DJTruckstop76

Player height: The long and short of it.

Anyone else on PEN got any players who have had their player's height diddled by Konami? Clearly a massive thing for managers like me as size is important in certain positions and for certain tastes and in my case, someone who is looking to sell.

I give you CMF.png 75 S. AMRABAT

A measly 173 cm tall in-game whilst on https://www.transfermarkt.com/sofyan-amrabat/profil/spieler/287579 he's a mammoth 185 cm tall. A whopping 12 cm (4") difference!!  This means a lot when you are trying to market a physical CMF/DMF type player.

Has anyone else been done over height-wise by Konami and is this a more common affliction than currently realised? When do they get their fingers out to remedy the situation?

Honourable mentions go to Burnley's Chris wood who was shrunk by konami and also my pre-reset CB Amorabieta who was dribbly AMF sized :lol:

f**king sill wankers Konami.

Transfermarkt is often wrong too, which I assume is the reason why Tarkowski is 185cm in game when IRL he's 191cm.  Important difference for a CB.

It's also the reason why Gudmundsson (not in PEN) is taller on PES than Tarkowski.  Here's a pic of how ridiculous that is.  Gudmundsson is 1st on the left on the back row, Tarkowski third from the left.

38514028_213346639532982_673864412938895

44 minutes ago, ClaretMatt said:

Transfermarkt is often wrong too, which I assume is the reason why Tarkowski is 185cm in game when IRL he's 191cm.  Important difference for a CB.

It's also the reason why Gudmundsson (not in PEN) is taller on PES than Tarkowski.  Here's a pic of how ridiculous that is.  Gudmundsson is 1st on the left on the back row, Tarkowski third from the left.

38514028_213346639532982_673864412938895

I'd like to think that Konami wood* have a handle on how important basic player settings like height are (even weight) but alas, they continue to surprise, year in and year out.

3 minutes ago, DJTruckstop76 said:

I'd like to think that Konami wood* have a handle on how important basic player settings like height are (even weight) but alas, they continue to surprise, year in and year out.

Tbf to them Konami can't check or measure if every single player has the correct height, they get those info in batches from sources available to them, and if the source is wrong there's not much Konami can do

3 minutes ago, Kaupp said:

Tbf to them Konami can't check or measure if every single player has the correct height, they get those info in batches from sources available to them, and if the source is wrong there's not much Konami can do

Well it took them until 2019 to fix Europa league team Burnley's top scorer Chris Wood. I understand in some cases of course but how visible on a football level do you need to be?

IMO using just one 'reliable' source for anything is folly.

Let’s all walk round with a tape measure . I thought I’d heard all the moaning about the game I could of . Clearly not 

Just now, DJTruckstop76 said:

Well it took them until 2019 to fix Europa league team Burnley's top scorer Chris Wood. I understand in some cases of course but how visible on a football level do you need to be?

IMO using just one 'reliable' source for anything is folly.

Your last sentence is very true but let's be real, Wood or someone else having the wrong height is never an important issue from a business POV as it won't affect sales so they won't be bothered about double-checking the sources until someone in the development team realizes and fixes it, even EA with all their money and licenses and s**t had someone like Koulibaly's height wrong until this year

12 minutes ago, Kaupp said:

Your last sentence is very true but let's be real, Wood or someone else having the wrong height is never an important issue from a business POV as it won't affect sales so they won't be bothered about double-checking the sources until someone in the development team realizes and fixes it, even EA with all their money and licenses and s**t had someone like Koulibaly's height wrong until this year

Well they should employ one of us PEN managers because we are anal about s**t like that :lol:

7 minutes ago, DJTruckstop76 said:

Well they should employ one of us PEN managers because we are anal about s**t like that :lol:

Absolutely. 

And the thing is, nobody cares if it's an inch or something, but with Wood for example, it pretty much changed the whole player :D

2 minutes ago, Jookoi said:

Absolutely. 

And the thing is, nobody cares if it's an inch or something, but with Wood for example, it pretty much changed the whole player :D

The reason I play PES  is the player individuality/ID and obviously height and weight are a massive part of that. 

Shame on you Konami.

1 hour ago, BAZ said:

Let’s all walk round with a tape measure . I thought I’d heard all the moaning about the game I could of . Clearly not 

Would imagine your good lady filed the same complaint after her first night with your good self Barry 

You obviously get by on charisma ;)

Edited by Sami3lungs

I have DMF.png 72 PAULO ROBERTO who is 187cm in game but only 176cm irl. Him being falsely taller in game is actually a positive imo so I'm not complaining :D

I thought this was going to be about the effect of players height haha. Tall players do win more in the air but they seem to be a bit less responsive to turning.