karlos-7-

am I missing a trick!! trapping the ball

im starting to get so frustrated with the amount of time it takes players to trap the ball and turn etc or pass. Am I missing something or should I be pressing something as im making so many errors which is costing me in games. 

Help me....

Slow passes

Dodgy touches

getting out strengthed by players all the time and in the air situations

Frustration is killing me please help!!!

17 minutes ago, karlos-7- said:

im starting to get so frustrated with the amount of time it takes players to trap the ball and turn etc or pass. Am I missing something or should I be pressing something as im making so many errors which is costing me in games. 

Help me....

Slow passes

Dodgy touches

getting out strengthed by players all the time and in the air situations

Frustration is killing me please help!!!

Nope, its the game this year dude.

It's the same offline... but it's bearable offline as that is when the game is at it's most responsive (no connection to factor in).

• Like 1

Good to see you back btw, dude :2up:

• Awesome! 1

Are you directing your first touch with the left stick?

It makes a big difference what direction you hold the left stick when you receive the ball.

I am only new to Pes but once I worked that out I found I had much more control than I previously thought and could put the ball away from defenders when receiving it.

You can take the first touch back into the direction the ball came from, or back behind you or whatever.

• Like 2

Press R2 as soon as you receive the ball. That will trap the ball into a close control.

23 minutes ago, SAMCRO925 said:

Press R2 as soon as you receive the ball. That will trap the ball into a close control.

I did not play 2018 too much but i used to use R2 frequently to trap the ball, in this version it kinda works different, needs practicing by the looks of it, if that works well for you.

• Like 1