Franchise: Shakhtar

Player Info

• Scorers: Benezet 3, El-Nesyri 53, Poulsen 85
  • Assists: El-Nesyri, Poulsen, Husbauer
  • Clean Sheet
  • MoTM (if applicable)

==========

Match Report

Aberdeen won a thriller here after a flurry of goals in the second half. Benezet put Shakhtar ahead in the third minute for the second game in a row but a deflected Graeme Shinnie strike made it level at the break. El-Nesyri fired the visitors ahead after a Poulsen through ball. Another deflected strike got Aberdeen level through Kenedy and then Mackay-Steven headed in from a Ward cross. Poulsen equalised with a lovely finish after 85 minutes, but Aberdeen went ahead through Stevie May who pounced after some pinball in the box. McGinn made the game safe in injury time when he dribbled through and chipped the ball over the advancing keeper. 

Unlucky mate, I had all the luck to get my first win under my belt. Really enjoyable games that could've ended up as any score really. All the best for the rest of the season. 

Any other night if I had 4 deflected goals scored against me, I’d have chucked the pad out the window and not played this game again. Another enjoyable game. When I went 3-2 up and my players couldn’t get the ball from Kennedy right after I scored I knew what was coming, and yeah, an equaliser. Then another deflected goal.....urgh. But like I said, if anything the chat was great so I’ve no complaints. 

Overhauling your squad mid-season probably not the smartest thing some might say, but I’m not too bothered. 

Great talking to you mate and good luck in your other fixtures.   

Result & Stats Added :pen: