Me & the better half have always done Self Catering or All inclusive package Holidays. Fancying something a bit more private this year and going down the holiday home/villa route. Early days but we're thinking either the South of France, Italy or Spain. Potentially in June or more realistically, September. 

For anyone that's done or does this, any tips or advice on which sites are best to use, places to go? Looking more along the lines of something off the beaten track as opposed to your major tourist destinations.

Pool, BBQ & a local bar will suffice :w:

17 minutes ago, Jakey Fantastic said:

Me & the better half have always done Self Catering or All inclusive package Holidays. Fancying something a bit more private this year and going down the holiday home/villa route. Early days but we're thinking either the South of France, Italy or Spain. Potentially in June or more realistically, September. 

For anyone that's done or does this, any tips or advice on which sites are best to use, places to go? Looking more along the lines of something off the beaten track as opposed to your major tourist destinations.

Airbnb all the way mate. More hosts will help you out when v you arrive with lingo about local area. Read their reviews and look on map to see how close it is to city and transport links. 

• Like 1

I've been looking at this site as planning a trip with missus in August myself to Norway. Bit pricey but the itinaries are naughty. 

Secret Escapes - these are hotels and chalets though but have a browse. No harm to find a decent deal. 

Otherwise Airbnb is awesome. State of some of the homes on there mate 

• Thanks 1

Only used for City breaks and my honeymoon to America but Airbnb is top drawer if you do your homework 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mowgles said:

Airbnb all the way mate. More hosts will help you out when v you arrive with lingo about local area. Read their reviews and look on map to see how close it is to city and transport links. 

1 minute ago, Bridgey said:

Only used for City breaks and my honeymoon to America but Airbnb is top drawer if you do your homework 

Yeah, we used Airbnb for a couple of nights in Denmark last year. Really good service. Always had it in my head as more of a city break kind of thing, but no reason why it would be restricted to that aye. 

Cheers boys! 

Airbnb very good - loads of people out here in Rhodes hire places out with it and all seems good to be honest mate!

Come out here and I'll share a beer with you!

• Awesome! 1

Just now, Leonidas 540bc said:

Airbnb very good - loads of people out here in Rhodes hire places out with it and all seems good to be honest mate!

Come out here and I'll share a beer with you!

I’ll bring my pad! :rock: 

Haha, cheers dude. 

36 minutes ago, Mowgles said:

I've been looking at this site as planning a trip with missus in August myself to Norway. Bit pricey but the itinaries are naughty. 

Secret Escapes - these are hotels and chalets though but have a browse. No harm to find a decent deal. 

Otherwise Airbnb is awesome. State of some of the homes on there mate 

f**king Norway, you scared to Come here bitch?? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jookoi said:

f**king Norway, you scared to Come here bitch?? 

Sell it to me. 

26 minutes ago, Mowgles said:

Sell it to me. 

We have trees and water and s**t:lol:

And 40% lower prices haha

• Like 1
  • Awesome! 1

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/ used a couple of time

villaplus is good as well but a wee bit overpriced 

• Thanks 1

We used Airbnb for a month in Algarve. Was awesome. 2 bed villa on a complex with pool & outdoor bbq

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jakey Fantastic said:

Butlins with me and the family. Grumbo coming down to meet us as well. 

Privacy? What the f**k is that?

• Awesome! 2

Good lad is grumbo..

Take him a norwich shirt :lol:

Mot

CHEERS 

19 hours ago, Jakey Fantastic said:

The wife has been doing this s**t for 20 years so should know a few things. :lol:

let me know your budget and preferred dates and she can get on the case and sort of out.*

as long as you buy Charlie Austin for 45 :drool:

• Haha 4