Jump to content
Tazarr

Overalls ?

Recommended Posts

Anybody know how they are calculated ?

Seems crazy , especially for defenders.

Are there any hidden attributes ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i've looked into this before for pendb purposes

not gonna go too in-depth...but 1 important thing it to know that all attributes are used in the calculation

a CB with high swerve / FK will get a higher OVR than a CB with the same attributes but s**t swerve / FK

same as a CF with 60+ ball winning etc etc

 

the calculation is different per position though .... certain attributes do count heavier depending on that position (like att prowess for a CF/SS and def prowess for a CB/DMF)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dortaboy said:

i've looked into this before for pendb purposes

not gonna go too in-depth...but 1 important thing it to know that all attributes are used in the calculation

a CB with high swerve / FK will get a higher OVR than a CB with the same attributes but s**t swerve / FK

same as a CF with 60+ ball winning etc etc

 

the calculation is different per position though .... certain attributes do count heavier depending on that position (like att prowess for a CF/SS and def prowess for a CB/DMF)

That makes sense , so those prick defenders who think they are freekick masters have a false overall 😠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah its weird. The default position is weird.

Pavon was a 79 RWF (Default) but a 76 LWF (A-Position)

If you go into edit-mode and make his default LWF without touching his stats, he's a 79 LWF too.

Never understood it, which makes me wonder if the overall is just a number or if it has more of an effect than just a suitability rating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tazarr said:

 

Are there any hidden attributes ?

You're talking my language now :drool:  

 

There used to be responsiveness stat that was key in all PES's up unto PES 15 I think. Chicarito had high 90's and was always the fastest to react to loose balls. I think this stat must have stayed in the game even though it's not displayed, as some players are clearly more responsive than others. Maybe it's now combined in Ball control/attack or defence prowess. Or possibly hidden?

 

Height and weight make huge differences to how players are aswell, don't think it effects overall though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, wheresmark said:

You're talking my language now :drool:  

 

There used to be responsiveness stat that was key in all PES's up unto PES 15 I think. Chicarito had high 90's and was always the fastest to react to loose balls. I think this stat must have stayed in the game even though it's not displayed, as some players are clearly more responsive than others. Maybe it's now combined in Ball control/attack or defence prowess. Or possibly hidden?

 

Height and weight make huge differences to how players are aswell, don't think it effects overall though? 

Ovrs don't matter much imo too

 

It's a balance of stats tied back to the players physique and then the additional cards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, zeemeister said:

 

Ovrs don't matter much imo too

 

It's a balance of stats tied back to the players physique and then the additional cards. 

Yeah, individual stats have always been the most important. Overalls are a quick/lazy way to gauge a rough estimation of a players ability. Obviously the higher the number the more likely they are to have better individual stats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, wheresmark said:

You're talking my language now :drool:  

 

There used to be responsiveness stat that was key in all PES's up unto PES 15 I think. Chicarito had high 90's and was always the fastest to react to loose balls. I think this stat must have stayed in the game even though it's not displayed, as some players are clearly more responsive than others. Maybe it's now combined in Ball control/attack or defence prowess. Or possibly hidden?

 

Height and weight make huge differences to how players are aswell, don't think it effects overall though? 

Definately something more than the eye can see to responsiveness , think there is something for agression as well as some players fight a lot harder when they have the ball even with low physical contact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tazarr said:

Definately something more than the eye can see to responsiveness , think there is something for agression as well as some players fight a lot harder when they have the ball even with low physical contact.

Yeah, aggression used to be in the game aswell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wheresmark said:

Yeah, aggression used to be in the game aswell. 

Didn't there used to be a tenacity stat? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting thread. 

For example: DMF.png 74 WILLIAN ARAO

Was gutted when he dropped to a 74 OVR yet his individual stats combined with the DMF position plus height & weight ensured that he was pretty formidable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gregmeister said:

Didn't there used to be a tenacity stat? 🤔

Yeah there did, think it took over aggression or vice versa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wheresmark said:

Yeah there did, think it took over aggression or vice versa

Think it was in the game around Pes 2011 so aggression came after

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gregmeister said:

Think it was in the game around Pes 2011 so aggression came after

 

Same as sprint speed :drool: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wheresmark said:

Same as sprint speed :drool: 

And there's was separate kicking power for shooting and passing wasn't there? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, Gregmeister said:

And there's was separate kicking power for shooting and passing wasn't there? 

Yeah 

4 minutes ago, Tazarr said:

Short pass speed :drool:

Short pass accuracy 

Short pass speed

Long pass accuracy 

Long pass speed?

 

I think was those. Dunno why they made less variables

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wheresmark said:

 

Yeah 

Short pass accuracy 

Short pass speed

Long pass accuracy 

Long pass speed?

 

I think was those. Dunno why they made less variables

Makes sense for kicking power to have 1 stat 

If a player can hit a shot at a certain speed surely he can hit a pass the same 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gregmeister said:

Makes sense for kicking power to have 1 stat 

If a player can hit a shot at a certain speed surely he can hit a pass the same 

Yeah true that I suppose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a stat called technique aswell :drool:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

633f35b85b81efa6e5e65bbe5d8cd3c8.png

 

recoba.jpg

Edited by Big Boss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Big Boss said:

633f35b85b81efa6e5e65bbe5d8cd3c8.png

 

recoba.jpg

What a legend Recoba was 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Gregmeister said:

Didn't there used to be a tenacity stat? 🤔

Wasn't Tenacity something to do with how much low Stamina effected a player. Or did I make that up?

Think they just melded stats together as time's gone by. Kicking Power absorbing the Pass Speed stats, Attacking/Defensive Prowess absorbing Response etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ClaretMatt said:

Wasn't Tenacity something to do with how much low Stamina effected a player. Or did I make that up?

Think they just melded stats together as time's gone by. Kicking Power absorbing the Pass Speed stats, Attacking/Defensive Prowess absorbing Response etc.

You could be right with that pal 

Doesn't the fighting spirit card help stamina now ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gregmeister said:

You could be right with that pal 

Doesn't the fighting spirit card help stamina now ?

That's one school of thought on it (the one I subscribe to), they're not always the clearest with the descriptions though. 

Would make sense that some stats were absorbed into/replaced with cards and playstyles too.

Edited by ClaretMatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...