Grumbo

Not an apology- more of a thank you.

Pleased you have finally found out what we have known for years mate :up:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

it weird watching keepers make saves from one on ones :shifty: Still playing about with tactics just now but loving the whole setup :rock:

Cosmetics, modes, licencing much better on FIFA. Gameplay, albeit opinion, better on PES. 

On PEN we dont need the modes, because we have the leagues and transfermarket. Licencing can be solved with option files (PS4/PC only). Cosmetics, well who gives a f**k.

1 minute ago, Chip Wagner said:

Breaking news;

Grumbo won a game on PES and is now a self professed expert at the game.

More to follow...

CHIP WAGNER :hyper: 

• Like 2

Always has played a better game. Lack of content lets it down though 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grumbo said:

With the recent closure of FLM and the enforced move to PEN. 

I salute all the PES players. :rock:

Obvious reservations about the game after enjoying Fifa last season and winning Division 2

All then reservations have now been put to one side. Really enjoying it now. It's a proper football game and has made me realise how arcadey Fifa really is.  

As i have said to many of the FLM guys play it and give it a chance and you will enjoy it. 

Credit where credit is due. :up:

You never told me :shifty:

• Haha 1

Agree with grumbo never liked the idea of pes but now I am on it and have give it a proper go it plays great can’t get enough of it just need to play a few of the Xbox boys who have league spots already to get a gage of how bad I am lol

I'm really liking the gameplay, did a few FIFA last night and it frustrated me. I'll want to play some more games, I do love how the players off the ball seem to make great runs into space. Marco Ruben is fantastic on PES, not in the leagues, shame on you!

Posted (edited)

People say cosmetics.

Apart from menus (boo-f**king-hoo), don't even rate the FIFA faces.  PES' are better and extend to more than just the Prem and main teams.

Licensing is where FIFA has PES beat.

Anyway, glad you're enjoying the game - never has a saying been so true when I say that there's more to PES than meets the eye.

It's not without its flaws, mind - but that's why we play on PEN where a few of them are irrelevant.

Edited by Sunzibad

My only real bugbear is East Dorsetshire for Bournemouth ffs! Just cut off the fecking Shire bit. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Diodex said:

My only real bugbear is East Dorsetshire for Bournemouth ffs! Just cut off the fecking Shire bit. 

So PES, love it :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brizzle said:

Pleased you have finally found out what we have known for years mate :up:

Absolutely loved PES4, 5 and 6, much more than FIFA but post those releases became massively disenchanted and moved the other way (don't get me wrong though, there have been some horrific FIFA releases too)... 

Having played a few games of this PES release I'm beginning to think Konami got their act together at some point (you and the others will know better than me when this happened).

The gameplay is very good so far and the fact you can play game modes on the trial version is a great move for anyone unsure of whether they'd invest.

1 hour ago, Amen Raz said:

You never told me :shifty:

You on tonight then? :taunt:

28 minutes ago, BlondeDan said:

Absolutely loved PES4, 5 and 6, much more than FIFA but post those releases became massively disenchanted and moved the other way (don't get me wrong though, there have been some horrific FIFA releases too)... 

Having played a few games of this PES release I'm beginning to think Konami got their act together at some point (you and the others will know better than me when this happened).

The gameplay is very good so far and the fact you can play game modes on the trial version is a great move for anyone unsure of whether they'd invest.

PES 13 is when they got it back together, but then lost it for PES 14, PES 15 onwards is getting better year after year

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grumbo said:

You on tonight then? :taunt:

Yes... I mean no... :cardR:

5 hours ago, Chip Wagner said:

Breaking news;

Grumbo won a game on PES and is now a self professed expert at the game.

More to follow...

I quit, not going to be trolled by this gimp. :D

f**k you!

5 hours ago, Diodex said:

Brilliant :lol:

Are unlicensed player names just as bad as before? I remember Jan Koller being Jan Killer :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Mr-Masta said:

Brilliant :lol:

Are unlicensed player names just as bad as before? I remember Jan Koller being Jan Killer :lol: 

Hardly any fake names now, some national teams and a few Brazilian teams. 

All the main leagues are correct, just team names need editing 

The normal seasons mode and the matchmaking involved ( team rating) is  Wank. Championship teams vs Real/Barce/City gets boring eventually.

Myclub is also s**t? 

The fact that as soon as anyone presses x it skips a replay also p**ses me off, the game looks so good you just wanna watch some back now. 

Thats as far as my gripes go with PES :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Stev3n86 said:

The normal seasons mode and the matchmaking involved ( team rating) is  Wank. Championship teams vs Real/Barce/City gets boring eventually.

Myclub is also s**t? 

There is no team strength matchmaking at all in divisions unfortunately, and nobody really cares about Division so just spam Madrid or barca for ranking points instead 

Myclub is actually a bit better in that respect as you can limit the other teams you face with the level match making. 

25 minutes ago, Stev3n86 said:

Myclub is also s**t? 

The fact that as soon as anyone presses x it skips a replay also p**ses me off, the game looks so good you just wanna watch some back now. 

Do some 3v3 again soon mate :up:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stev3n86 said:

Myclub is also s**t? 

Aye for that reason its not really playable unless you have a team on here or just play friendlies. 

I need to get back playing vs PEN members as I've only been playing online quick matches vs the usual Barcelona/Real Madrid merchants. I don't want to create my own team yet though because I'm not in the leagues and wouldn't want to put players in my team that people are already using. So I may just wait and take part in community nights for now. I'll definitely join the one later tonight. I'm also in the Coupe Du Monde tournament to get back in the swing of things, hopefully I can get out of my group as the not so mighty Scotland :D I haven't been in a PEN party chat for ages so will need to get back involved :up:

• Like 3