Sign in to follow this  
Macadonna

This aged well 😂

Obviously originally without the red crosses! Would be interesting to see how many of those working for those firms voted to lose their jobs because of drivel from the leave campaign like this. 

Yes, I am potentially opening Pandora’s box 😳

CBDC52A4-BD5D-4079-AD53-5FA435F0224E.jpeg

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Macadonna said:

Obviously originally without the red crosses! Would be interesting to see how many of those working for those firms voted to lose their jobs because of drivel from the leave campaign like this. 

Yes, I am potentially opening Pandora’s box 😳

CBDC52A4-BD5D-4079-AD53-5FA435F0224E.jpeg

Its ok, I've heard of loads of people that can't wait to invest in the UK and replace those jobs lost. Honestly.

• Haha 2

It's okay, thousands going hand to mouth - at least them bloody foreigners are out! :checkit:

:shootme:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sunzibad said:

It's okay, thousands going hand to mouth - at least them bloody foreigners are out! :checkit:

:shootme:

And the passports are back to being blue :rock: :shootme:  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

And the passports are back to being blue :rock: :shootme:  

You and your fellow Cardiff fans inspired that change :nono1:

27 minutes ago, DavoteK said:

You and your fellow Cardiff fans inspired that change :nono1:

Blue > Red 

• Like 2

Just now, DavoteK said:

Thread is too quiet for my liking.

🎺

@rambovanhardnut @Hammergc @SouthernSofty 

Better summon Rambo's White Knight as well;

@RiQ1987

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, DavoteK said:

Better summon Rambo's White Knight as well;

@RiQ1987

Im all for taking on war, political and economical refugees, but you are dropping in line sir.

Worrying thing is that these are very well paying jobs, be it the semi skilled production workers, to the engineers to quality control. 

Where do these people go now? The latter two have skills & quals behind them, where as the majority of the workforce, the production workers, options become limited.

The only company employing the same kinds of numbers of people as these types of factories are Amazon fulfilment centres. But the pay is way lower than manufacturing (among other detrimental factors in comparison). So while employment figures may be offset, the amount earned is going to be way less. 

20 minutes ago, DavoteK said:

Worrying thing is that these are very well paying jobs, be it the semi skilled production workers, to the engineers to quality control. 

Where do these people go now? The latter two have skills & quals behind them, where as the majority of the workforce, the production workers, options become limited.

The only company employing the same kinds of numbers of people as these types of factories are Amazon fulfilment centres. But the pay is way lower than manufacturing (among other detrimental factors in comparison). So while employment figures may be offset, the amount earned is going to be way less. 

They'll go 'work' for amazon or a big processing centre somewhere on a 8 hour contract.  

The figures show employment, the hours show poverty. 

In the interest of balance, Honda have stated the decision is nothing to do with Brexit.

Ofcourse if you're pro-EU this is just a meaningless platitude, if you're pro-Brexit it's the God's honest truth.

Therein lies the bollocks of this issue.  Regardless of what's said or the facts of any matter it's all about the echo chamber.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ClaretMatt said:

In the interest of balance, Honda have stated the decision is nothing to do with Brexit.

Ofcourse if you're pro-EU this is just a meaningless platitude, if you're pro-Brexit it's the God's honest truth.

Therein lies the bollocks of this issue.  Regardless of what's said or the facts of any matter it's all about the echo chamber.

But they weren't going anywhere. Leave.eu said so :cry: 

is being in europe  a prerequisite for low unemployment lads? i only ask because  i have some statistics that suggest otherwise.....

https://www.statista.com/statistics/268830/unemployment-rate-in-eu-countries/

Just now, rambovanhardnut said:

is being in europe  a prerequisite for low unemployment lads? i only ask because  i have some statistics that suggest otherwise.....

https://www.statista.com/statistics/268830/unemployment-rate-in-eu-countries/

Grade A deflection in the absence of anything resembling a point right here 👆

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DavoteK said:

But they weren't going anywhere. Leave.eu said so :cry: 

For the record I'm not pro-Brexit.

But I do think laying the blame of everything negative that happens at the doors of Brexit is a cop out, the get of jail free card for anyone involved in politics/industry that is involved in the opposition.  They don't have to counter policy, just blame Brexit and score the cheap points from the echo chamber.  It's boring, lazy and will make them near equally complicit in the downfall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DavoteK said:

Be working as cleaners in the NHS with the 350m a week we now have....

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Macadonna said:

Grade A deflection in the absence of anything resembling a point right here 👆

how can i make a point clearer than this.

you are saying "if we leave the EU we will lose all our jobs"

i am saying "do you mean like EU countries france, greece, spain and italy?"

how much clearer would you like me to say it? will i draw you a picture?

• Haha 1

Just now, rambovanhardnut said:

how can i make a point clearer than this.

you are saying "if we leave the EU we will lose all our jobs"

i am saying "do you mean like EU countries france, greece, spain and italy?"

how much clearer would you like me to say it? will i draw you a picture?

Well words aren’t working for you so it might be best? Got any crayons? 

We are saying we ARE losing jobs because of coming out of the EU. It’s pretty undeniable but you are saying ‘but countries in the EU don’t have jobs as well’ so it doesn’t matter. It may have worked in theory back for the leave campaign but now it’s actually happening.

I might as well respond with ‘well look at the EU vs Africa employment rates’ as it will be equally as irrelevant to the point being made. 

3 minutes ago, ClaretMatt said:

For the record I'm not pro-Brexit.

But I do think laying the blame of everything negative that happens at the doors of Brexit is a cop out, the get of jail free card for anyone involved in politics/industry that is involved in the opposition.  They don't have to counter policy, just blame Brexit and score the cheap points from the echo chamber.  It's boring, lazy and will make them near equally complicit in the downfall.

But since the majority of these things are happening in line with Brexit discussions ie. when something is decided then theres an immediate reaction - what else could it be?
There are some things like the financial markets which literally can be tracked alongside.

Its more likely a business making a decision about Brexit but publically saying its not, that the other way around

Just now, Macadonna said:

Well words aren’t working for you so it might be best? Got any crayons? 

We are saying we ARE losing jobs because of coming out of the EU. It’s pretty undeniable but you are saying ‘but countries in the EU don’t have jobs as well’ so it doesn’t matter. It may have worked in theory back for the leave campaign but now it’s actually happening.

I might as well respond with ‘well look at the EU vs Africa employment rates’ as it will be equally as irrelevant to the point being made. 

Those countries are gaining jobs from us at a rate of knots. Banking is basically leaving London right now to go to Paris and Frankfurt