Tazarr

1 lump or 2 , maybe even 3 ?

Talking Strikers / Forwards here.

Just looking for some opinions / discussion / Ideas regarding forward lines.

Currently been playing 451 with wide mids - its very Frillypink for Game control but relies on a physical CF

Cant seem to get 2 strikers to work together as I like one to make central runs.

Had some Joy previously with 3 but struggled defensively.

Some many options , looking for some inspiration to create a Frillypink formation that can actually score goals.

I like the 4321 with two narrow AMFs and a CF. Works a dream with Auba as the CF and Mbappe-Messi just behind as AMFs.

Gives you a lot of control but just need to be wary as your full backs can become isolated with the CMFs sometimes tucking in. Going to test it with Afobe/Hernandez/Windass at some point. 

Always used to go for the same old pacy streaks of p**s that most people love upfront but wanted to make a change so signed a bunch of lumps for my frontline.

I do prefer to have 2 strikers as I've found having only 1 really limited to the kind of chances I could create, almost always ended up going out wide and crossing since the lone striker was always outnumbered and more easily marked out of the game if playing through the middle.  This is especially true if the striker isn't the most mobile or skillful.

At the moment I'm playing a front 3 of 2 CFs and 1 SS but this really leaves me quite light in midfield and won't be for everyone.  If you want to have 2 strikers that make central runs but also keep using wingers then I'd suggest maybe using 1 CF and 1 SS, something like this?

w00000009Ws0004Be0004GA0001zi0001m7w0015

I'd recommend a Target Man for the CF to hold up the ball and drop deep.  Goal Poacher for the SS to make the runs, centrally, beyond the CF.

It's something I've been toying with but I can't bring myself to drop Barnes.

Edited by ClaretMatt

5 hours ago, Rickyt said:

I like the 4321 with two narrow AMFs and a CF. Works a dream with Auba as the CF and Mbappe-Messi just behind as AMFs.

Gives you a lot of control but just need to be wary as your full backs can become isolated with the CMFs sometimes tucking in. Going to test it with Afobe/Hernandez/Windass at some point. 

What an idiot . Auba, Messi and mbappe. Of coarse it f**king works a treat with them lol

12 hours ago, BAZ said:

What an idiot . Auba, Messi and mbappe. Of coarse it f**king works a treat with them lol

I meant the whole possession aspect of it. Of course having arguably the best 3 players this year on Pes helps :lol:

Currently playing a 5-3-2 formation with a relatively nimble CF & SS up front. Neither are that great in the air so doesn't lend itself to crosses, they're canny at making central runs though, more so on the break. 

Always struggled with a big man up top as i like to try and pick holes in the oppositions defence and they just stall that style :g:

So after a lot of fking about ended up at this

O1RM0pHG9Ws5eY4Be3KFQGA3a3Fzi0KqRC6gNOaQ

Feels good in offence and with the 3 CMFs they seem to get back enough to help the backline - which I was worried about with no DMF

Doucoure Excels in this one and Jony is a real threat from LB.

Just needing that high , high quality talisman / goal scorer now.

Worth a try this one , lots of off the ball movement - can attack quick or slow with it.

6 hours ago, Tazarr said:

So after a lot of fking about ended up at this

O1RM0pHG9Ws5eY4Be3KFQGA3a3Fzi0KqRC6gNOaQ

Feels good in offence and with the 3 CMFs they seem to get back enough to help the backline - which I was worried about with no DMF

Doucoure Excels in this one and Jony is a real threat from LB.

Just needing that high , high quality talisman / goal scorer now.

Worth a try this one , lots of off the ball movement - can attack quick or slow with it.

I have tried the same midfield setup with wingers and a CF instead of 3 SSs, couldn't really get it to work, what kind of defensive/offensive settings are you using? Tempted to give this another try 

8 hours ago, Kaupp said:

I have tried the same midfield setup with wingers and a CF instead of 3 SSs, couldn't really get it to work, what kind of defensive/offensive settings are you using? Tempted to give this another try 

Possesion Game / Short Pass

Pass support 5

Maintain formation

Frontline pressure / Conservative

Defensive line 6

Compactness 6

21 minutes ago, Tazarr said:

Possesion Game / Short Pass

Pass support 5

Maintain formation

Frontline pressure / Conservative

Defensive line 6