Franchise: Cardifg

Player Info

• Scorers: E. SALA x2
  • Assists: LLORENTE, D. DRINKWATER
  • Clean Sheet
  • MoTM (if applicable): E. SALA

==========

Match Report

The scoreline flatters the homeside who were never really in the game. If the home manager was to make excuses (and he frequently does) the unavailablity both of Calvert-Lewin and Podence left his side without any mobility upfront and the Cardiff defence comfortably dealt with them up until the final minutes of the game.

Cardiff took the lead in the first half through SALA who collected a LLORENTE knockdown inside of the area before powefully converting past the helpless MAIGNAN.

The second came in the second half, some Frillypink passing play ended with DRINKWATER having the time and space to pick out the run of SALA who again cannoned a shot past MAIGNAN into the bottom corner.

The homeside got a consolation they by no means deserved when debutant MCNEIL, off the bench, exchanged passes with MASINA and hit an early cross into the box. Confusion reigned in the Cardiff defence as DIEGO LOPEZ and BAMBA both went for the ball. BAMBA got there first and headed the ball which DIEGO LOPEZ did well to get a hand to to prevent the own goal but it fell kindly to VOKES who was able to stroke the ball into the empty net from 15 yards.

Well played @Bluebird

Good luck on the promotion push.

• Like 1

Stats agreed. 

Good game mate, Llorente did well on his debut and did well along side Sala which I was happy with. You’re being too harsh on yourself as well, I had to defend well to keep you out and got lucky on a few occasions. I thought Lopez was going to get a clean sheet on his debut but somehow Bamba who is normally great managed to f**k it up :crazy: :lol: 

Well played and good luck with the rest of your season :) 

Result & Stats Added :pen: 

Sign in to follow this