handicapped

How much more evidence do you need?

Account 1 is handicapped, forced to draw and lose vs noobs, forced to work hard to beat noobs 2-1 3-2 etc opponent win% displayed for each match

Account 1

G1 W 3-2 vs 45%

G2 D 1-1 vs 63%

G3 W 6-0 vs 55%

G4 L 1-2 vs 28%

G5 W 2-1 vs 50%

G6 D 2-2 vs 41%

G7 D 1-1 vs 44%

G8 D 3-3 vs 25%

G9 W 7-0 vs 33%

G10 W 3-2 vs 39%

G11 W 4-1 vs 55%

G12 W 2-0 vs 40%

G13 W 3-0 vs 43%

G14 W 3-2 vs 39%

G15 W 2-1 vs 36%

G16 W 2-1 vs 49%

G17 W 2-1 vs 45%

G18 L 1-2 vs 55%

G19 W 2-0 vs 33%

PRO-EVOLUTION-SOCCER-2019-20181106202747

vs 33% winrate opponent (nowhere near as bad as normal as I failed to overcome the handicap in the precious match)

()

Account 2 is not handicapped yet, allowed to beat noobs easily

Account 2

G1 W 2-0 vs 42%

G2 W 4-1 vs 34%

G3 W 6-0 vs 39%

G4 W 5-1 vs 51%

G5 W 5-0 vs 42%

G6 W 6-2 vs 42%

G7 W 6-1 vs 70%

G8 W 7-0 vs 43%

PRO-EVOLUTION-SOCCER-2019-20181106203115

VS 43% winrate opponent

Are u mentally handicapped??

image.gif.baac21a54bc8323b590c4c64ccbc1637.gif

Signs of handicapping now creeping in for Game 9 as expected, once it was overcome, the game then let me play freely.

6 hours ago, handicapped said:

opponent win% displayed for each match

You're gonna have to do better than that. Is this your only metric for expected toughness of a fixture? 

I could have a 70% winrate after 10 games against new players. Or – different problem – even if someone is generally very strong, the 30% of their losses is not only to be explained by facing better players: they can just be crap on the day, can be out-strategised, can just be unlucky. (All these things happen in real sports; it's not surprising if they transfer to computer sports, since mentality still plays a huge role.)

Meanwhile, aren't you being very selective with your evidence for your "non-handicapped" team? 

6 hours ago, handicapped said:

Account 2 is not handicapped yet, allowed to beat noobs easily

Account 2

G1 W 2-0 vs 42%

G2 W 4-1 vs 34%

G3 W 6-0 vs 39%

G4 W 5-1 vs 51%

G5 W 5-0 vs 42%

G6 W 6-2 vs 42%

G7 W 6-1 vs 70%

G8 W 7-0 vs 43%

What explains G7? Assuming you began at G0 with no games played, your acc2 has a 60% winrate. But won over a 70% winrate oppo by a 5-goal margin. What gives? Of course, I don't think that's crazy or anomalous, because I don't think winrate alone ought to count as a good metric of the toughness of a match. But you do. Likewise, what explains the difference between scorelines G1 and G8 (or G6)? G1 is against a slightly "worse" (again, by your metric) oppo but only loses by 2 goals instead of 7 (in G8). 

As it stands, the way you've presented your putative evidence is extremely selective. I'm not sure myself how I'd go about creating a better metric, but it would have to be a function of (at least): winrate (ranked higher given more games-played, until over a threshold), team strength rating (both teams), goals-scored & goals-conceded, etc. Then from the pool of matches assessed, I'd want to remove all games which involved problematic lag, and all games which involved known bugs which routinely occur leading to chances/goals (unless your hypothesis is that certain "bugs" are disguised mechanisms of scripting – which I think is absurd, so you'd have to argue for that too).

That would leave a fairly thinned out pool, but it would be better than not trying to find any control conditions, and it would give an improved toughness metric at least a chance of being a good predictor of result. You'd still have to contend with the fact that unique circumstances (bad mentality, bad luck, bad strategy for some games) can explain unexpected losses, since you can't control for those conditions or variables.  

Just now, Janguv said:

Assuming you began at G0 with no games played, your acc2 has a 60% winrate.

Tired. That's a mistake. Obv a 100% winrate. Still, doesn't explain the other disparities. E.g., why in G7 with a 30% better winrate you win by 5 goals and in G2 with a 66% better winrate you only win by 2.

Sounds like a right win at all cost gayer

I'd love the win rate of you handicapped team mine must be severely disabled 😅

image.png.0bc8a9e03978c77ce19a2faca81b55c7.png

2 hours ago, Rdotman said:

@handicapped you won't get better at the game if you keep on making new accounts to stomp noobs 

🦄 BUT THE WINNING FEELS JUST SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!

8 hours ago, Sami3lungs said:

I withdraw my question. 

have you ever thought your wins are also because theyre handicapped?

huh....

10 minutes ago, chuy said:

have you ever thought your wins are also because theyre handicapped?

huh....

Yes, every time ive sent apologies to the player who was given no chance in the game, thats the difference between me and a noob

14 hours ago, Janguv said:

Tired. That's a mistake. Obv a 100% winrate. Still, doesn't explain the other disparities. E.g., why in G7 with a 30% better winrate you win by 5 goals and in G2 with a 66% better winrate you only win by 2.

For me, winrate is the only metric that means anything, rating is skewed by 5iar multiplier, everyone is playing against the same handicapping system, how much you can overcome it is reflected in your win% long term, individual games dont really mean anything. I know its not perfect but its the best way I can judge players.

30-45% = noob, even top noobs are handed 30% wins by the game to keep them Frillypink and hooked and possible coin buyers.

45-60% = average

60-75% = above average

75%+ = top players

How can you explain me losing 2-1 to a player with a winrate in the 20%s given my consisten results? I can assure you for 100% certainty my team and plays was utterly handicapped, obviously you can only take my word for it.

Thats the thing with handicapping, if you show someone the video they will just think you played bad, because thats how it looks, only the player knows the difference in the game in respect to his input. I dont buy that we play good and bad from game to game, we all have spent thousands of hours over the years implementing our game in small finger movements, I think we all play to a certain level every time given a level of effort.

Mate, nobody gives a s**t. We're here to have fun.

5 minutes ago, ninjabean87 said:

Mate, nobody gives a s**t. We're here to have fun.

30% detected

So BS though. Im a decent player at pes but my % is way low but thats for many reasons. 50% of the time or more im not playing with full focus or effort Im just playing cause im bored, i do silly things and lose, other times i play when im drunk or its silly o'clock and I cant play so well. Sometimes im not even in the mood but just bored so play a few games. 

When you add all these in it makes horrible stats. Say I come in drunk and its 1am i wanna play some pes. I play for 2 hours or so, not unlikely at all. I play 7 games? I lose about 5 and get 1 draw and a win. thats 1-1-7.

Next day im realy motivated i put it on and first game of day not so warmed up i get close 2-1 defeat. 1-1-8. Now im mad and motivated i play at my best and so focused win 3 games in a row. 4-1-8. Now ive won those games and put much effort in im feeling bit lazy but i still want to play some pes. I end up playing 6 games with medium motivation and focus. I get a couple of wins, lose 2 and 2 draws. Thats 6-3-10.

So you can see my record is 

6-3-10.

BUT i only gave full effort for 4 games which would be 

3-0-1.

So all those games i played are not true reflection of my true skill.

So you could play me at 3am and im tired and perhaps even drunk. you beat me easy 4-0.

Next day you play me 7pm and im so up for pes and in mood to play and win 3-1.

Im not sure how people get 60-70%+ win ratios, they must play with full effort all the time! 

this game can make noobs think they are decent, ive been dominated for 9 minutes of game by absolute charity cases in myclub, they think they were unlucky to lose and are completely unaware how much the game was helping them, win% does not lie, a bad player isnt going to beat me on a level playing field no matter how drunk I am, its a matter of football iq

You only child pal ?

Would explain quite a bit

I remember old times in tetris when i lost waiting for the “bar” to make the lines, and it never came. :wall:

That's hilarious.

You think you only win because Konami allow you to?

I've never seen more delusions over a game in my life.

Watched 4 minutes of one of your evidence videos. You make stupid passes all the time - do you blame Konami for them?

Pro tip - stop expecting Konami to handicap you and you won't feel handicapped. You're biasing your own experiences because you've already made your mind up about what's happening.

8 minutes ago, Oldeuboi said:

That's hilarious.

You think you only win because Konami allow you to?

I've never seen more delusions over a game in my life.

Watched 4 minutes of one of your evidence videos. You make stupid passes all the time - do you blame Konami for them?

Pro tip - stop expecting Konami to handicap you and you won't feel handicapped. You're biasing your own experiences because you've already made your mind up about what's happening.

See "Thats the thing with handicapping, if you show someone the video they will just think you played bad, because thats how it looks"

Frillypink amateur psychology, its all in my mind, but im not buying it,dont give up the day job

18 minutes ago, handicapped said:

See "Thats the thing with handicapping, if you show someone the video they will just think you played bad, because thats how it looks"

Frillypink amateur psychology, its all in my mind, but im not buying it,dont give up the day job

Why can't everyone spot this stuff then?

If this apparently affects us all but none of us actually notice/care, surely it's not the big thing you make it out to be?

So yep, it's all in your mind.