RiQ1987

Does the PA and Dribbling feel broken?

I think its f**ked, examples from my league. And I swear I aim..

1st: needs to wide, RB, Janmaat

2nd: to Romero

3rd: to my defender on the left

4th: lol (low pass, no through ball)

Also feel like my, normally dribbly players, no feel a bit sluggish.

And I dont think its lag.

Anyone else with same experience?

Stay away from those crutches mate. :)

1. Both players almost the same angle.

2. and 3, passing to a player out of acceptable angle.

4. not sure what happened there, but this happens pretty regularly on manual. Something with the ball speeds up near the sideline.

PA1 has been poor the past 2 versions but I don't have the patience for manual passing.  I hope the prayed for PA0.5 is something they're working on.

Dribbling, I haven't noticed a difference myself.

• Like 1

So many passes are not going to where I want them to now 

• Like 2

My biggest gripe with this game is when this happens and it happens way too often for it to be just me being s**t

Just now, ninjabean87 said:

My biggest gripe with this game is when this happens and it happens way too often for it to be just me being s**t

Its because of the latest patch, wasnt like this before.

I feel like this has been the worst pes in years when it comes to passes going to the wrong player, and it does feel worse than ever in the games i played today.
Its a shame as its the only major thing that is letting the game down imo. Its more concerning as it seems to be the direction theyre going, as its more and more assisted every year. Pes 2011 was the perfect passing system imo (its the whole reason i started playing pes again, as the rest of the game was poor but i enjoyed the passing so much i ditched fifa for pes), then they brought in 4 PA levels on 2012, default was PA3, i used to play on PA1 which was pretty much as perfect as pes 2011 for me. But then i think it was 2015 were they changed to 3 PA levels and made PA1 the default. That would have been great if it was the PA1 from 12 and 13, instead they made pa1 play like the old pa3, and its been the same ever since....I know i go on about this all the time but i got to get it out my system every now and then as im longing for the day they bring back 2011 passing or proper PA1 :lol:

Still though its a small gripe considering how much i still enjoy the game, the buggy type passes only happen a few times a match, so at least its not something that occurs all the time, even though it shouldnt happen at all. Sure you want misplaced passes, especially if the player has low passing attributes, but its obvious when a pass is miss placed due to attributes, bad timing etc, and when its a bug pass. Like this pass vs Sunzi earlier, look at the power bar (barely any power) the body position of my player etc, clearly i want to pass to the player next to the ref (im aiming right at him with the analog stick too) and yet my player attempts to pass it to Luis Alberto who is no where near my intended target and has no chance of receiving the ball. These are the passes i saw more often today, compared to a 6 weeks ago.

Not like a pesfan to live in the Pes past @Goat261

;)

Pes6 #Justsaying

• Like 1

Im glad im not the only one experiencing it lol. Must have been something with the latest patch, wasnt as frequent before.

I really do believe it happens, but luckily I've not experienced it yet. Is it a manual only thing? 

5 minutes ago, Zakremoor said:

I really do believe it happens, but luckily I've not experienced it yet. Is it a manual only thing? 

Nah PA1. 

• Thanks 1

So would all the other PA settings be worse?

3 minutes ago, ninjabean87 said:

So would all the other PA settings be worse?

PA2 and PA3 are worse, as in more assisted. PA1 should have some player input, Manual for closest to a football sim. But, for some, it feels like PA1 is boosted towards PA2 in some occasions.

@Goat261 doesnt the dribbling / first touch feel different to you aswell? For me it feels like it has speeded up in some situations (first touch, no control, like a player is controlling a hot ball), and it can feel chunky (that a word?) when dribbling.

5 minutes ago, RiQ1987 said:

@Goat261 doesnt the dribbling / first touch feel different to you aswell? For me it feels like it has speeded up in some situations (first touch, no control, like a player is controlling a hot ball), and it can feel chunky (that a word?) when dribbling.

Can't say I've noticed this but could it be because the ball physics changed after the patch? 

Btw gotta say at first I was sceptic of this and thought it's just you passing poorly in the video. 

But I definitely have noticed some really wierd passes lately. 

This happens on manual too, but you can deal with it. I imagine it's the same thing happening with the game misreading the intended recipient of a pass.

Passes into space can lock onto the wrong player. Thankfully on manual the pass actually goes where you want it and it's a case of quickly switching.

Must be horrid on PA.

Posted (edited)

Passing is weird now.

Simple passes turn in to misplaced Hollywood passes.

And the Hollywood pass is often misplaced and short.

Often picks the wrong option out of two simple options - goes for the more dangerous one, inexplicably giving away the ball.

Then there is a simple 1-2 throughball instead of going back to the guy you receive the 1-2 from, it turns in to a Hollywood pass and completely misses the player who started the 1-2 and goes to some random player on the wing in what turns out to be a magical Valderamma vision type pass to cut through the whole defence. If I tried to pass to that player on the wing intentionally it would never get to him.

Not noticed any dribbling issues but definitely enough weird passes for me to notice.

Edited by Sunzibad

7 hours ago, Jookoi said:

Btw gotta say at first I was sceptic of this and thought it's just you passing poorly in the video. 

lol n00b

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, RiQ1987 said:

PA2 and PA3 are worse, as in more assisted. PA1 should have some player input, Manual for closest to a football sim. But, for some, it feels like PA1 is boosted towards PA2 in some occasions.

When you say chunky do you mean stiff and robotic? (clunky). If so then its always felt that way to me but think thats just because i dont know how to dribble, as the likes of @NikoNikolson and @dortaboy seem to be under complete control when they dribble. Cant say ive noticed a change to the dribbling/first touch but as i say it may just be because im not too familiar with the dribbling mechanics.

Edited by Goat261

Definitely noticing a difference, 2 or 3 times a match I make a pass and it goes to a complete other person, passes to my AM end up being  balls for my CF.  

Noticed it since the patch, also the passes seem to have a lot more curve on them 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Goat261 said:

When you say chunky do you mean stiff and robotic? (clunky). If so then its always felt that way to me but think thats just because i dont know how to dribble, as the likes of @NikoNikolson and @dortaboy seem to be under complete control when they dribble. Cant say ive noticed a change to the dribbling/first touch but as i say it may just be because im not too familiar with the dribbling mechanics.

Havent played much in a while but lately my playing has been pretty bad, think its more of the formation i use though. Cant get enough room to keep possession and get pressed a lot. Was also much better at dribbling in previous pes's i think it's been made harder indeed or ive gotten worse. Miss 2016 and 17 tbh.

37 minutes ago, Goat261 said:

Yeah Clunky, @rambovanhardnut is chunky, was confused lll

29 minutes ago, wheresmark said:

passes to my AM end up being  balls for my CF.  

:lol:

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, RiQ1987 said:

Yeah Clunky, @rambovanhardnut is chunky, was confused lll

:lol:

:shifty: 

47 minutes ago, NikoNikolson said:

and you know how to dribble @Goat261

This :)

I had to double check to make sure he said he was poor at dribbling. Mate if you're poor then the rest of us must be s**t :D

• Like 1

On 3/14/2018 at 9:05 PM, NikoNikolson said:

Havent played much in a while but lately my playing has been pretty bad, think its more of the formation i use though. Cant get enough room to keep possession and get pressed a lot. Was also much better at dribbling in previous pes's i think it's been made harder indeed or ive gotten worse. Miss 2016 and 17 tbh.

I haven’t played for a long time and turned into a noob just saying, hehe :) But there is a huge difference between the release version and updated one. I can feel the difference because of the break. 

passing is really awful, low passes go to wrong players and got very weird physics  while some specific ones seem to be unstoppable :( and dribbling has been nerfed down so bad that even skilled dribblers like you will have problems under high pressure. I think the advanced instructions also ruin the game this year, unbalancing the gameplay too much. All might have counter tactics but you have to pause and change several times turning this like basketball or NFL like game :) 

the whole game feels robotic to me now, maybe manual feels much better, idk tbh.