Franchise: AC Milan

Player Info

• Scorers: -
  • Assists: -
  • Clean Sheet: -
  • MoTM (if applicable): -

==========

Match Report

Monday night football , straight from Estádio D. Afonso Henriques.

Vitoria Guimaraes played host to the mighty AC Milan. The home team have had a rocky start to the season, but the players had a lot to prove to their faithful supporters.

It was a very tight contest , featuring some amazing tackling , especially in midfield , and some brilliant defensive discipline , along with decent goal keeping .The attackers though let their managers down for both the sides .

In the early nervy part of the fixture, it was a moment of quality, a peach of a  delivery from Vitoria left back, Niklas Hult, which was served on a plate for Big man, Islam Slimani, who actually didn't connect that well with it, yet the ball creeped in crawling past the outstretched arms of the keeper .

Since the goal, it was the away manager @spragga who decided to take complete control of the game , and his players really did that. 

@pranabrb had no option, but to sit on the counter and hope that the attacking foursome of Slimani, Januzaj, Verbic and Joao Pedro showed their efficiency. Not to be. As the link man, Pedro was completely marked out of the game brilliantly by Milan.

A bucket load of crosses from the away team cried for a decent header to finish them up, which just never came , leaving Spragga just fuming on the sidelines.

And a final tactical change by Pranab, replacing Pedro with young forward Ben Brereton, almost ended up killing the game for the home team . There were two chances in quick succession which were somehow kept away by the visitors.

A tight and tense affair , which even though was slightly affected by external elements of the modern world, more commonly known as input-delay , never let the same take center stage. 

Cheers @spragga for being very supportive with the FSLs and also for a good game !

It was superb chatting with you , and looking forward to my away fixture .

Best of luck for the rest of the season !

• Like 1

confirmed.

yes mate was one of those games where good chances were at a premium, all 3 of my lg games so far have been like this, where 1 goal is enough to win, the one time a cross evaded Vida or Chidozie to land flush on slimani's bonce and it slips over the line, haha.

game had plenty of good stuff on display, as you said already defences especially where the stars of the show.

good chatting to you my friend, all the best with the season and catch you at the san siro for the return.

• Awesome! 1

Result & Stats Added :pen: 

Sign in to follow this