• Assists: L. Fer x2, A. Hernandez, Márquez
  • Clean Sheet: -
  • MoTM (if applicable): A. Hérnandez

==========

Away Team

Manager: @BenStatman
Franchise: Athletic Club

Player Info

• Scorers: Hélder Costa, M. Braithwaite, Y. Mvogo (Own Goal)
  • Assists: J. Anor
  • Clean Sheet: -
  • MoTM (if applicable): -

==========

Match Report

Breathtaking fixture between two very offensive sides, don_hate86 (the new-comer) and Benstatman (The D1 Vet). As in Fixture 6, Hernandez was quickly on the spot to make it 1-0 in within the first fifteen minutes. Ten minutes later, Athletic responded with a scrappy goal from the danish striker M. Braithwaite, and within another ten minutes Heldér Costa completed the comeback by slotting home an inspired pass from Juanpi. Athletic held on to the lead until the 62nd minute when newly bought J. Lingard put the ball in the bottom left corner. A moments later, this very intense game was turned on its head once again when L. Fer exploited a mistake in the Athletic defence, and played it on to a very in-form Hernandez. 
FC Schalke 04 kept pushing for a forth goal but instead conceded an own goal after an absolutely retarded miss from M. Braithwaite (clip #1). Despite this very hard blow, a determined Schalke side managed to keep creating chances. This paid off in the absolute last seconds of the game when O. Norwood intercepted a careless pass from Athletic's C. Meli. He sends it on to the substitute Marquez whose already spotted M. Pugh in a good position. He curls it in for the winner and the crowd, as well as the players, go absolutely apesh*t (clip #2). Quite a blow for the away side who was hoping to get the point while FC Schalke can celebrate their second win of the season. M. Braithwaite and A. Hernandez both looking like strong contenders for the top scorer title with four goals in the first two games.

Notes: GG mate, hopefully we can have just an intense a rematch in the basque country.

• Like 1

Very well played man, a panicked ball out of defence gave you the opportunity and my defender just played him onside. I could hear you celebrating :lol: 

I must learn to improve my game management, not sure I would have deserved a point though. 

Good luck in the rest, a really tough encounter. 

:pen:

I gotta excuse the spelling/grammar. Haven't written any English for a while.

1 minute ago, BenStatman said:

Very well played man, a panicked ball out of defence gave you the opportunity and my defender just played him onside. I could hear you celebrating :lol: 

You can bet your ass i was celebrating. Trying to be respectful though! I guess that didn't work out :D

• You're welcome 1

Results & Stats Added :pen: 

Sign in to follow this