Madhu Sanith

Best PES of this decade - PES 2011 to PES 2020

For me PES 2013 - when i m addicted to this game, still my fav and best of this series..  it was perfect sim football game... 

What you guys think??

pes 13 for me also, was the first pes of the new rebranded pen as well, truly fantastic game.

ever since there has been something just not quiet right, mainly down to the change in game engine from pes 14 :manutd:

• Like 2

Hands down its Pes 2011 which had the debut of MLO

Best game mode Pes has ever produced with a Frillypink league system. Shame it went away for s**tty my club 

loved it that much and didn’t care for 2012 so played it for 2 years solid just under 5000 games 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spragga said:

pes 13 for me also, was the first pes of the new rebranded pen as well, truly fantastic game.

ever since there has been something just not quiet right, mainly down to the change in game engine from pes 14 :manutd:

2013 was a great game. How the went from that to 2014 I'll never know.

MLO used to annoy the hell out of me, but I still loved playing it.

Everyone with 69 rated Van Der Mirch up front and Mphela on the wing. :lol:

Thinking back, at least you could just buy whichever players you wanted, and you had to actually earn your way up to a good team. None of this scout bollocks. I had a 5* team on PES 2020 myClub after 5 games :shootme:

• Like 2

PES 15, one of the best PES games ever made simple 

• Like 1

PES 2020

It just keeps getting better and better

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oldeuboi said:

PES 2020

It just keeps getting better and better

Dribbling is broken... 

Took a break between 2010 and 2015, had 2011 but didnt really play anything.

Would base my experience off games between PES2015 - PES2020,

PES2016 was my favourite but it wasnt the best.

Id say 2018.

I quite liked 2019 aswell, and 2020 is quite good too but player-switching is f**ked.

2018 I think.

• Like 1

PES 2018 was the game that made me return to the franchise after the disastrous 2014, I really enjoyed it. After that one it seems the increased amount of animations etc. made it more out of control and connection dependent

• Like 1

2020 for me even though I loved 2017 and 18 also. 

I don't agree that the dribbling is broken @Madhu Sanith, it's just been nerfed. There are some lovely moves, flicks and touches to beat a man which I think most accurately reflect the real life game. Beating 4-5 players with the left stick dribbling isn't something you even see Messi do irl. 

What does it for me is the shielding. It's so beautifully balanced and means you can really shield the ball well and use it against double X pressing to draw players in and then use it to your advantage to counter. You find some amazing play like this and really fixes the main gripe of what made 2019 so frustrating whilst again, taking the series to a new, more realistic level. 

The switching can be frustrating occasionally but think that's been the case for a few editions now. All in all though, 2020 is the winner for me. 

Let's hope it bodes well for 2021 and the the PS5 versions :drool:

15 minutes ago, DJTruckstop76 said:

Can we get a poll up @Madhu Sanith?

Yeah.. will see

18 minutes ago, DJTruckstop76 said:

2020 for me even though I loved 2017 and 18 also. 

I don't agree that the dribbling is broken @Madhu Sanith, it's just been nerfed. There are some lovely moves, flicks and touches to beat a man which I think most accurately reflect the real life game. Beating 4-5 players with the left stick dribbling isn't something you even see Messi do irl. 

What does it for me is the shielding. It's so beautifully balanced and means you can really shield the ball well and use it against double X pressing to draw players in and then use it to your advantage to counter. You find some amazing play like this and really fixes the main gripe of what made 2019 so frustrating whilst again, taking the series to a new, more realistic level. 

The switching can be frustrating occasionally but think that's been the case for a few editions now. All in all though, 2020 is the winner for me. 

Let's hope it bodes well for 2021 and the the PS5 versions :drool:

For me that right stick thing is frustrating... 

17 minutes ago, Madhu Sanith said:

For me that right stick thing is frustrating... 

There's a lot of contextual stuff as well mate, In relation to player stats. It's not just right stick and left stick but more a combination of the 3. 

I find it best works if you can isolate a FB one on one with your winger which again, mimics real football situations. 

Take a look at dribbling and explosive power stats, ball control and things like that as well as cards and maybe try some free training to practice. 

How did you not put a poll up brother? 

My favourite has to be PES2011 which could be considered odd coming from a manual player as it was the last game before pass assistance  settings were introduced. It helps that Konami developed the game for one type of pass assistance as it forced them to fix the game to fit the mechanics unlike the mess we have now. 

Also it saw the introduction of MLO and a proper Beta roll out (that I was happy to be part of) after which Konami took proper feedback and not this open social media way of doing things and it resulted in a great, well balanced, game of football.

You could play any way you wanted and could out do noobs with just playing proper football with even a far inferior team. 

Dribbling was great as it involved using real life situations to get passed a player. Show to the left - move to the right against the players body momentum  to get by him. Not this trick stick s**t we have now 

Shooting mechanics were right on point, it was the last PES that you could lightly slip the ball between the legs of an on rushing keeper, or curl it around him. Varied finishing and ball physics depending on your input, player stats and placement. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, CMYKhazi said:

2020 for me, also love the dribbling.

I have run our emojis again

I need to say fack oooooof :lol:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, zeemeister said:

I have run our emojis again

I need to say fack oooooof :lol:

N00b :lol:

2013 or 2011 really

MLO was something else

• Like 1
  • Awesome! 1

9 minutes ago, dortaboy said:

2013 or 2011 really

MLO was something else

MLO online was amazing. I loved that system of selling a player at market value with how popular he was. You could make a team of 16 by selling Messi for over 100m :lol:

But was easier to get the players you wanted unless they were obviously the slags of the time. 

• Like 1

2014 was fun because @DJTruckstop76 was shockingly bad at it. 

i enjoyed 2015-16-17 equally all good games. 

not sure which version was the one where biabiany scored 8 past trucks...but that was fun.

18 and 19 decent, this years is mediocre. you can tell how bad it is this year. the last week i have been playing the PC but every couple of hours i switch on the PS4 to see if anyone is on....nope, no one. ever.

• Haha 2

PES 13 > PES 15 >  Pes 17 > Others

• Like 1

PES 13 for the pure fun gameplay and variety of goals you could score. 

PES 11 a very close second because of the superb MLO. 

PES 15 has been the most fun of the post FOX engine era. 

• Like 3