speirsington

Advanced tactic combos

I've been experimenting with formations and advanced tactics. Obviously some advanced tactics suit some formations better than others, same with the opponents line up eg wing backs with deep defensive lines for the ronaldo bale spammers

I'm just curious what combos everyone likes/hates

Following this as I'm new to pes and wish to find out some good tactics :)

• Like 1

I'm a defensive player so always use deep defensive line, and always put my anchorman DMF as a defensive player. For the other two I use counter target on one of my strikers, purely to save stamina, and switch to the other at half time. 

For the last one I use hug the touchline, despite  having no wingers or wide mids (41212 with central midfielders) . This still works and if someone plays wide, I leave it on, if they play through the middle, I switch it off and the central midfielders tuck back in. 

25 minutes ago, j0rd4n500 said:

Following this as I'm new to pes and wish to find out some good tactics :)

You'll find plenty of decent info on here mate

A favourite of mine is if my CF is being man marked, stick on false 9 so he'll drop in deep and pull the cb out of position allowing the lmf/rmf/amf run into the space for a shot. Even better if the lmf/rmf/amf has the hole player card

• Like 1

This is where PES destroys FIFA imo. How do you want to play? Experiment with it and you'll be able to convert it in the game.

Personally, I play a 433/343 with a CB/DMF who is essential to get the ball and go forward with it. I play a very high line and aim to press and get the ball back asap, so high def line and pressure with a lot of numbers in attack. Get the ball, organise and pick a pass. If I want to create space on the wings, hug the touchline. I don't want to be a kunt so no gegenpress, but on MyClub it works wonders. Need a goal in the last minutes or need to defend? Could do swarm the box. 

Saw somebody complain about the long waiting times for a game, while it takes too f**king long loading, the waiting at the match setup screen is because people like to adapt to their opponent and possibly man mark some players, sub bad arrows out and assign a new captain with the captaincy card for example. 

It has quite some depth, need any advice feel free to send me a message. We Dutchies like to discuss tactics, it's all we have left....

• Like 3

My combo right now is Defensive on my DMF so he'll stick to the line & False Wingers, which I don't really like how it plays. 

When starting the attack from the back, they tend to start going towards the center right from the halfway line, which I think is too early. 

In defense I only use tight marking on an attacker if I see he's getting the ball to his feet a lot. 

Bit of a video on how the player reacts to the defensive option.

• Like 2

4-4-2  Counter target on a forward player usually unless I'm playing more patiently. 

4-4-3 False Wingers 1 Counter targer

4-3-3 Myclub  - Deep defensive line, counter target. 

4-3-3 while being pressured hard , Hug the touchline,  Counter target 

OK, I think I'd rather have tactics that work rather than the right kits. FIFA CDM "stay back" or in reality, ignore my instructions and be a striker...

Something to look at for sure. 

Tika taka and wing rotation works well if you’re patient. And like to play your way into the box.

Hug the touch line very good if you like to play wide. 

48 minutes ago, wheresmark said:

4-4-3 False Wingers 1 Counter targer

Ah ha now I see why you are up near the top end of the table

Mark cheating again, using the 12 man advanced tactic

:die:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Seanachais said:

Ah ha now I see why you are up near the top end of the table

Mark cheating again, using the 12 man advanced tactic

:die:

:shifty:  

*top of the table

Against you was 3-4-3 and 2 advanced tactics :shifty: 

4 minutes ago, wheresmark said:

:shifty:  

*top of the table

Against you was 3-4-3 and 2 advanced tactics :shifty: 

It took about 20 @Roberto Larcos style in game tactic pauses before you found something that worked lol

Wheresmark Pens tactician  :shifty:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Seanachais said:

It took about 20 @Roberto Larcos style in game tactic pauses before you found something that worked lol

took one change after 35minutes :sneaky1:  Wish I remembered what I did :shifty: 

57 minutes ago, Seanachais said:

Hate if he gets to control the team in 11v11 :lol:

• Like 1

I'm currently messing around on quick match with this fluid formation, had really mixed results from winning 4/5-0 with 70+% possession, 120-150 passes completed. On the other hand I've lost 0-1/2 but still having 70+% possession, 120-150 passes completed.

At KO:

image.png

In possession:

image.png

Without possession:

image.png

Atk:

Possession

short pass

Centre

Flex

Support 1

Def:

FP

Wide

Aggressive

DL 1

Compact 1

Advanced:

Tiki-taka 

Gengenpress (after 70 mins)

• Like 1

@speirsington

I've toyed with a similar idea in the past, however my worry is that it'll leave a big hole in the centre of defence when transitioning from in possession to losing possession as the DMF is potentially well out of position.  Using the Defensive instruction would make some difference but I still wouldn't trust the defence to behave as I'd want. Think it leaves you very open to a quick striker being played in behind with ease.

3 hours ago, ClaretMatt said:

@speirsington

I've toyed with a similar idea in the past, however my worry is that it'll leave a big hole in the centre of defence when transitioning from in possession to losing possession as the DMF is potentially well out of position.  Using the Defensive instruction would make some difference but I still wouldn't trust the defence to behave as I'd want. Think it leaves you very open to a quick striker being played in behind with ease.

I agree. If you don't win the ball back quickly you can be in trouble 

On 12/3/2018 at 6:09 PM, Seanachais said:

hahahah :lol:

Yeah possibly my tactic style was more for NBA 2k than for Pes :lol:

• Haha 1

Getting back into the flow of playing and I've been using a combo of 5-4-1 (DMF, 2 CMFs, 1 AMF)out of possession and 3-5-2 in possession (pushing wingbacks up to midfield, AMF becomes SS) with advanced tactics set to DMF as defensive and CF as Counter target. 

When getting back on D, I manually set my defensive line to stop the through ball spam.  

Only ones I use are defensive to stop my fullbacks going on an adventure

Appreciate it's not a recognised position but has anyone tried shoehorning the Sweeper role into a formation? Toying around earlier with a 3-5-2 with Fiorentina, dropping the CB slightly deeper whilst pushing the 2 CB's aside him up to the brink of the CDM role. Although the deep defensive line tactic countered that i think as it was a continuous flat back 3 during the game. 

I put Milan Badelj in there and whilst his rating was annihilated, giving him the ball to release the wide men on the counter who were set to touchline huggers was quite effective. Managed to get him involved further up the field although he'd generally run out of legs come the half way line. 

34 minutes ago, Jakey Fantastic said:

Appreciate it's not a recognised position but has anyone tried shoehorning the Sweeper role into a formation? Toying around earlier with a 3-5-2 with Fiorentina, dropping the CB slightly deeper whilst pushing the 2 CB's aside him up to the brink of the CDM role. Although the deep defensive line tactic countered that i think as it was a continuous flat back 3 during the game. 

I put Milan Badelj in there and whilst his rating was annihilated, giving him the ball to release the wide men on the counter who were set to touchline huggers was quite effective. Managed to get him involved further up the field although he'd generally run out of legs come the half way line. 

I tried it in PES 17, I struggled to be compact enough in defence using a sweeper, when I actually wanted it to make my defence more compact.  Did it work for you defensively? 

1 minute ago, wheresmark said:

I tried it in PES 17, I struggled to be compact enough in defence using a sweeper, when I actually wanted it to make my defence more compact.  Did it work for you defensively? 

Yeah, like I say the back 3 ended up being standard despite the adjustments. I need to try it without the deep defensive line on really as I do want the Sweeper covering/jockeying as opposed to being in amongst it. I was well covered when sending him up through the field though. 

Just now, Jakey Fantastic said:

Yeah, like I say the back 3 ended up being standard despite the adjustments. I need to try it without the deep defensive line on really as I do want the Sweeper covering/jockeying as opposed to being in amongst it. I was well covered when sending him up through the field though. 

Since my post with the formations, I've put defensive on my DMF (who drops into cb out of possession) and he kind of acts like a sweeper, or at least I control him like one

• Like 1