pranabrb

A concept "Top Menu" layout. I so wish Konami take aesthetics seriously. It's the least complex thing to do, but the biggest marketing factor.

The menu of every screen of the game look really outdated and dull. Something which is overlooked by Konami.

Even websites of teenagers these days look more attractive . I believe just giving PES 2020 menus a graphical overhaul and better choice of colors would go a long way in making a good first impression.

• Like 2

Ha ha! Sorry, that's worse.

• Haha 4

Phew that looks... different 

They could do so many things but oh konami 

• Haha 1

I think the UI could be a little more refined, but not much.

EA has always had Frillypink shiny menus, but they're laggy and unresponsive. I prefer simple and responsive.

• Like 1

Loved the Menu's when i returned to PES last version. More for the retro feel. 50/50 now on that front. On the one hand, there's a fair play to sticking to your identity feel to it, on the other, is it actually intentional or just laziness? I fear it's the latter. 

Bring back Sick/Sad/Happy faces for Form & all will be forgiven :rock: 

• Awesome! 2

1 minute ago, Jakey Fantastic said:

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jakey Fantastic said:

Loved the Menu's when i returned to PES last version. More for the retro feel. 50/50 now on that front. On the one hand, there's a fair play to sticking to your identity feel to it, on the other, is it actually intentional or just laziness? I fear it's the latter. 

And the coin toss before the game :drool: 

• Awesome! 1

2 hours ago, Bluebird said:

and individually selectable shirts, shorts and socks!

• Like 2

There's bigger things to worry about than f**king menus. Things like keeping the SPFL licensed in the game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jakey Fantastic said:

Hahahha thise were the days, remember them well from when I hammered ISS 98 on a demo disc :rock: my first Konami Football experience 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluebird said:

And choosing which way to shoot!

• Awesome! 1

If they allow customising of the top menu like before, I always had ML there... now all the s**t on that first page is online s**t only.

4 hours ago, Govie said:

There's bigger things to worry about than f**king menus. Things like keeping the SPFL licensed in the game. 

Shouldn't be too hard, costs them about £9.50 for the year to keep it like licensed

I really dont care about the design, but I wish the menus was a bit faster.

And a READ ALL button on the online messages...

• Like 2

I can totally understand the points raised above.

For a person who has been playing PES for ages,  I think the menu theme doesn't even matter.

But , In terms of Speed and efficiency of navigation, I believe FIFA has it quite sorted.   I can start fifa, go to FUT, check my cards or Objectives, quick look at my squas, and be done in 5 mins.

But, everyday , I start PES, and just have to do that mandatory login to MyClub (Even though I dont play it at all, but need those rewards :P) , I collect the rewards, dive into Squad management, just check the team, and by the time I return back to the Top Menu, 20 mins are wasted ! (In this much time, in FIFA FUT , one Division Rivals online match can be completed !)

Now, regarding the Theme/Look of the Menus, its the "First impression" factor that matters.  Guys like me, Who have known PES since WE2007 (But not played every single edition of it), know , that we can just overlook the dull and old theme, and just start a Match , and see what the game is all about. 

Sadly, for someone new to PES ,coming from the dark side (There will be a lot of them in this time of the year ) , they hear good things about PES, and they decide to give it a try.  But that's where the Theme might let them down.  These guys who are used to Seeing a dynamic theme featuring Neymar, Alex Morgan,Ronaldo,etc. on a very cheerful White background (With Blue font color)  , will find this theme really dull. Even the simplest of screens, like the Strip selection page, its so much more good on the Eyes on the dark side.

And yes, we all demand better Gameplay, and holding on to licences. But that is the tougher part of the Job that Konami have to sort out, and they better do that. 

But the packaging, publicity and visual element is pretty badly neglected IMO.

I think you're wrong that UI is most important marketing factor. Two things are more important: licences and UX.

Licences, we all know the deal. 

UX = user experience, over and above (and probably including) the graphical interface. Examples...

The menu logic: not having to navigate through four or five different screens just to set up an online friendly.

Menu consistency: having the same inputs roughly correspond to the same command, instead of changing (like having Triangle show player info in one screen, but Square do the job in the next).

Info streamlining: After a game won in myClub, users will be notified what they've won and what they've lost (contracts, GP, scouts, manager contract, bonus items); currently it's a separate screen for every separate kind of item.

Interacting with info: That same screen needs to be just one, showing a simple breakdown, and buttons to do certain things: Triangle, renew all player contracts with GP, Square with coins, Circle, new screen to renew individually with different methods, X, use scout to search for player... etc etc. You get the point.. doesn't have to be these exact commands, but along those lines. 

You may have meant all that by UI. But yeah, that's badly needed in PES. I've introduced the game to a few new people recently and they're each of them totally floored by how weird, inconsistent, and backwards the game is to navigate. 

On 1/14/2019 at 8:45 PM, POPEMON said:

and individually selectable shirts, shorts and socks!

Can still do this in edit mode mate - unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean

On 1/14/2019 at 5:08 PM, pranabrb said:

The menu of every screen of the game look really outdated and dull. Something which is overlooked by Konami.

Even websites of teenagers these days look more attractive . I believe just giving PES 2020 menus a graphical overhaul and better choice of colors would go a long way in making a good first impression.

This looks like some kiddy myspace horror show. Not feeling it myself.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, wheresmark said:

Can still do this in edit mode mate - unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean

This looks like some kiddy myspace horror show. Not feeling it myself.

Haha. This one is bad for sure .But there can be so many more better and 'brighter'' looking designs which would look so much better than the current theme. 

The FIFA 19 menu should be the benchmark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pranabrb said:

Haha. This one is bad for sure .But there can be so many more better and 'brighter'' looking designs which would look so much better than the current theme. 

The FIFA 19 menu should be the benchmark.

Yeah FIFA’s menus and the general presentation of the whole game is light years ahead of Konami, if PES nailed that and the licenses then I think a large portion of the FIFA crowd would migrate across. 

I don’t see Konami putting the money in for either unfortunately 

• Like 1