Sign in to follow this  
Bullstein

Speed/acceleration in PES 2020

I’ve gotta laugh at this game, catchup dynamic is one thing but having Gervinho on the wing I thought his speed and acceleration stats would be handy there

but, even without the ball, in a straight race against a 67 speed CB hes like a tortoise. When no player is near he is speedy enough but  It’s as if (without the ball)  any  player comes within 6 feet proximity he starts to slow down and get overtaken

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Bullstein said:

I’ve gotta laugh at this game, catchup dynamic is one thing but having Gervinho on the wing I thought his speed and acceleration stats would be handy there

but, even without the ball, in a straight race against a 67 speed CB hes like a tortoise. When no player is near he is speedy enough but  It’s as if (without the ball)  any  player comes within 6 feet proximity he starts to slow down and get overtaken

:lol:

Double tap r1 if you've got space ahead of you 

• Like 1

Really? I used to have Bouna Sarr and he was rapid, like he would start behind players and visually overtake them. What a Pansexual.

Odd. When I had Poulsen, he could give the guys 5 metres of a start and pass them. Remember Gervinho is a bit older. ;) Hard to keep up with the mustangs out there. 

• Haha 1

It’s striking, he has 90 speed and 82 acceleration yet he struggles to get going past players/ to the ball 

maybe I just need to get used to him but I have definitely seen slow CB’s catching him when I was playing Fungusking and Madhu

13 minutes ago, CMYKhazi said:

His forehead slows him down.

Exactly this.

No point having the speed attributes if you don't have the aerodynamic head to go with it. 

• Haha 2

Speed is definitely limited in this PES.  If a pacey CF is within close proximity of a defend then he’ll often get caught. I think it’s konami trying to Get a mechanic in where the defender is jostling for position, but it can happen within quite a large radius. 

Physicality seems  to help massively in breaking through when close to a defender.  Once a fast player is free though, he’s through. Double tap R1 like Rob says :drool: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wheresmark said:

Speed is definitely limited in this PES.  If a pacey CF is within close proximity of a defend then he’ll often get caught. I think it’s konami trying to Get a mechanic in where the defender is jostling for position, but it can happen within quite a large radius. 

Physicality seems  to help massively in breaking through when close to a defender.  Once a fast player is free though, he’s through. Double tap R1 like Rob says :drool: 

:die:

Made a thread about this when my 81 speed rating striker was hauled in by a 62 rated player. Wasn't like this in the demo but then again very few things on PES 2020 is like the demo. The worst part is you could see the imaginary rope hauling him in. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zeemeister said:

Made a thread about this when my 81 speed rating striker was hauled in by a 62 rated player. Wasn't like this in the demo but then again very few things on PES 2020 is like the demo. The worst part is you could see the imaginary rope hauling him in. 

This ^^
well put Zee

@Bullstein

Not sure what you’re doing with him, but with me, if he was in front of a defender, you weren’t catching him.

The reason I sold him was because it felt too overpowered with Gervinho. 

Perserve with him, as he is class.

4 minutes ago, Worrisome Owl said:

@Bullstein

Not sure what you’re doing with him, but with me, if he was in front of a defender, you weren’t catching him.

The reason I sold him was because it felt too overpowered with Gervinho. 

Perserve with him, as he is class.

Yeah its only been a handful of games, a couple were a bit “sticky” so might have been that mate

i do remember playing you when i re-joined and you were out of sight with him and Munian lol

i will get there

• Like 1