Jump to content
Diodex

Playing out of position

Recommended Posts

I have this young man Jese a LWF.png he 78 rated there, If I want to swap him to a RWF he drops to 74, how much do the 4 points affect his in-game performance? He's right-footed so my logic would say he could cross better from the right side of a pitch. 

Just one of the little details of PES I would like to learn about.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The overall rating means absolutely nothing 

If the position is bold and highlighted it means it's an A position 

Highlighted and not bold is B position 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Rdotman said:

The overall rating means absolutely nothing 

If the position is bold and highlighted it means it's an A position 

Highlighted and not bold is B position 

 

 

@Diodex Like a lot of things in PES, I think this is the community's assumption based on limited info. It is hard to definitively measure positional sense (attacking prowess etc), but based on the fact that some ratings actually go UP for the non-default position if it is an A position,  most of us are inclined to agree that an 'A' position shouldn't affect the stats/performance. But I'm no expert. Some people play players in 'B' positions all the time as well.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BirdPersonC137 said:

 

@Diodex Like a lot of things in PES, I think this is the community's assumption based on limited info. It is hard to definitively measure positional sense (attacking prowess etc), but based on the fact that some ratings actually go UP for the non-default position if it is an A position,  most of us are inclined to agree that an 'A' position shouldn't affect the stats/performance. But I'm no expert. Some people play players in 'B' positions all the time as well.

No mate everything I said is 100% fact lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rdotman said:

No mate everything I said is 100% fact lol 

For real or messing with me? I can never tell what is legit with f**king Konami. Maybe you've got an inside man. Either way we agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BirdPersonC137 said:

For real or messing with me? I can never tell what is legit with f**king Konami. Maybe you've got an inside man. Either way we agree. 

Not sure what I've said that you are finding hard to believe mate?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rdotman said:

Not sure what I've said that you are finding hard to believe mate?  

Just sometimes even when it looks an 'A' the stats will drop. For example if you play an RWF as an LWF even if it looks an 'A' in-game there is a significant drop. Never quite understood that I don't think the dominant leg affects the stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BirdPersonC137 said:

Just sometimes even when it looks an 'A' the stats will drop. For example if you play an RWF as an LWF even if it looks an 'A' in-game there is a significant drop. Never quite understood that I don't think the dominant leg affects the stats.

No their stats do not drop, only the overall rating you see on the formation screen changes 

Ilsanker has CB as a B and he still goes up in Rating there. It is just how the distribution of stats is interpreted for that position. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diodex said:

I have this young man Jese a LWF.png he 78 rated there, If I want to swap him to a RWF he drops to 74, how much do the 4 points affect his in-game performance? He's right-footed so my logic would say he could cross better from the right side of a pitch. 

Just one of the little details of PES I would like to learn about.

 

The overall change wouldn't affect his stats or how he handles since RWF is an A Position. 

Personally I'd play Jese as an SS to make use of his Goal Poacher playstyle. Pros and cons to either wing, will be more of a goal threat on the left, more a creative threat on the right. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diodex said:

I have this young man Jese a LWF.png he 78 rated there, If I want to swap him to a RWF he drops to 74, how much do the 4 points affect his in-game performance? He's right-footed so my logic would say he could cross better from the right side of a pitch. 

Just one of the little details of PES I would like to learn about.

 

Always found him equally as effective at SS where his rating drops to 76 if i remember right. Doesn't look as good on paper, but i never noticed a decrease. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ClaretMatt said:

The overall change wouldn't affect his stats or how he handles since RWF is an A Position. 

Personally I'd play Jese as an SS to make use of his Goal Poacher playstyle. Pros and cons to either wing, will be more of a goal threat on the left, more a creative threat on the right. 

This basically :lol: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BirdPersonC137 said:

Just sometimes even when it looks an 'A' the stats will drop. For example if you play an RWF as an LWF even if it looks an 'A' in-game there is a significant drop. Never quite understood that I don't think the dominant leg affects the stats.

The overall stat is simply the game outputting a rating based on a select number of stats it believes is most important to play that position. A player like Sofiane Boufal is a LWF, but his ball control, passing etc is higher than his crossing ability, stamina etc so his rating actually goes up when played AMF. The stats themselves don’t change by moving the player around the pitch.

 

Would be Frillypink to know the maths behind it all though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

About PEN

Pro Evo Network is a community founded in 2004 to take the game of PES and combine it with a transfer market where you negotiate with other PES gamers to achieve the best team possible.

Support PEN

Help ensure PEN is around for the long haul and gain a few League Perks in the process, become a Pro Evo Network VIP.

VIP Signup
×