nurologic

Tactics help

Having a strange time trying to figure out these tactics!

Now i have 2 main issues. The biggest is counter v possession. I like to pass and keep the ball but have found that if i select this option then my players just dont advance and in some case don't move. So i put it on counter as they actually move forward but its far too drastic then i have no players to defend as they all just bomb away! Then my defence always retreats to the edge of my box leaving HUGE amounts of space to run into.

Tried plenty of combos and pushed my defensive line up but it seems its either all the way up or edge of the box, no inbetween.

Somebody school me!

Getting the right balance is dark arts , thought i had recently but turns out i was wrong.

you can use an advanced instruction called defensive - it makes the selected player stay back ( can use this on 2 players) Might help a little

• Like 1

Yeah i have the same problem with Possession (i never play counter so cant comment on that) some games they move around for some man City style attacks, other games they offer no movement at all. Like im at the halfway line with my RB and instead of the RMF running down the line to create space, he just stands there as i dribble by him.
Advanced instructions may help but again thats something i dont use, so i have no idea which one may help you. Maybe the crossing one (i forget what its called) even if you dont cross, it should make your attackers run into the box. So in theory they should make forward runs

I usually activate forward runs with certain players by holding R2 when laying off a pass...Dont forget you can also manually make players run forward off the ball by holding LB and flicking the right stick towards the player to initiate his run...Thats something i never see people do but may be useful on this pes.

Edited by Goat261
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Goat261 said:

Yeah i have the same problem with Possession (i never play counter so cant comment on that) some games they move around for some man City style attacks, other games they offer no movement at all.

Find this aswell, and that switching from central to wide attack or vice versa opens up space and creates movement 

It all depends on how your opposition is set up defensively 

• Like 1

If u like to play possession style football.

Obviously have Possesion & short pass on in attacking instructions but also have the support range set about 6 bars. So they are spaced out but not too far away from each other.

Defensive instructions should probably be Frontline pressure & aggressive as u aim to win the ball back quickly and have the defensive line high at about 7 to help suffocate the opponents midfield.

The best solution to players no moving about as much is in the advanced instructions. Tiki taka & wing rotation are the best as the make the players move around looking for space and support players with runs in behind.

Give these a try and let me know how u get on.

Try counter tactic and tiki taka advanced tactic only used it a few times but seems to bring a bit more of a midfield to the game 

• Like 1