NikoNikolson

A-positions and ratings (quick question)

Your view?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Think ive asked this before or someone else did but couldnt find it.

Which one is to go by, A,B,C position or the overall in certain position - which affects players stats (downgrading players performance). For example Atsu from my team just now noticed he's got A-position on CF but he's 67 there. Does it mean his stats would stay the same there despite the ovr drop as its A-position? Also he goes up to 75 at RMF from 74. Is this irrelevant and hes no better stats in RMF from LMF despite higher rating since both are A-positions? I know hard to read but basically does rating at all matter By position with A-position what does that help if rating stays or drops? Cheers

I always wonder the same thing mate, I think it doesn't matter but certain types of players / stats work better in different positions. 

For example a dribbly / passing CF who has A position at SS but goes down in rating there is still better to play at SS. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BenStatman said:

I always wonder the same thing mate, I think it doesn't matter but certain types of players / stats work better in different positions. 

For example a dribbly / passing CF who has A position at SS but goes down in rating there is still better to play at SS. 

yeah that makes sense m8, guess ill just have to find out By trying atsu as cf as the drop is -7 ovr i should notice a difference i think. Someone said once that the rating is just a calculation of suitable stats for position but not sure as i always went By the rating and not a position

Just now, NikoNikolson said:

yeah that makes sense m8, guess ill just have to find out By trying atsu as cf as the drop is -7 ovr i should notice a difference i think. Someone said once that the rating is just a calculation of suitable stats for position but not sure as i always went By the rating and not a position

What does it mean when the rating goes up in a different position though? Like wingers going up at AMF and AMF’s going up at LMF / RMF etc. 

Maybe their stats suit that position better so those individual stats will be more use there. Maybe Atsu has low finishing / attacking prowess so his rating drops a lot at CF. 

It matters zilch. In terms of there stats. 

Imo of course. 

It still matters if their stats don’t suit the position/role you are trying to play them though 

2 minutes ago, ParrishJ said:

Imo of course. 

It still matters if their stats don’t suit the position/role you are trying to play them though 

ok hope so too m8, A,B,C positions still matter right? like actually say making a players stats much worse

6 minutes ago, BenStatman said:

What does it mean when the rating goes up in a different position though? Like wingers going up at AMF and AMF’s going up at LMF / RMF etc. 

Maybe their stats suit that position better so those individual stats will be more use there. Maybe Atsu has low finishing / attacking prowess so his rating drops a lot at CF. 

yea could be this indeed, as for atsu that would make sense he dont look like a cf statswise at all. But i think ive noticed some other players who have great stats and suitable for a certain position and A position there yet they too drop quite a bit so theyre not always logical

I dunno. Why does a 75 rated RWF drop to a 71 rated LWF (A position) for example, same positions, overall still drops. It must mean something, you would say.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I dont think there is a definitive answer, not that i know of anyway. So you will likely get a few different opinions, imo i think he will play exactly the same in all A positions no matter what his rating is, i imagine the reason Atsu drops to 67 is because his CF attributes arent very good (i guess the 3 main attributes that effect the CFs rating are attacking prowess, finishing and heading)  the game is just advising you that he doesnt have attributes suited to the CF role.

You would think its something like below....problem is, its konami, so who knows!

Rating - Doesnt effect how they perform, Its there just for show, gives a snapshot of the players ability, determined by a combination of attributes and the positional grades of A, B, C (default position also seems to play a part).

Positional Grades - Does effect how the player performs  (this is obvious when playing someone in a C position)....... For example on pes 2015 Perotti was a C at CMF but his rating didnt drop too much, was around 75 (his default rating/position was 79 LMF) and he was abysmal for me in that position, was never in the right position to receive the ball and basically just went missing all game, on the ball he didnt feel quite right, like he was on a orange arrow. Where as when Cercis rating also fell by 4 points at RMF (B position) i couldnt really see any difference from when he played in his natural position of RWF.

But then that doesnt explain some things, like why some wingers are higher rated on one wing than the other, even when theyre grade A on either wing. Unless preferred foot + certain attributes determine whether the winger should be a traditional winger who crosses, or an inverted winger who is designed to cut inside. So maybe if youre a left footer with good crossing and poor finishing you may be slightly higher rated on the left wing....i have no idea, thats the only thing i could think of :lol:

My mindset is
A - dont care bout the rating
B  if it drops by no more than 4 points ll try the player in that position. If it drops by around 8 then i would be more wary, even though i dont think the rating effects the player, i cant be 100% sure
C - never play anyone in their C positions.

Edited by Goat261
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ParrishJ said:

Imo of course. 

That’s my take on it. 

If I play my CB up front he will be s**te at shooting/dribbling still but will be good in the air at winning headers etc. His jump/heading stats don’t go down because just because his overall has gone from 80 to 65 or whatever. 

Again this is all imo of course. 

• Like 1

I think default position the player feels best.

I think other A-Positions than default, player is nearly as good but just not quite what they are in their default position - can't quantify it, it's just a feeling. (Don't know if they feel better if their OVR goes up in another A-Position)

I think B-Position player feels worse than A or default - don't do it myself personally unless the s**t is severe.

I think C-Positions are folly.

I think OVR formula is weird. Change Pavon right now in edit mode from default RWF to LWF and he is an 80 LWF, move him in game from deault RWF to A-Position LWF and he drops to 75.

I think the rating is indicative, Adama Traore goes up to 78 at A-Position RMF, I will try him out some more to see if he feels better than his default 75 at RWF.

Can't rule out whether the OVR has an effect or not. I personally "feel" default positions feel better than A-Positions etc.

Anyway there's a lot of 'I thinks' in there - so take it as that.. opinion.

I used to think as long as it's an A-Position the player will feel exactly the same as if they were playing their default position, but don't feel that anymore. Feel their is an ever so slight difference.

• Like 1

Izqueriedo is better as an SS than a LWF. That's all I know

This guy : F. GODOY

Goes down to 69 @ DMF even if he would have been a 75 rated IF he was a registered DMF in edit mode...

I know that someone thinks cards in effective even out of "card-position" (Think Roberto Larcos once said he had this from Konami people?).

Thanks for input everyone, great answers. I tried Atsu today as CF vs com, and he was just as quick if my eyes werent lying, definately not as slow as a -7 drop in ovr would suggest. So i think it's true that A position is all that matters. But will have to try it with more players.

In summary, no-one really knows, because Konami are tight-lipped pookeynoodles. I'm not sure they even know.

I tend to focus on individual stats, not on OVR ratings, but I do want players to have the A-positions.

For example, I play Kluivert at LWF which makes him 69 rated, same with 75 CB Fosu at DMF, 69 rated. As long as they perform, I'm good

Still, it's weird nobody knows for certain. People play this game for money, goes to show sports games aren't e-sports ready yet

Ovr Rating has no importance, thats the stats what matter. This is kind of an official answer since i read that several times on the net written by Konami employees. 

C position rating is a no go for sure, my test subject is Neuer who has high ratings in many positions. B is kind of a discussion which will never end imo.

There are many factors effecting the gameplay so it is very hard to test all properly.

• Like 1

simply :

< Registered Position >

A player's favoured position . This is indicated by a Position Icon which is shown along with the player's individual details.

< Playable Position >

Select positions in which the player is capable of playing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Attacking ( Finishing Skills and Offensive Position ) :

Attacking Prowess + Finishing + Header

* Defensive ( Ball Stealing and Defensive Position ) :

Defensive Prowess + Ball Winning

* Speed ( Sprinting Ability and Stamina ) :

Speed + Explosive Power + Stamina

* Physical ( Required For One-on-One Duels ) :

Strength On the Ball + Physical Contact + Kicking Power + Jump

* Technique ( Required For Keeping the Ball ) :

Ball Control + Dribbling + Low Pass + Lofted Pass

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Centre Forward : need Attacking + Physical

Second Striker : need Attacking Speed + Technique

Right & Left Wing Forward : need Attacking + Speed

=================================================

Attacking Midfielder : need Attacking + Technique

Right & Left Midfielder : need Technique + Speed

Centre Midfielder : need Attacking + Defensive + Physical + Technique

Defensive Midfielder : need Defensive + Physical + Technique

==================================================

Centre Back : need Defensive + Physical

Right & Left Back : need Defensive + Speed

Goalkeeper : need Physical + Goalkeeping + Catching + Clearing + Reflexes + Coverage

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alkhafji said:

simply :

< Registered Position >

A player's favoured position . This is indicated by a Position Icon which is shown along with the player's individual details.

< Playable Position >

Select positions in which the player is capable of playing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Attacking ( Finishing Skills and Offensive Position ) :

Attacking Prowess + Finishing + Header

* Defensive ( Ball Stealing and Defensive Position ) :

Defensive Prowess + Ball Winning

* Speed ( Sprinting Ability and Stamina ) :

Speed + Explosive Power + Stamina

* Physical ( Required For One-on-One Duels ) :

Strength On the Ball + Physical Contact + Kicking Power + Jump

* Technique ( Required For Keeping the Ball ) :

Ball Control + Dribbling + Low Pass + Lofted Pass

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Centre Forward : need Attacking + Physical

Second Striker : need Attacking Speed + Technique

Right & Left Wing Forward : need Attacking + Speed

=================================================

Attacking Midfielder : need Attacking + Technique

Right & Left Midfielder : need Technique + Speed

Centre Midfielder : need Attacking + Defensive + Physical + Technique

Defensive Midfielder : need Defensive + Physical + Technique

Centre Back : need Defensive + Physical

Right & Left Back : need Defensive + Speed

Goalkeeper : need Physical + Goalkeeping + Catching + Clearing + Reflexes + Coverage

Do you think a player who is a 79 WF but a 78 SS as a B, will be as good a SS as a similar rated player who is a 78 SS as an A position? 

My theory about Playable Position  :

When a player plays in a different position than his favourite position his adaptability decides how well he copes with the new position

The further away a player is from his favourite position the more uncomfortable he will be.

Playable Position ( adaptability ) A , B & C

• Like 1

@alkhafji strong first posts, interesting stuff havent seen those before thanks! And welcome to the site enjoy

I have since I read theories about this avoided using players out of positions where positioning and reactions to the situations are more important. The theory was about how the players moved and read situations basically. Not about stats. Out of position = late to the ball or poor runs, worse markings, less capable of following game plan etc.

Have no idea if it's true but I hope so. :)

I play E. MOR at CF mate where he's  a 69 A position and he is even more effective centrally imo 

Also used ilsanker at CB who is a  B position there but goes up in Rating, never noticed a difference 

Also iwobi at AMF is great with his one touch pass and high attacking prowess ( also a B position but stays 76)  

It's Konami so nobody really knows what anything means including themselves