Right boys

how the f**k do you aim for the corners when going through on goal

Close your eyes and press shoot

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, donkeyhugger said:

@Manual League

Right boys

:lol: press L2 if you want to see direction of where you're shooting etc. Otherwise it's practice. @zeemeister said to me aim at keeper to get it on target. After a while most of them will go in. That works for me as everytime try aim for corners it goes wide :lol:

Just stop being a pussy and hit it.

• Good Lord! 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, donkeyhugger said:

@Manual League

Right boys

It's all body position mate.

It's hard to explain.

If you are running straight on towards goal but HAVENT opened your body up (like for an R2) then you input very very small stick movements towards the intended corner, otherwise it will hit the corner flag.

Thats if you are running head on.

If you open your body up, you need to be shooting straight (relative to direction player is facing) and again adjust very very slightly off dead centre (of direction you are facing) to score bum curlers. They're quite hard.

Basically small directional inputs are all you need but in relation to body.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mowgles said:

:lol: press L2 if you want to see direction of where you're shooting etc. Otherwise it's practice. @zeemeister said to me aim at keeper to get it on target. After a while most of them will go in. That works for me as everytime try aim for corners it goes wide :lol:

Just stop being a pussy and hit it.

dont listen to mow and dan. both are halfway down the league.

just practise. you are actually only ever aiming either side of central. or you will hit the corner flag, lol

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, donkeyhugger said:

@Manual League

Right boys

Because muscle memory has you programmed to push to the extreme corners on your analogue sticks. Takes a while but start by aiming for the keeper and pushing it to his left or right then marginally off, it's going to take a bit of time for the unlearning. 

• Like 3

I reckon the top manual players file a groove in their controller for the left stick to go into, so it only hits the corners :lol:

1 minute ago, rambovanhardnut said:

dont listen to mow and dan. both are halfway down the league.

just practise. you are actually only ever aiming either side of central. or you will hit the corner flag, lol

You forgot to say smash pass when you're facing the wrong way and make a video about it :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sunzibad said:

It's all body position mate.

It's hard to explain.

If you are running straight on towards goal but HAVENT opened your body up (like for an R2) then you input very very small stick movements towards the intended corner, otherwise it will hit the corner flag.

Thats if you are running head on.

If you open your body up, you need to be shooting straight (relative to direction player is facing) and again adjust very very slightly off dead centre (of direction you are facing) to score bum curlers. They're quite hard.

Basically small directional inputs are all you need but in relation to body.

In this video Kent is facing roughly 4 o clock when he takes the shot; the input on the left stick direction to shoot is between 4 and 5.... very slight with R2/RB also pressed for the bum curler animation.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, donkeyhugger said:

@Manual League

Right boys

You've messed up my results thread :threaten:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, donkeyhugger said:

@Manual League

Right boys

How I stopped sending those balls to throw ins was to get in the training, use L2 to understand how my finger should move related to in-game angle and just practiced it in actual games

An alternative is to keep the analog movement limited to 45° moves and just f**ksmash those balls in with 3/4 of the bar power without sprinting, works very well when you are more central

• Like 1

Author of the topic Posted
5 minutes ago, MB 11 said:

You've messed up my results thread :threaten:

:lol:

26 minutes ago, donkeyhugger said:

@Manual League

Right boys

Try to practise on the training ground. The challenges are useful to get the touch and forget all you know of assisted shooting 

Just practice shooting from weird angles. It's all muscle memory.

It's also inconsistent which makes it quite realistic.

I can go one day where I smash every shot in off then post (cc. @zeemeister :lol:) but other days I hit it too close to the keeper.

I feel like it's generally related to confidence too - when I'm playing great passing football, the shots seem to match that. If I'm not playing great, I rush my shots/panic.

Also picturing your shot in your head helps - same with passing. If you look where you want to shoot, your brain is smart and can figure out the angle without you needing to consciously do it.

• Like 2
  • You're welcome 1

Three things:

- Just know that 'forward' on the Left Stick (in relation to facing direction) is straight.

- Tiny adjustments on the left stick is all you need.

- Body position.

26 minutes ago, Bitter_rivals said:

Works for me sometimes 

You are my inspiration 😍

• Thanks 1

K

Been sat in shooting training for an hour.. I get the left / right / centre positioning (I'm s**t at it.. But I get it lol) 

Next question 

Is height of shot determined by power only? 

I want to go low and hard.  How? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, donkeyhugger said:

K

Been sat in shooting training for an hour.. I get the left / right / centre positioning (I'm s**t at it.. But I get it lol) 

Next question 

Is height of shot determined by power only? 

Triangle/Y (throughball) can work if you're desperate for a hard low shot.

I think a double tap shot or cross also works.

I usually lean more towards low power shots to keep it low (sometimes they're quite powerful) but I also think it might be contextual based on your player and body position.

Edited by Oldeuboi

1 hour ago, donkeyhugger said:

I've noticed this, bit of a flaw

What worked for me was changing from trying to tap in the corner (always have done it that way dunno why) to blasting it through the goalkeeper.

The idea is that my aim is slightly off anyway, so chance that I aim it next to the GK is high. Combine that with a high power shot and I seem to be scoring much more

1 hour ago, Oldeuboi said:

Triangle/Y (throughball) can work if you're desperate for a hard low shot.

I think a double tap shot or cross also works.

I usually lean more towards low power shots to keep it low (sometimes they're quite powerful) but I also think it might be contextual based on your player and body position.

Not so much desperate but I like to aim low from distance

Low hard shots are more contextual based on players stats, timing of the shot, body position etc. 

🔼/Y did work on previously but they now replaced it with that shot feint pass which no one uses. 

Another way that can work is pressing R2 just as you hit the ball which can help keep it low if you get the timing right. 

• Thanks 1