Goat261

Dribbling

Seems quite a few are still learning the new dribbling mechanics (me included) so if you have any info/tips post in here, ill update the first post so we have a little guide in the future.

How does right stick dribbling work as it seems to do multiple types of dribbling.
Like how do you know when your player is going to do the finesse dribbling or no touch dribbling? Do you have to push the right stick in for either of those dribbles or something?

20 minutes ago, Goat261 said:

How does right stick dribbling work as it seems to do multiple types of dribbling.
Like how do you know when your player is going to do the finesse dribbling or no touch dribbling? Do you have to push the right stick in for either of those dribbles or something?

There was no pushing it in when I did use it. Just flick the stick on the direction you want to roll the ball/feint. 

If you wanted to roll the ball left past the defender then right past the next defender you simply flicked it to the left and then to the right in one motion while pressing forward on the left stick. 

Ive given up trying on the full game though, seem to only be able to a man on with the dribble 1/20 times or something 

• Like 1

I was hoping you (being the master) would tell us how its done!! :D

But like its been said, right stick dribbling unless your in worlds of space and want to do some fancy stuff but not go anywhere is useless. Its to slow and sluggish. You get the odd time where it can work but yea not good. I got no tips for it, i guess you just have to learn certain inputs that may work?

Left stick dribbling with the star players can work well now and again as the ball is kind of glued to there feet, but again i feel its down to responsiveness at the time. I think you have to rely on the shielding mechanic to gain the yard? Not sure, its satisfying when it works but just not enough imo.

One thing i found can work against a pressure player, is when they commit to a tackle, drop all inputs then flick the left stick in the direction you want and press sprint at the same... it kind of lifts/pusher the ball away which can punish pretty well.

• Like 1

Can't say I've seriously tested it as I've only been playing the demo a bit, but I think you can pull off some really great stuff this year with left stick body feints.

46 minutes ago, Shiámano said:

Can't say I've seriously tested it as I've only been playing the demo a bit, but I think you can pull off some really great stuff this year with left stick body feints.

The demo was better unfortunately which is sadly always the case. I like the game for the most part, but the OTT physicality without fouls is a little frustrating. 

1 hour ago, Shiámano said:

Yeah, demo was amazing for dribbling. :( RIP

On 10/5/2019 at 3:35 PM, Goat261 said:

No-touch stuff is all with flicks of the left stick. Basically like the mini gambetta we've always been able to do with LS. Don't touch the right stick if you're looking to do anything no-touch, except when you're holding down R2/Special Controls. R2 allows you to do no-touch feints, such as the full gambetta or stepovers, through feint, etc. I actually prefer the logic of it now. But if you're after general little body weight shifts, left-stick only really, and the lightest of flicks.

As others have said, the right stick is close to useless in the current code. My only tip if you do want to use it is to let go of all RS input before you use LS, otherwise, it'll set off a skill move and you'll probably lose the ball. It does require more timing than before, as a result of this. In the old system, you can hold LS back + R2 to drag the ball back, then switch LS direction and use pace to execute a backwards-forwards play with the ball. In the new system, you have to hold RS back, nothing on LS, and then remember to let go of RS just as you use pace + LS to push away. It's easy to fluff that timing online as well, what with input delay and other dodgy s**te.

• Like 1