pranabrb

Losing my patience with this game. Help me find ignorance !

Ok. So it took me more than a month to get used to the game , and start winning and drawing ( and not continuously losing ). But I am one of those guys, to whom a small but important bug magnifies significantly and spoils the complete experience . In PES 2019, there were issues, but none so glaring that it would spoil the complete experience at all. Even after 5-6 months of playing , I discovered some new actions in the game which were so pleasing . And most importantly "Konami" would intervene just once in maybe 15 games . Which would suck, but it's a ratio that's acceptable.

Coming back to PES 2020  -

497299309_images(36).thumb.jpeg.1edffb92bc7edd29efe0675c06e2e702.jpeg

GAMEPLAY :

What on Earth have they made ? I have been told 1000 times , "you'll have to get used to the 'new' game play." I respected that advice , played a lot , and tried to make peace with the game . Last month , I played with that ignorance , and felt okay ( as I had too much crap going on in work and life , that I couldn't afford to let a game get to me). 

But since the last two weeks, my original senses are awake again, and the game is getting more intolerable with each passing day . 

Reason 1: How assisted is PA1 ?

Examples -

1) I am the CDM , my RB is past the halfway line, I point right at the RB and press Triangle ....and the ball goes to my Center Forward !

2) I am the CM, who is deep in his half, I want to play a tasty diagonal ( I have all the cards, low trajectory, weighted pass). I press the combination for lofted throughball, and sometimes the ball is just lofted for 20 yards to the other CM !

3) I want to switch from my Left CM to my free RM . I give 80% power, and the ball correctly goes to the recepient. Just after 5 minutes, same situation, this time I just give 20% power, and the exact same pass is executed perfectly. Feels just so unreal .

Reason 2 : Switching

8 out of 10 times , after switching, for 1 second you have no control over the player you have switched too and more often than not they start running in the opposite direction to what you want, already handing the opponent an unfair advantage.

Reason 3 : Konami acting as big brother 

If the above two reasons don't p**s me enough ( I am actually raging within by now ).  Big brother Konami decides to spoil it even more.

So , the last two days I have played around 10 games ,where the first half and Second half were polar opposites . 

First half my players just couldn't be anywhere near the ball, while the second half my players just would leave the ball at all .   And worse, if I switch to 4-1-2-1-2 from 4-3-3 in the second half, just pass pass pass shoot with my eyes closed results in goals !

Have scored 3-4 goals in the second half using this awfully overpowered , Konami helped tactics , for 5-6 matches .  Especially shocking because I am more about defending and counter and I don't even take much shots, as I can't dribble with my wingers at all .

Konami intervene in 8 out of 10 matches for me, and it's really obvious . Feels like putting my controller down after half a match in such cases . ( If I do so, I thing the AI might end up playing it enough to just concede 1 or 2 goals only in the half ) 

Reason 4 : DRIBBLING

Don't even want to start talking about it .

MASTER LEAGUE :

Horrible horrible main ML menu . So difficult to navigate the top menu. Why , just why ?

They said the new thing this year will be that the Wages and player value will be like the real world . L-O-L .

Whatever you do . Only the players that the awfully random scouting system will throw at you are available, that too at dirt cheap prices . The ones on your wishlist, which would actually suit the system of your team , well forget that .

Have started seasons with Wolves, Leicester, Everton . Didn't feel like playing it after first two windows, as my squad was completely sorted by then , with Difficulty of transfers set to the hardest level. And also because , there was nothing new to offer what wasn't there is PES 2018 and 2019.

And finally -

TOP MENU :

Well, whoever designed the Top menu , or whoever passed it to be fit for the final product, should just change their role .

Don't see any sense at all in it . Don't know who makes a scrolling list on the first page . Don't know why they have Arrow like things on the sub-menu items, even when there aren't any more sub-menus and giving right direction on left analog stick does no action.

Bottom line :

I have played this game enough , and against a diverse list of gamers , and quite a lot of matches to easily conclude , that in comparison to PES 2019 ( which is a fair comparison ) ,  this game is a HUGE downgrade , in every single department. 

And i'm really grasping on straws here . The only game which used to actually give happiness after a s**tty day at work , is actually p**sing me off more than anything .

P.S. : Indian players still can't play online co-op , because there is a massive input delay . Konami doesn't care, and we don't have enough representation to raise our voice .

• Awesome! 1

5 minutes ago, pranabrb said:

Indian players still can't play online co-op , because there is a massive input delay . Konami doesn't care, and we don't have enough representation to raise our voice .

Hey mate,as you suffer severe problems in coop, do you think input delay and slight lag in the normal modes could be effecting your game or do you experience the same problems in offline modes?  

By slight lag i mean the connection bar may not even flash up but you and your opponent both know something isn't right

I have felt like on this version konami seemed to have optimised the netcode for closer distance match ups, encountered more  problems with lads from Europe then usual this version. 

2 minutes ago, Rdotman said:

Hey mate,as you suffer severe problems in coop, do you think input delay and slight lag in the normal modes could be effecting your game or do you experience the same problems in offline modes?  

By slight lag i mean the connection bar may not even flash up but you and your opponent both know something isn't right

There is no lag at all in single player Online. I play against Madhu, who is in the same city as me, and I play against other PEN players based in Europe. It's exactly the same. Surely no input delay or connection issue or lag. 100% sure about that .

To me the game feels exactly the same online against Indians as it does against European opponents . Which is exactly how the reaction of players is offline .

The online co-op thing is just weird . It's absolutely unplayable. I mean , the input delay is so much, that the player always takes a touch first and then the next action is registered .

I thus struggle so much during community nights . luckily it's all played in fun , and I can ignore the delay. But I , it other Indians won't be able to play an online co-op match without hurting the team . 

5 minutes ago, Tazarr said:

Start game - players pass with out taking extra touches for no reason - play game

players take extra touches - turn off game , try again another day.

The smallest delay on this game completely kills it and will leave you wishing you never bothered.

Cursor switch biggest problem is the logic - 80% ish of the time the starting player is wrong so your playing catch up.

Game 0lays great in the right conditions

Will take note of that.

But what about a game which feels heavily out of control one half , and then completely under control the other half . So unfair to both the players .

And feels completely automated . As during the phases when big brother Konami is on my side ,  I can point anywhere and press Pass button, it will always go to the right person with the right weight of pass. And always my finish goes past the keeper .  I am seeing it so much so often that spoils the mood totally ..and there are games I defend so well, and feel confident , and then For no reason one of my CBs just drag themselves wide, and leave a gaping gap to put an opponent striker through for a sure shot goal.

So many more such AI positioning awfulness that I can go on and on. And I am noticing everything more and more everygame , and also feeling that so many actions repeat so frequently with every passing game .  This just want the case with PES 2019, and That's what irks me.

6 minutes ago, pranabrb said:

Will take note of that.

But what about a game which feels heavily out of control one half , and then completely under control the other half . So unfair to both the players .

And feels completely automated . As during the phases when big brother Konami is on my side ,  I can point anywhere and press Pass button, it will always go to the right person with the right weight of pass. And always my finish goes past the keeper .  I am seeing it so much so often that spoils the mood totally ..and there are games I defend so well, and feel confident , and then For no reason one of my CBs just drag themselves wide, and leave a gaping gap to put an opponent striker through for a sure shot goal.

So many more such AI positioning awfulness that I can go on and on. And I am noticing everything more and more everygame , and also feeling that so many actions repeat so frequently with every passing game .  This just want the case with PES 2019, and That's what irks me.

I know what you mean and this doesnt excuse it but it happens in football too so just try to relate it to that.

You go crazy analysing it all.

18 minutes ago, Tazarr said:

Start game - players pass with out taking extra touches for no reason - play game

players take extra touches - turn off game , try again another day.

The smallest delay on this game completely kills it and will leave you wishing you never bothered.

Cursor switch biggest problem is the logic - 80% ish of the time the starting player is wrong so your playing catch up.

Game 0lays great in the right conditions

Agreed

• Like 1

I’ve played a couple of games where my players won’t respond but my opponent reports a fantastic connection and his players get to every ball first and flying through my team while I’m messing around simply trying to play a pass and get the cursor under control

Not fun when that happens but I imagine that when I’m experiencing an excellent connection my opponents is suffering 

Ha! I feel ya man - just try and play it for what it is, not what it isn't.

Optimise your connection if it isn't optimised - if it is, then you need to find match-ups v better connections. It could be problematic given your distance from the traditional regional player-bases such as Europe (an assumption) but then I have played @D rock96 recently from Thailand and the connection was better than playing people in the UK. 

Game is heavily connection dependant - you play it enough, you know when it's playing right IMO. 

Yeah player-switching is awful, it hasn't been right for a few PES I believe - with any sort of connectivity issues, prepare for the worst.

I like the ML menu. I don't mind the Top Menu too much - I mean, I know some people grill Konami over that but it's less important to me - it's functional.

Yeah the momentum is frustrating - but I think it's always been in the game. You just know that if you don't take your chances when it's going for you in the first half, prepare for the worst in the second half, cos your opponent (even if they're s**t) will start getting the momentum/chances etc.

Think dribbling has improved over the updates/datapacks myself. 

In the right conditions, it's still a great game to me.

• Like 4

It’s taken a backwards step this year for sure. Big shame because for all of 19’s faults, it didn’t feel like that much was needed to improve upon it. 

That said, it’s why most if not all of us play here, bit of craic with folk on the mic, buying & selling players, managing budgets. The game itself is just a sideshow for me. 

I’m not averse to the odd rage mind, but that soon subsides :lol: 

• Like 3

Completely agree with all the points here , @Tazarr, @Sunzibad, @Bullstein, @Jookoi, @Jakey Fantastic , @Rdotman ! Will keep them in mind .I've really been trying to ignore the faults and try and play the game at a slower pace ( if possible) , to get to know the changes if any .

Also regarding the connection. I have played a lot of Offline matches, ML or Normal kick off, which felt lag wise no different than all my Online games with European oppostion. I will need to monitor how the connection has an effect .

But also I made two big mistakes too . In frustration . Last month I downloaded PES 2020 demo ,  played it a bit. loves it . And then reinstalled PES 2019 too . I spent one whole weekend transferring players manually for all the big teams , also updated kits to reflect the current season designs .At least that gave me some happiness ( rather than Option file method ) .

This all I had to do to take a break from PES 2020, last month . I started a career in PES 2019 with Leicester . And to be very honest it felt so much better than the 2-3 ML seasons I had played on PES 2020. Gameplay, Menu - ease of navigation , transfers ( which were already bad) everything .

I could actually completely implement the Foxes' current style of play in PES 2019 much better in comparison to PES 2020.

But what do I do about how Assisted PA1 feels ? That won't be changed with connection? That is the fault of the game right ?   It's as if the game has no calibration with the left analog stick and also the input power we give .

Only solution to that for me currently seems , is to switch to FUMA ( atleast the pass will go always where I intend it to ).

But that would take away any fun that I have in League matches in PS4 D1W .

This brilliant community and the transfer market ,the comm events , and also the patient way the members play , are what has kept me clinging onto this game.  But atleast once a week the game really p**ses me off mostly due to the AI weirdness and momentum. ( and I am not that kind of guy who gets agitated. On the contrary I consider myself to be a cool head ) .

Maybe I am overplaying the game . Maybe I am too analytical. Maybe I am stuck with  PES 2019 in my head and need to break up .

I don't know . 

But what I know is, if a game is good , one directly builds a connection with it.  

I had that connection with F1 2019 , the day I bought it.  I found it easily a step up from F1 2018. And lot of subtle changes , and I never felt like going back . Again that is another game which has average looking menus and all , but a fun gameplay .

Sadly finding it really tough to build that connection with this game . 

Anyway, I will try and be less analytical about this game . And also closely monitor the effect network has on each game.  Will surely have to learn to dribble too ( as I find attacking boring because I can't dribble :lol: and just keep a low block and enjoy the game in my own half) . Maybe learning to dribble might cheer me up a bit . If anyone has any Dribbling suggestions , please create a post or something and do tag me in it .  ( I sold januzaj recently because of my inability and frustration ) 

Here's hoping for no more rants ! 

Merry Christmas all ! :rock1:

Cheers,

Pranab "PB"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pranabrb said:

Completely agree with all the points here , @Tazarr, @Sunzibad, @Bullstein, @Jookoi, @Jakey Fantastic , @Rdotman ! Will keep them in mind .I've really been trying to ignore the faults and try and play the game at a slower pace ( if possible) , to get to know the changes if any .

Also regarding the connection. I have played a lot of Offline matches, ML or Normal kick off, which felt lag wise no different than all my Online games with European oppostion. I will need to monitor how the connection has an effect .

But also I made two big mistakes too . In frustration . Last month I downloaded PES 2020 demo ,  played it a bit. loves it . And then reinstalled PES 2019 too . I spent one whole weekend transferring players manually for all the big teams , also updated kits to reflect the current season designs .At least that gave me some happiness ( rather than Option file method ) .

This all I had to do to take a break from PES 2020, last month . I started a career in PES 2019 with Leicester . And to be very honest it felt so much better than the 2-3 ML seasons I had played on PES 2020. Gameplay, Menu - ease of navigation , transfers ( which were already bad) everything .

I could actually completely implement the Foxes' current style of play in PES 2019 much better in comparison to PES 2020.

But what do I do about how Assisted PA1 feels ? That won't be changed with connection? That is the fault of the game right ?   It's as if the game has no calibration with the left analog stick and also the input power we give .

Only solution to that for me currently seems , is to switch to FUMA ( atleast the pass will go always where I intend it to ).

But that would take away any fun that I have in League matches in PS4 D1W .

This brilliant community and the transfer market ,the comm events , and also the patient way the members play , are what has kept me clinging onto this game.  But atleast once a week the game really p**ses me off mostly due to the AI weirdness and momentum. ( and I am not that kind of guy who gets agitated. On the contrary I consider myself to be a cool head ) .

Maybe I am overplaying the game . Maybe I am too analytical. Maybe I am stuck with  PES 2019 in my head and need to break up .

I don't know . 

But what I know is, if a game is good , one directly builds a connection with it.  

I had that connection with F1 2019 , the day I bought it.  I found it easily a step up from F1 2018. And lot of subtle changes , and I never felt like going back . Again that is another game which has average looking menus and all , but a fun gameplay .

Sadly finding it really tough to build that connection with this game . 

Anyway, I will try and be less analytical about this game . And also closely monitor the effect network has on each game.  Will surely have to learn to dribble too ( as I find attacking boring because I can't dribble :lol: and just keep a low block and enjoy the game in my own half) . Maybe learning to dribble might cheer me up a bit . If anyone has any Dribbling suggestions , please create a post or something and do tag me in it .  ( I sold januzaj recently because of my inability and frustration ) 

Here's hoping for no more rants ! 

Merry Christmas all ! :rock1:

Cheers,

Pranab "PB"

You might be playing it a bit to much ☺. Whenever i go online i see you playing pes 2020. 

giphy.gif&ehk=ppqIMAzjQuPjZcrAWZpehk7G3R

• Haha 1

@nizaam ..Haha .. I'm trapped ! 

• Haha 1

Agreed with all points, its really frustrating but unfortunately not much we can do about it. Especially the point when you switch players but you literally cant control the player you switched to straight away, like hes locked out or something.

Also agree you can really feel when the connection is perfect, can even notice it in the way your player runs/ controls the ball. But again thats random to.

Ive just kind of accepted it as it is now, get on with it and p**s about rather than trying.. and even though im losing a lot im not that bothered now due to that.

Oh and i dont think you can learn to dribble, its just very slow and sluggish, just gotta accept you will lose the ball majority of the time and then when the one dribble does come off be happy haha. (again though, a perfect connection makes dribbling more possible)

• Like 1
  • Awesome! 1

I just accepted it:D...  i know even DP's not gonna make much difference in future anyway...  

Best thing was to quit Myclub this year.. it's even more awful..

1 hour ago, Mo to the Fo said:

Just wank it off and you'll feel right as rain.

Ask @Mowgles, he's the biggest wanker around here.

Before every league game unless I've had a drink. Then it's after as a treat. 

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Mowgles said:

Before every league game unless I've had a drink. Then it's after as a treat. 

LOL

Celebratory wanks ftw.

On 12/25/2019 at 9:33 AM, pranabrb said:

Ok. So it took me more than a month to get used to the game , and start winning and drawing ( and not continuously losing ). But I am one of those guys, to whom a small but important bug magnifies significantly and spoils the complete experience . In PES 2019, there were issues, but none so glaring that it would spoil the complete experience at all. Even after 5-6 months of playing , I discovered some new actions in the game which were so pleasing . And most importantly "Konami" would intervene just once in maybe 15 games . Which would suck, but it's a ratio that's acceptable.

Coming back to PES 2020  -

497299309_images(36).thumb.jpeg.1edffb92bc7edd29efe0675c06e2e702.jpeg

GAMEPLAY :

What on Earth have they made ? I have been told 1000 times , "you'll have to get used to the 'new' game play." I respected that advice , played a lot , and tried to make peace with the game . Last month , I played with that ignorance , and felt okay ( as I had too much crap going on in work and life , that I couldn't afford to let a game get to me). 

But since the last two weeks, my original senses are awake again, and the game is getting more intolerable with each passing day . 

Reason 1: How assisted is PA1 ?

Examples -

1) I am the CDM , my RB is past the halfway line, I point right at the RB and press Triangle ....and the ball goes to my Center Forward !

2) I am the CM, who is deep in his half, I want to play a tasty diagonal ( I have all the cards, low trajectory, weighted pass). I press the combination for lofted throughball, and sometimes the ball is just lofted for 20 yards to the other CM !

3) I want to switch from my Left CM to my free RM . I give 80% power, and the ball correctly goes to the recepient. Just after 5 minutes, same situation, this time I just give 20% power, and the exact same pass is executed perfectly. Feels just so unreal .

Reason 2 : Switching

8 out of 10 times , after switching, for 1 second you have no control over the player you have switched too and more often than not they start running in the opposite direction to what you want, already handing the opponent an unfair advantage.

Reason 3 : Konami acting as big brother 

If the above two reasons don't p**s me enough ( I am actually raging within by now ).  Big brother Konami decides to spoil it even more.

So , the last two days I have played around 10 games ,where the first half and Second half were polar opposites . 

First half my players just couldn't be anywhere near the ball, while the second half my players just would leave the ball at all .   And worse, if I switch to 4-1-2-1-2 from 4-3-3 in the second half, just pass pass pass shoot with my eyes closed results in goals !

Have scored 3-4 goals in the second half using this awfully overpowered , Konami helped tactics , for 5-6 matches .  Especially shocking because I am more about defending and counter and I don't even take much shots, as I can't dribble with my wingers at all .

Konami intervene in 8 out of 10 matches for me, and it's really obvious . Feels like putting my controller down after half a match in such cases . ( If I do so, I thing the AI might end up playing it enough to just concede 1 or 2 goals only in the half ) 

Reason 4 : DRIBBLING

Don't even want to start talking about it .

MASTER LEAGUE :

Horrible horrible main ML menu . So difficult to navigate the top menu. Why , just why ?

They said the new thing this year will be that the Wages and player value will be like the real world . L-O-L .

Whatever you do . Only the players that the awfully random scouting system will throw at you are available, that too at dirt cheap prices . The ones on your wishlist, which would actually suit the system of your team , well forget that .

Have started seasons with Wolves, Leicester, Everton . Didn't feel like playing it after first two windows, as my squad was completely sorted by then , with Difficulty of transfers set to the hardest level. And also because , there was nothing new to offer what wasn't there is PES 2018 and 2019.

And finally -

TOP MENU :

Well, whoever designed the Top menu , or whoever passed it to be fit for the final product, should just change their role .

Don't see any sense at all in it . Don't know who makes a scrolling list on the first page . Don't know why they have Arrow like things on the sub-menu items, even when there aren't any more sub-menus and giving right direction on left analog stick does no action.

Bottom line :

I have played this game enough , and against a diverse list of gamers , and quite a lot of matches to easily conclude , that in comparison to PES 2019 ( which is a fair comparison ) ,  this game is a HUGE downgrade , in every single department. 

And i'm really grasping on straws here . The only game which used to actually give happiness after a s**tty day at work , is actually p**sing me off more than anything .

P.S. : Indian players still can't play online co-op , because there is a massive input delay . Konami doesn't care, and we don't have enough representation to raise our voice .

spacer.png

:lol:  

1) Semi Auto Cursor Switch is bugged. So that doesn't help the switching at all, made a thread about thar before.

2) AI positioning is retarded, and that has been the case since PES18, when they started using their new engine. Your defence will fall back no matter what, leaving huge gaps on the pitch.

3) Conmection and Animations. I have always complained about the Animations, that it feels like you are watching a cutscene at times. The animations have always been there since 18, but they have significantly increased since 19 and 20. 

Combine those animation with connection and server issues and it will all feel slow and out of your control.

Konami servers cant handle the amount of animations theyve put in. Even Offline, the animations are just to much.

3 biggest issues for me compared to PES games that I did enjoy.

"Less is more" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And notices a thing about finishing , that was not that glaringly obvious in PES 2019 .

In the match that Konami want's me to score, no matter which side of the goal I will point , the ball will go past the keeper. 

But then I had 2-3 matches , where I was in complete control , playing the game in the counter and my striker was through on goal 4 times , one on one .. every 3 times the ball went wide , and one time the keeper saved.

I was in the exact same situation twice in the immediate next match , I was just pointing at the keeper and pressing shoot, and the ball conveniently found its way past the keeper from his side ( not through the legs) 

But what the hell . Have to get on with it.  Only changing to Manual will help I think.

17 minutes ago, pranabrb said:

Only changing to Manual will help I think.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1