Thundershotsam

You know Pes is better than FIFA when..

You lose the game but still enjoyed it...When does that ever happen on FIFA..after a game of fifa even if you win you still usually wanna smash your TV haha.

After PES you might lose but it was most often a fun game that the opponent deserved to win and was still enjoyable to play in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You finally took the plunge and got 19?

23 minutes ago, Thundershotsam said:

Sure did but i felt this way for years anyway.

Can i join the league?

Stay active in the forum and play friendlies, and you have a good chance :)

You play both for more than 10 seconds.

• Awesome! 1

There's plenty of games you lose on PES where there's no way you deserved to; where the guy plays like a toddler mashing his face against the buttons but still profits from unbalanced game mechanics and assistance settings. 

The holier-than-thou attitude towards FIFA by PES fans is laughable because the online culture is pretty similar, and there are comparable faults with the gameplay. 

• Like 1

I have read a lot about FIFA and especially FUT there are many programming things involved which causes certain things to happen on the pitch and in matchmaking to make the user 1. addicted to the game and 2. Wanting to buy packs.

If you keep winning they will make you lose one way or the other sooner or later..Ive seen so many things that are unreal. Passes to right when i passed left then he counters and scores and my cursors wont change for example.  Or a 5'7ft tall CF with poor strength, heading and jump wins a header against Chellini and scores etc when there is no way it should happen. There players speed up and beat my faster players.

Not played enough PES to know if that happens but theres stuff going on behind scenes in FIFA which causes so much rage and is nothing to do with players skill ability.

This works both ways though and if you on a losing streak wont be long before you get out of it.

However, id rather the AI had no fake effect on game..

Still also in the gameplay as well so many weird things happen PES seems cleaner and plays better, FIFA can be so ping pong and fake football it makes you rage, at least in PES you can have an enjoyable game of football more often even if you do lose. Such as tonight I played as Beskitas and came up against Arsenal which was not so fair but still I held my own and only lost to some silly errors I made in defense, and even one shot hit the post and then the goalkeepers head and went in LOL but still I enjoyed the game

11 hours ago, Thundershotsam said:

I have read a lot about FIFA and especially FUT there are many programming things involved which causes certain things to happen on the pitch and in matchmaking to make the user 1. addicted to the game and 2. Wanting to buy packs.

If you keep winning they will make you lose one way or the other sooner or later..Ive seen so many things that are unreal. Passes to right when i passed left then he counters and scores and my cursors wont change for example.  Or a 5'7ft tall CF with poor strength, heading and jump wins a header against Chellini and scores etc when there is no way it should happen. There players speed up and beat my faster players.

In all these respects, it's a case of different brand, same product. 

Now, you can speculate on the causes of s**t on the pitch in both games. Personally, I think the claims about scripting are fraught with ambiguities, confusions, and fallacies. Go onto any (other) PES forum though – EvoWeb, Reddit – and you're treated as an idiot if you don't believe there's very direct scripting involved. 

As for the dirty tactics to get you to pay more, Konami are well on their way there. 

Regardless, it may well be true that FIFA is worse in all these respects. In which case, treat it as a difference of degree not kind. 

You do get *occasional* Frillypink games without bulls**t online. But to be more assured of that, you basically have to play in a league setup with an ethos like ours. 

• Like 1

I get your points but I also feel that overall PES just plays a Frillypinkr game and less exploitive spammy gameplay.  In general games can be more varied and realistic than FIFA which makes more enjoyable for me anyway. Seeing different kind of goals and animations and collisions, loose balls etc. its overall more fun than FIFA where the gameplay becomes very rigid and samey after a while. 

1 hour ago, Thundershotsam said:

I get your points but I also feel that overall PES just plays a Frillypinkr game and less exploitive spammy gameplay.  In general games can be more varied and realistic than FIFA which makes more enjoyable for me anyway. Seeing different kind of goals and animations and collisions, loose balls etc. its overall more fun than FIFA where the gameplay becomes very rigid and samey after a while. 

It's swings and roundabouts. In PES online, there's no midfield game. Nothing. (And against AI, it's still muted.) You get that on FIFA. Yeah, you get loose balls (this year, on PES), but you also get such terrible teammate AI that they'll run into you and take the ball off you, or it'll bounce off five players in quick succession like a Sunday league match. Online is full of spammy exploits: 

• Kick off goals (less effective this year but people still try them)
  • Foul spamming (refs are still s**t, can still get away with it)
  • Cross spamming (much more common this year than last, but not at 2017 levels)
  • PA2/3 pingpong, the whole way up the pitch (very common)
  • Sweaty formations (tightly bunched three CFs, e.g., which messes with oppo CB AI)
  • Press spamming (extremely effective online)
  • Pause flashing (spamming the pause button to annoy the opponent)

All these things are happening this year. And we're barely two weeks after release. 

Don't kid yourself that PES playing community is some haven of Frillypinkness post-FIFA. The game just plays a bit different, but online is still full of c'unts, and the offline experience is shoddy. Master League is even worse than the neglected FIFA Career Mode, and while Konami have fixed some defensive AI issues, they've added a litany of attacking AI problems this year. 

You're still playing the better game, and in the best place to play it. But PES is still ultimately a polished turd, and the online playing community is generally obnoxious. 

Interesting. Ive not played enough to notice these things but in terms of gameplay it seems that fifa game often seems automatic, robotic, whereas in pes though maybe a bit more Sunday league than la liga haha the ball does bounce about in some realistically random ways, the physics is more interesting.

I played a game today and went Real Madrid and he was Ajax.  He defended so well. I was plummeting him but couldnt get any clear chances. He had a couple counters but it was all me. I was limited to long shots and crosses and no success. the game ended 0-0. At the end of the game the stats where so in my favour 65% possesion etc, 4x more shots now when this happens in FIFA i usually rage. But not here in PES, im appreciating the fact he defended so well. I dont know why but thats how i feel and cant expain why. The game was so realsitic. You could tell i was better player or had better team and his job was to defend well and he did, so i congratulate him. I tried for subs and formation change but the ball never went out of play so couldnt do it after 75mins.

Whereas a similar game I managed the changes putting another player up top and going attacking and i managed a goal, so real life like. In fifa formations rarely make a difference.

Yeah it's also fact every goal feels like a accomplishment. Game plans are so in depth too. I remember e. Joying the lounge mode on fifa before they took it away... Now got that on Pes for local play when friends come over. Keeps track of scores etc

Team play is quite fun too. Hopefully fine tune that mode further as loved clubs on fifa

On 9/7/2018 at 8:26 PM, Thundershotsam said:

after a game of fifa even if you win you still usually wanna smash your TV haha  

On 9/9/2018 at 1:32 AM, Thundershotsam said:

Not played enough PES to know if that happens but theres stuff going on behind scenes in FIFA which causes so much rage 

FIFA can be so ping pong and fake football it makes you rage

On 9/9/2018 at 7:18 PM, Thundershotsam said:

when this happens in FIFA i usually rage. 

You sure it's FIFA that's the issue dude? :lol: 

• Haha 1