Goat261

Shooting/aiming?

Posted (edited)

How does aiming work on PES? I havent changed the way i shoot on any football game since the ps2 days lol.
Like for example Is the left stick pressure sensitive when aiming a shot, as it is with penalties and curving set pieces?

Is the aiming like the ps1/ps2 days where no matter the angle and direction youre facing, if you just shoot with no aiming, it would aim for the middle of the goal? So you always aim for the corners with up/down no matter the angle youre shooting at (this is how i still shoot). Or is it more like fifa (for those who have played fifa in last 10 years)

In the examples below how would you aim for the far corner? Do you just shoot with no left stick input due to the direction the play is facing, or do you do you hold the left stick down? (i dont expect these shots to go in, would be silly if they went in frequently, just wondering how you would aim when the player is facing the throw in line from those angles, rather than facing the goal)

Edited by Goat261

Just smash it

whats the matter u struggling hahaha 

The more extreme your aim the more chance it will miss the corners, I think power is just as important as stick direction to determining the direction of where the shot will go. I think 

7 minutes ago, wheresmark said:

The more extreme your aim the more chance it will miss the corners, I think power is just as important as stick direction to determining the direction of where the shot will go. I think 

Chip it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think there quite a few variables to be honest. 

You here people saying pull back on the stick, tap R2 or 1 once let go of shoot. 

Aiming near post coming in on angle goes in far top corner sometimes. 

I think you could do the exact same thing in same position and it would go wide when it went in before hand.... 

• Like 1

Just now, Buff05 said:

think you could do the exact same thing in same position and it would go wide when it went in before hand.... 

Exactly this, which is why I played manual for so long exclusively. 

With long range shots I've found most effective way is to not aim at all, especially with those ones that bounce out from corner kicks to the edge of the area 

14 minutes ago, Rdotman said:

Exactly this, which is why I played manual for so long exclusively. 

With long range shots I've found most effective way is to not aim at all, especially with those ones that bounce out from corner kicks to the edge of the area 

This was just a hit and hope really but I think the technique in the manual strike (see below) is helping me hit them cleanly. 

• Like 1

The shooting is really clicking for me atm, not sure if they’ve tweaked it. Generally I’m placing it low, hard & first time into the opposite corner, this can seem to override the great keepers on this game. Obviously the smash from an angle can still work but I just feel like the keepers love to pull off those fingertip saves for the cameras. 

Last variable has always been the direction of LS after hitting square , you can alter up until contact is made 

The only thing ive found applicable to not using the LS is heading 

• Like 1

It's Konami helping me out and the fear of facing Andre Onana Onana

Posted (edited)

I understand the variables etc,  its two questions about the basic aiming, not asking 'how to score'.
Does the pressure on the left stick have any impact on the shot at all? If you push the stick all the way down will it have more chance of going wide, where as if you just slightly push it down the player will aim the shot more centrally (easier to save)? Or does it it have no impact at all

and is the general aiming still the same as the ps2 days, as in just pressing square aims for the middle of the goal, up and down aims for the corners (doesnt mean the shot will be accurate). For example in the pic below, on the old ISS/PES the black trajectory is 'square with no aiming' (aims for the middle of the goal) the blue is holding up while shooting. Is that still the same in recent pes', or if you press square with no aiming does the player kick the ball in the direction hes facing, so you wouldnt have to hold up in this example, since the player is facing the far corner already.

218948865_pesshooting.thumb.jpg.97632a9c90224c8e337e7b3b653df920.jpg

Edited by Goat261
  • Like 1

Im going to have to try advanced or manual shooting as I simply cant hit a barn door at the moment.

last couple of league game was about 5 of 30 on target.. vast majority from inside the box, cutting in on to stronger foot & still pushing them wide. Very frustrating when it feels like everything the other person hits flies in or keeper needs to pull of a worldie :girlycry::girlycry:

17 hours ago, donkeyhugger said:

Im going to have to try advanced or manual shooting as I simply cant hit a barn door at the moment.

last couple of league game was about 5 of 30 on target.. vast majority from inside the box, cutting in on to stronger foot & still pushing them wide. Very frustrating when it feels like everything the other person hits flies in or keeper needs to pull of a worldie :girlycry::girlycry:

Manual shooting is the future. You pretty much aim exactly the same anyway as you shoot but have more chance of burying it when it's manual. 

36 minutes ago, tezombie said:

Agreed there, I am amazing at manual shooting

the slo mo makes that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaretChris said:

Manual shooting is the future. You pretty much aim exactly the same anyway as you shoot but have more chance of burying it when it's manual. 

It's not easy though. Trying to conjure up space and pick a spot is an art form. More you practice the more muscle memory kicks in. Problem I have is that you need to practice it and stay away from assisted shooting as it messes with you switching between the settings. 

Also find on PES 2018 that heading and volleys are incredibly hard to do. Players tend to control the ball because it is marginally behind then or not at the right pace. Scoring a cross and header on manual I find is also incredibly hard to do 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, zeemeister said:

It's not easy though. Trying to conjure up space and pick a spot is an art form. More you practice the more muscle memory kicks in. Problem I have is that you need to practice it and stay away from assisted shooting as it messes with you switching between the settings. 

Also find on PES 2018 that heading and volleys are incredibly hard to do. Players tend to control the ball because it is marginally behind then or not at the right pace. Scoring a cross and header on manual I find is also incredibly hard to do 

I agree, I have it on permanent so I don't get messed up lol. I very rarely cross so it isn't an issue and if I do I don't try to score directly from the cross.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, donkeyhugger said:

the slo mo makes that

Yeah I bet everyone was expecting a top bins shot 

5 hours ago, tezombie said:

Agreed there, I am amazing at manual shooting

:lolabove: