Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lisoti

What is the REAL reason why you lose a game?

What is the REAL reason why you lose a game?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Author of the topic Posted
1 minute ago, zeemeister said:

1 more option please

My opponent bitches about something or the other and I lose motivation to beat the him and let him play while I browse the transfer market at proevonetwork.com (even when it's closed) 

... Savage 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Author of the topic Posted
4 minutes ago, zeemeister said:

1 more option please

My opponent bitches about something or the other and I lose motivation to beat the him and let him play while I browse the transfer market at proevonetwork.com (even when it's closed) 

and that's the option ' Charity' by the way ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1187680529_tenor(8).gif.93686053c19eb8b23cfc2b740f006a13.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wheres the option “all of the above”?

otherwise Number 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Author of the topic Posted
27 minutes ago, Bullstein said:

Wheres the option “all of the above”?

otherwise Number 1

it's multiple choice, my brother.. knock urself out :rasta:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there is momentum in this game, its undeniable. but the good players can fight the script. 

the press is effective but good players can play around it. 

connection is a valid issue, but cant be helped. 

the biggest thing about PES is, its a fast paced logic puzzle. every time a player has the ball you have numerous options. its like fast chess.

you cant turn a terrier into a greyhound.

some peoples brains cannot work quick enough to solve the puzzle. 

ive said it before...but...if your not very good at PES you are probably slower than the average bear. im sure your a Frillypink person though. so no offence meant of course...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of the above 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More importantly... what happened...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who got the D?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zeemeister said:

1 more option please

My opponent bitches about something or the other and I lose motivation to beat the him and let him play while I browse the transfer market at proevonetwork.com (even when it's closed) 

👀 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Bitch reasons:

- Connection.

- Opponents park up and counter.

- Keepers save everything.

 

Legit reasons

- Outplayed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rambovanhardnut said:

there is momentum in this game, its undeniable. but the good players can fight the script. 

the press is effective but good players can play around it. 

connection is a valid issue, but cant be helped. 

the biggest thing about PES is, its a fast paced logic puzzle. every time a player has the ball you have numerous options. its like fast chess.

you cant turn a terrier into a greyhound.

some peoples brains cannot work quick enough to solve the puzzle. 

ive said it before...but...if your not very good at PES you are probably slower than the average bear. im sure your a Frillypink person though. so no offence meant of course...

Agreed mainly, but I'm not sure on momentum/scripting - maybe it's a PA thing cos I've never felt anything like that which isn't psychological (eg. playing a bit more patiently)?

 

Otherwise...

There are some rare freak moments (GKs can do some freaky random stuff and be crazily good sometimes but it's funny + kinda believable!) but for the most part I look at situations most people see as BS and go "what could I have done better there to avoid it?".

A good example is the weird backheel touch on manual that a lot of people moan about. I never get that because it's caused by aiming too close to a moving away player + powering your pass too much.

Weird touches? There's usually some input/context there causing it that you can learn from.

Edited by Oldeuboi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Oldeuboi said:

Agreed mainly, but I'm not sure on momentum/scripting - maybe it's a PA thing cos I've never felt anything like that which isn't psychological (eg. playing a bit more patiently)?

 

Otherwise...

There are some rare freak moments (GKs can do some freaky random stuff but it's funny + kind believable!) but for the most part I look at situations most people see as BS and go "what could I have done better there to avoid it?".

A good example is the weird backheel touch on manual that a lot of people moan about. I never get that because it's caused by aiming too close to a moving away player + powering your pass too much.

Weird touches? There's usually some input/context there causing it that you can learn from.

Yeah. The back heel animation is an inaccurate pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about getting fouls given against you for

a.) winning the ball

b.) an innocuous collision

c.) brushing past a player whilst hardly making contact 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about, making a tackle in defence only for it to rebound off your player to the opponent or even off another defender and then to the opponent. Maybe an issue with the ball control stats etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Author of the topic Posted
1 hour ago, rambovanhardnut said:

there is momentum in this game, its undeniable. but the good players can fight the script. 

the press is effective but good players can play around it. 

connection is a valid issue, but cant be helped. 

the biggest thing about PES is, its a fast paced logic puzzle. every time a player has the ball you have numerous options. its like fast chess.

you cant turn a terrier into a greyhound.

some peoples brains cannot work quick enough to solve the puzzle. 

ive said it before...but...if your not very good at PES you are probably slower than the average bear. im sure your a Frillypink person though. so no offence meant of course...

i agree....   

 

 

 

 

to disagree!

Bro, the fast logical puzzle pace you're talking about works only one way, for example when attacking. It's kinda known that when playing ping pong or quick counter, the defence is one step behind, especially CPU. I've tried numerous stuff like closing gapes or walking in the passing lane or standing on the right side of a player that turns into me. Yet nothing of these 'one-step ahead' thinking helps as the player/ball gets through.. Sometimes that shielding makes you look stupid, getting an attacker all the way in the box, or you intercept the ball but then the defender goes into sleepmode untill attacker has the ball again... so yeah, now what?

But I will give you this, anticipate is key!! This is actually what I learned from grandmaster @Oldeuboi We know that some animations/movement are bound to happen often, so have a backup plan incase s**t goes wrong, cause it will go wrong! with or without your influence lol

I won't say anything about momentum, cause that is hard sh!t to keep your kool as a grown pookeynoodle.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sunzibad said:

Yeah. The back heel animation is an inaccurate pass.

Is it? Didn’t realise. 
 

Kinda agree that there’s stuff to be learned but I also think there’s loads of BS or generally so much stuff that culminates in a poor gaming experience. Imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When people huff and puff down the mic. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BenStatman said:

Is it? Didn’t realise. 
 

Kinda agree that there’s stuff to be learned but I also think there’s loads of BS or generally so much stuff that culminates in a poor gaming experience. Imo. 

I guess it comes down to whether you expect or look for this stuff.

An iffy freekick that has very little bearing on the game? It happens.

These little things do happen but they aren't enough to push you over the edge unless you look for them. Once you start looking for things like this, you start noticing stuff that you didn't before that's barely even there. Then you've got a reason to blame the game instead of yourself.

It's almost self-fulfilling. If you get yourself out of that spiral, you'll have fun :up:

Luck is a thing, it's how you mitigate it.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Author of the topic Posted
3 minutes ago, Oldeuboi said:

I guess it comes down to whether you expect or look for this stuff.

An iffy freekick that has very little bearing on the game? It happens.

These little things do happen but they aren't enough to push you over the edge unless you look for them. Once you start looking for things like this, you start noticing stuff that you didn't before that's barely even there. Then you've got a reason to blame the game instead of yourself.

It's almost self-fulfilling. If you get yourself out of that spiral, you'll have fun :up:

Luck is a thing, it's how you mitigate it.
 

Spoken like a true mister Miyagi of PES2020 :cloud9: 

 

But the Rage force within is stronger :shifty:

Don't... push... me... to.

 

 the...

d-d-dark side.......

 

 

Aaaaaaaarghhj!!??!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Oldeuboi said:

I guess it comes down to whether you expect or look for this stuff.

An iffy freekick that has very little bearing on the game? It happens.

These little things do happen but they aren't enough to push you over the edge unless you look for them. Once you start looking for things like this, you start noticing stuff that you didn't before that's barely even there. Then you've got a reason to blame the game instead of yourself.

It's almost self-fulfilling. If you get yourself out of that spiral, you'll have fun :up:

Luck is a thing, it's how you mitigate it.
 

Fair enough, that makes sense. 
 

Been in that spiral since only playing manual, have some good days but then very bad ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BenStatman said:

Fair enough, that makes sense. 
 

Been in that spiral since only playing manual, have some good days but then very bad ones. 

It happens to me too when I'm not playing well. Things go wrong for me and it might feel to someone else like the "game" (whatever that is) is working against me. 

But that's just it, if I'm playing great things always go right - so the problem's me :up:

Similar to @Sunzibad, I find it really hard playing against a deep packed defence (@Lisoti does this perfectly)  - but I look at it more of a challenge and if I can't overcome it and I'm not willing to change my tactics (I'm stubborn) I don't deserve it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BenStatman said:

What about, making a tackle in defence only for it to rebound off your player to the opponent or even off another defender and then to the opponent. Maybe an issue with the ball control stats etc. 

I like to think I'm pretty good at not getting wound up by the game. Most of the stuff mentioned above happens, but it effects your opponent too, and a lot of it can be put down to human error to a point.

However, this is the one that gets to me on an irrational level, always has. I think it dates back to like PES 2 when I'd play locally with a mate and I swear to god the f*cker's players had magnets in their boots, would just run in a straight line and the ball would bobble through to his striker :lol: :mad2:. (nothing to do with the fact he'd beat me most of the time...)

Doesn't help that I feel it often happens in groups of 2/3/4. As you said, it's probably a mix of things; ball control, player arrows, mis-timed tackles etc. And even at the time I'm trying reason with myself; "It just happened once, and now you're looking out for it", "this s**t happens in real life football" and "it's probably happening to the other guy too but you just don't notice", but nope, can't help but get annoyed :lol:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...