Jump to content
Thundershotsam

heading should be improved?

Recommended Posts

Just saw sturridge goal and it reminded me of many my pes18 goals, a whipped cross and power header, sure scored too many but this year not even one. If last year there was a rate of 300% compared to real life for headed goals this year is more like 1% !!!!

 

You think they may patch this somehow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No its more realistic now tbh. Struggled at first scoring most games now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Improved another word for easier these days? :lol: 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should refrain from hitting it straight and put a slight bit of curl on it which gives your CF more chance of winning ball 

Refrain from doing the L1/R3 bollox to pick a man out 

Use the set piece menu from corners where applicable 

Use super cancel 

Another variant but more subtle is simply use R2 to position your player but the timing is critical 

Watch the transfer thread on here when window opens and see how many of the tossers on here still want to buy a target man like they did last season :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sami3lungs said:

You should refrain from hitting it straight and put a slight bit of curl on it which gives your CF more chance of winning ball 

Refrain from doing the L1/R3 bollox to pick a man out 

Use the set piece menu from corners where applicable 

Use super cancel 

Another variant but more subtle is simply use R2 to position your player but the timing is critical 

Watch the transfer thread on here when window opens and see how many of the tossers on here still want to buy a target man like they did last season :lol:

Devastating to lose Negredo him and similar will score plenty from crosses. Found especially if you look where player is prior to crossing u have more joy by timing it well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heading works perfectly when used at the right moment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inswinging crosses from the corner of the box seem really good this year. Heading in general is difficult - super cancel is important this year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jakey Fantastic said:

Is Improved another word for easier these days? :lol: 

 

Hahah so true! People say 'They need to improve xxxx because i used to be able to do xxxxx all the time but can hardly do it anymore!'

Maybe its you who need to improve? haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it was to easy in 18 then maybe now it is better youll score when you do it well with right players at right time not always.

 

THIS YEAR problem is FREE KICKS, i score like 90% of them as do my opponenets...to easy but i rather to easy than to hard, more fun and means you cant just foul around box all time. Its good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbf I thought headers were ok last year, on 17 they were far too easy, this year they're abit too difficult 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely from corners, i scored a few open play now but still in about 500+ corners since i bought the game and trying all kinds of things dont think ive scored one. Any tips?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heading depends on the cross and how the attacking player is positioned. You need to time them. Can't just loft a ball Into the box and score with a header Everytime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fowlersrs said:

They are fine on assisted. Try manual and it's ridiculous 

That's true. I've only connected with a few headers on manual corners. Seems there's a bug where they don't jump 8/10 times. Very annoying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2018 at 9:48 PM, FiftyShadesMCFC said:

Found especially if you look where player is prior to crossing u have more joy by timing it well

You mean you discovered that it's good to look to see where you want the ball before crossing?Solid advice there – which could only be a lesson to someone used to playing with homing missile settings! (Advice on how to cross by a PA2 guy..)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2018 at 9:33 PM, Sami3lungs said:

You should refrain from hitting it straight and put a slight bit of curl on it which gives your CF more chance of winning ball 

Refrain from doing the L1/R3 bollox to pick a man out 

Use the set piece menu from corners where applicable 

Use super cancel 

Another variant but more subtle is simply use R2 to position your player but the timing is critical 

Watch the transfer thread on here when window opens and see how many of the tossers on here still want to buy a target man like they did last season :lol:

Amen on the right stick bollocks on set pieces. See so much of that online. Hate it. I see it in the occasional PEN match as well (and usually call it out). 

I'm actually finding Super Cancel or R2 is throwing me off my game this year, when it comes to heading. Instead I'm finding using the left stick on its own more useful. Dunno why. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Janguv said:

That's true. I've only connected with a few headers on manual corners. Seems there's a bug where they don't jump 8/10 times. Very annoying. 

Yea it's practically a bug they haven't fixed for at least 2 years now. 

Really makes crossing, which on manual is harder already, almost completely pointless. Disregarding low crosses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Janguv said:

You mean you discovered that it's good to look to see where you want the ball before crossing?Solid advice there – which could only be a lesson to someone used to playing with homing missile settings! (Advice on how to cross by a PA2 guy..)

I play on manual too now lol but yeah more about timing does help alot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jookoi said:

Yea it's practically a bug they haven't fixed for at least 2 years now. 

Really makes crossing, which on manual is harder already, almost completely pointless. Disregarding low crosses. 

I'm also finding this, happens most the time with crosses and I'd say 50/50 on corners. Some times ul whip in a lovely corner and ur guy will be free in the box. No matter how hard u hit square the guy just watched it cruise over his head..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×