Sign in to follow this  
dozyncosy

The Retro-PES Megathread

Felt this was worth posting here. Perhaps if it gains enough traction we can have a sticky for this thread, depends though if anyone cares.

Either way, this is just a thread for talking about non-current PES. It's not specifically for the PS2 editions, heck this can extend back to the PS1 and the KCEO titles under the ISS label, and anything up to the latest version.

General things you can talk about in this thread

* Matches (media is cool to share too)

* ML adventures

* Editing and stat stuffs (including compatibility fixes and stuff if W10 doesn't like X game for instance)

* Questions about the games - no piracy links please

* Little observations and anything just worth sharing about the previous games

Let's kick off this thread!

I have a PS2 (RGB SCART output, please don't use composite on any non-CRT TV if you want to be able to see anything lol), and have been playing PES 5 again recently. Have been thinking to start a proper ML campaign at some point, but decided to challenge myself with the default team against some of the clubs in Exhibition mode - 5 introducing the original 'newcomers' into the main squad such as Jaric, Ordaz and Ruskin who I suspect we've all got a love/hate relationship with :P

• Like 1

I think that my favorite of all times was the PS2, but cannot remember which version. 

Me and my brother did 2 player co-op master league, hardest setting. Got hammered first season, and slowly got better. Great Times. 

0.jpg

• Like 1

The screenshot's from PES 5. I'll remember that default squad lineup for my entire life I think. ;)

And yeah, co-op ML was possible back then. I think it was actually possible in PES 3 to play as the other team, would make for some pretty intense, quick-decisive matches for the other player as they have to adapt quickly their style of play :P