speirsington

Deep defensive Line + Swarm the box

Just need a bit of a rant here 

Over the past month or so when playing quick match online (not played in the league for a few seaons now due to outside commitments) I've noticed a massive increase of folk using deep defensive+swarm the box.

I would say I win 60-70% of games when who ever I'm playing isn't using deep defensive+swarm. I never seem to find a way through the defence. I've tried several tactics. Tried possession (ending up with 65+% possession and 120+ passes - passing it around their box waiting for a defender to slip up), counter attack, a lot of pressure, exploiting wings, etc. I feel I've tried everything.

Any tips on breaking down DDL+Swarm?

It's annoying me more than the through ball spammers with the old madrid team....  which was easy to defend against

• Like 1

Interesting, must use this combo. :up:

I use Deep-Defensive Line to counteract the fact that I play the highest line possible when I have the ball.

I don't like Swarm the Box - it becomes a clusterf**k and often leads to getting Konami'd - when it works though, I can imagine the pair of tactics could be frustrating to play against.

What's your dribbling like, have you been able to use that to create space?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunzibad said:

I was thinking the same thing :rock:

1 hour ago, CMYKhazi said:

2 minutes ago, Sunzibad said:

I use Deep-Defensive Line to counteract the fact that I play the highest line possible when I have the ball.

I don't like Swarm the Box - it becomes a clusterf**k and often leads to getting Konami'd - when it works though, I can imagine the pair of tactics could be frustrating to play against.

I DFL for the same reason but have swarm the box as an option especially for formations with a more centre based attack. 

• Haha 1

How the f**k did that end up their. 

47 minutes ago, Sunzibad said:

I'm not the greatest at dribbling/skill moves but not necessarily the worst. 

Even tried high arc crosses into the box but obviously its easy for the keeper to come out and save.

I was just wondering if anyone had really came across it / how to play against it

Think this is one way to try fight the game game is attack Vs defence counter Vs counter gets kinda boring tbh 

Swarm the box leaves loads of space in in the wings, get to the by line and cut back central :drool: 

• Like 1

It's super annoying. I will just keep the ball and frustrate him with his own tactic. The answer should be to cross it in, but I dont like that at all. Backline dribble works as well

What I do is probably just push my wingers as wide as possible and basically just have enough patience to pass it around to entice the opposition to meet my winger out wide . 

Then this quite possible would leave a gap for one of your wingbacks to run behind - hopefully

What I do is probably just push my wingers as wide as possible and basically just have enough patience to pass it around to entice the opposition to meet my winger out wide . 

Then this quite possible would leave a gap for one of your wingbacks to run behind - hopefully

But yeah , quite frustrating when the opposition tries to play with that formation . Have you faced many who might do that?  I have faced one or two that do that - but since a lot of people have super teams around I dont think a lot of people would use that since they would want to exploit their offensive power?