezombie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image result for CONFUSED GIF

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is interesting and something I guess most of noticed in some ways. Not sure about the amount change on each stats though, but that info is probably hidden deep down in a folder somewhere in Japan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red keeper / defenders are a car crash, other positions i can just about cope with but their stamina is f**ked after 55-60m mins.. super sub card is a good counter for red/orange arrow player from the bench

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The best improvements we see are in Blue Arrow form on Attacking prowess, Defensive prowess, Kicking power, Explosive power, Ball winning, Stamina. All plus 12%. The rest are 9% or 6% increases. 

The biggest hits on red arrows are -18% on explosive power, closely followed by  Attacking prowess and Defensive prowess at -16%. The other stats are decreased by 12% or 9%.

 

Konami have made sure explosive power and attacking / defensive prowess have the biggest change. This makes sense as someone who is off form feels sluggish (as you would expect) and obvious isnt as good at getting into positions or making those clinical runs when attacking.

Edited by tezombie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brought LMF.png 70 MATIAS NAHUEL as a wild card. Played about 10 games or so and he’s had four blues, a couple of greens, a couple of reds, then a green & orange. Just luck? I’ll see how the rest of the season goes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BenStatman said:

Brought LMF.png 70 MATIAS NAHUEL as a wild card. Played about 10 games or so and he’s had four blues, a couple of greens, a couple of reds, then a green & orange. Just luck? I’ll see how the rest of the season goes. 

He has low form. The feeling is that he will have a fair few bad arrows but the non-bad arrows he gets are likely to be very good.

I.e one extreme to the other. Or so, tests/experiences have shown.

For deep settled squads and an option an interesting low-form player could be a bit of an asset to call upon. If they're a starter/mainstay they could prove to be frustrating.

My feeling towards it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love a low form guy, blue arrows galore 

As sunzi says though, only really beneficial if you have a large squad. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sunzibad said:

Yes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buff05 said:

Yes? 

Don't worry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sunzibad said:

He has low form. The feeling is that he will have a fair few bad arrows but the non-bad arrows he gets are likely to be very good.

I.e one extreme to the other. Or so, tests/experiences have shown.

For deep settled squads and an option an interesting low-form player could be a bit of an asset to call upon. If they're a starter/mainstay they could prove to be frustrating.

My feeling towards it.

 

2 minutes ago, Rdotman said:

Love a low form guy, blue arrows galore 

As sunzi says though, only really beneficial if you have a large squad. 

 

Cool. Yeah he will be rotated but it feels good that I actually get to use him 😎 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sunzibad said:

Don't worry.

Am not remotely .... 

I'll surmise.. 

yes I stand by comments and i'll put my money where my mouth, I doubt (know) you will. 

Yellow arrow 70 DMF   on a blue does not  upto 82 DMF ...... Even on the revised numbers there a 20% swing in pace..... 

That not form. It a power up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Buff05 said:

Am not remotely .... 

I'll surmise.. 

yes I stand by comments and i'll put my money where my mouth, I doubt (know) you will. 

Yellow arrow 70 DMF   on a blue does not  upto 82 DMF ...... Even on the revised numbers there a 20% swing in pace..... 

That not form. It a power up. 

Haven't tested, but purely due to his distribution, I'd say CB.png 70 A. TUANZEBE would see a massive jump in overall on a blue arrow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blue arrows 😍

0DEDAF0A-6D93-4D89-988D-96169E044987.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×