Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ragnor

Happy 25th Birthday to Pro Evolution Soccer

It's 25th Birthday for PES today. 

How you introduced to PES and which is your best version till date and whats your best moment with PES all these years.. 

I think I was introduced by my friend, we used to play offline friendlys and 2013, 2015 are good version for me.. 

• Like 2

ISS snes cover.jpg

Got it on day release, I had to go to a shop and actually buy it. With cash in hand. I had to paint a house and clean out a s**t-ridden cow shed to raise funds for it :lol: 

Best ever PES for me was PES 6 purely because me and my bro did the Master League 2-player coop and smashed it for ages :drool:

• Like 1
  • Awesome! 1

Had a snes but can only remember playing super soccer.

1st memory was this:

International_Superstar_Soccer_64_Coverart.png.59ea7b1870cc3ce6549d3fef2e807000.png

Although I loved ISS 2000 as it was the 1st I remember having a career mode where u could live as a footballer. Was cool.

• Like 1
  • Awesome! 1

4 minutes ago, SAMCRO925 said:

Had a snes but can only remember playing super soccer.

1st memory was this:

International_Superstar_Soccer_64_Coverart.png.59ea7b1870cc3ce6549d3fef2e807000.png

Although I loved ISS 2000 as it was the 1st I remember having a career mode where u could live as a footballer. Was cool.

Yeah this was mine on the N64 as well. Haven’t looked back since. :) 

• Like 1

My favourite was probably PES4 or PES13 and our first few season on PEN. 

• Like 1

Had this on the SNES, around 1995 i think

9A08FC19-850F-4E8A-AC61-1932D933DE43.jpeg

• Like 1

Also started with ISS on the SNES, was the first football game i really played apart from some random s**tty one on the NES.

Then ISS64 as the first 3D game which was amazing at the time. Switched to playstation for the  first ISS: Pro Evo game with the first ever Master League where the addiction really began, so many hours spent playing that solo and with friends.

Also have some great memories of the Japanese Winning Eleven games on the PS2, like WE6 Final Evolution and WE7 International which were like better versions of the games we got in Europe and you could patch them to have English language and custom menu's, soundtrack, kits etc.

Then my chipped PS2 broke, so only played PES again with the peak versions of PES5 and 6 (2008 was similarly great on PS2)

Loved 2011 with the first ever MLO (the first good version on PS3 after some poor years) and 2013 the first season playing on PEN (MLO had started going s**t and would become the atrocity of MyClub later lol)

2015-2018 were all good too for the most part, have been disappointed with the last 2 though so fingers crossed for 2022 on new engine.

• Like 1

I started playing with PES 2. Never owned a SNES was a Megadrive kid.

I retrospectively played the original ISS PES but nothing before that.

Was introduced to it by a mate of a mate. Would always be telling us about Master League and Emile Mpenza. None of us ever really paid attention until he lent it to my mate and we just gave it a go. Next thing you know, we were on it hardcore playing everyday after work blazing jays and contesting grudge matches lol.

We all had our favourite players. I would be Argentina (Ortega), one of my mates loved Owen (England) the other Nigeria (Okocha, Babangida etc) and the worst guy played with Brazil.

I actually had a PS2 at home but didn't play it barring Mortal Kombat here and there - broke that out and, well, here we are.

Love Pro - thats what we used to call it back then... it's become PES now though.

Remember going to Kavos with the lads and one of the bars had a PS2 and Pro 6 there. You know I was handing out beatdowns to the Barman. Good Times.

• Awesome! 1

Owned a megadrive and not a SNES but seem to remember loving ISS (or something very similar to it) in the arcades.

PES4 was the first PES game owned, really enjoyed PES4, 5 and 6. Great games

1 minute ago, Sunzibad said:

I started playing with PES 2. Never owned a SNES was a Megadrive kid.

I retrospectively played the original ISS PES but nothing before that.

Was introduced to it by a mate of a mate. Would always be telling us about Master League and Emile Mpenza. None of us ever really paid attention until he lent it to my mate and we just gave it a go. Next thing you know, we were on it hardcore playing everyday after work blazing jays and contesting grudge matches lol.

We all had our favourite players. I would be Argentina (Ortega), one of my mates loved Owen (England) the other Nigeria (Okocha, Babangida etc) and the worst guy played with Brazil.

I actually had a PS2 at home but didn't play it barring Mortal Kombat here and there - broke that out and, well, here we are.

Love Pro - thats what we used to call it back then... it's become PES now though.

Remember going to Kavos with the lads and one of the bars had a PS2 and Pro 6 there. You know I was handing out beatdowns to the Barman. Good Times.

I remember when I actually learnt the buttons and went back to play these guys. As none of us knew the special commands. Just pick up and play.

R1 Ball Roll, and R2 bum curlers was a game changer... it was a bit unfair as they were just using the standard pass, shoot, sprint, D-Pad buttons.

Favourite players include Ortega (99 dribble), Micolli, Rafael Sobis, Aimar, 

• Like 1

Yip, was always Pro evo to me. Started out in the ps1 version, so much of a difference from fifa on the snes. I remember we played about 5/6 games before anyone scored a goal! We went mental :lol:

Since that version I think I've had every one which has came out. Though around 4-7 my substance addled mind can't discern between them! 

2008/9 started online leagues with a few guys from here and when @Bullstein got banned a few years  :lol: he pointed me in this direction! Joined in the green league phase on immature gamers. For all its faults, Pro Evo will always be bought, played, loved and hated ! 

• Like 2

C0AE6512-0BE0-49D5-A307-2D639256EA7B.jpeg.ce39afc28d62f686bcfd9e9c027fea88.jpeg

This was my introduction to ISS/PES. Always remember it coming on a demo disc one month and we absolutely battered it.

Overall I think this one was first time we actually bought a ISS/PES game

D4D726F7-84D8-4C16-8D17-B295E0416E55.jpeg.8dbdb4a5b3e235f25ed9d9010a7b89a2.jpeg

• Like 1

image.png

Was the first one I owned I think, although had previously played ISS 64 at a mates place a fair bit. 

It was once it switched to Pro Evolution that the love affair really started for me though, on PES 1-3/4 ish I'd spend f**king hours playing with a couple of mates locally, we had massive notebooks of our drafted teams and kept top goalscorer charts and all that jazz, it was wonderful :drool:  . Del Piero was an absolute god, I used to annoy my mates with the special chip shot he had (that only a couple of other players could do) :shifty: 

Enjoyed the first few versions with online play (largely thanks to finding my way to one of the precursors of this place :rock:) but eventually I couldn't take the shoddy konami online experience (the lag/teleporting was just ridiculous) so switched to FIFA (maybe around 2012? f**k knows though :g:) for a few years. Glad to be back on the good side these days :lol: 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sunzibad said:

Yeah, was always "Pro" to us too, or sometimes "Pro Evo". Funnily enough I used to f**king hate it when people would call it PES, no idea when that changed :lol: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fungusking said:

image.png

Was the first one I owned I think, although had previously played ISS 64 at a mates place a fair bit. 

It was once it switched to Pro Evolution that the love affair really started for me though, on PES 1-3/4 ish I'd spend f**king hours playing with a couple of mates locally, we had massive notebooks of our drafted teams and kept top goalscorer charts and all that jazz, it was wonderful :drool:  . Del Piero was an absolute god, I used to annoy my mates with the special chip shot he had (that only a couple of other players could do) :shifty: 

Enjoyed the first few versions with online play (largely thanks to finding my way to one of the precursors of this place :rock:) but eventually I couldn't take the shoddy konami online experience (the lag/teleporting was just ridiculous) so switched to FIFA (maybe around 2012? f**k knows though :g:) for a few years. Glad to be back on the good side these days :lol: 

Yeah Henry had that too. Where you'd have to chip by running parallel to the goal.

I loved Pro 4. The 90 degree turn that players with 90 dribbling could do.

That game had Double Touch too using the D-pad if the player had a minimum of 86 dribbling. Was those little details that really sucked me in. Rabona with a low weak foot, special animations dependant on stats etc.

Where to start 

first was ISS on the SNES used to love using Italy with the legend Galfano 

stand out games for me 

Pes 4- great game play wonderful master league endless enjoyment 
Pes 6- my first online Pes experience 

Pes 11- First time having an option file and MLO which I played just under 5000 games on utter quality.

Pes 13- the first game I used at Pen and was fun to play.

its been a mixed bag since then but there’s good in all games I find 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fungusking said:

Yeah, was always "Pro" to us too, or sometimes "Pro Evo". Funnily enough I used to f**king hate it when people would call it PES, no idea when that changed :lol: 

Yeah I hated when nerds would call it PES. Was always Pro to me... of course I've become a PES sayer now and ha e to correct myself when chatting to the old guard who periodically chat to me about PES but no longer play themselves.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sunzibad said:

Yeah I hated when nerds would call it PES. Was always Pro to me... of course I've become a PES sayer now and ha e to correct myself when chatting to the old guard who periodically chat to me about PES but no longer play themselves.

Yeah same, f**kin PES, f**k off it's pro evo ya pookeynoodle! 

And also same when speaking to mates, get ribbed for saying pes. 

I blame Konami and their rebrand! 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Roberto Carlos 40 yard free kicks back in the days on PS1 were delightful. Whenever we would do mini tournaments he was always the top scorer as we mastered free kicks from any distance 

Just now, ninjabean87 said:

Roberto Carlos 40 yard free kicks back in the days on PS1 were delightful. Whenever we would do mini tournaments he was always the top scorer as we mastered free kicks from any distance 

My brother used to play Carlos up front he was deadly 

• Haha 1

my guy - even had a cum face in PES 3.

The days :wub:

20200721_150653.jpg.b65c0e746afa26229d184132517b3deb.jpg

20200721_150715.jpg.1fc9530da36d947adbd797f92894f487.jpg

• Like 1

f**k off with yer "Pro"!

it's ISS! :beat1off:

spacer.png

I started my ISS/WE/PES journey here thsn found outbits the same chaps that made this 

spacer.png

Thats 22 years ago ffs what a waste of a life 

2 hours ago, djquantum said:

Yeah same, f**kin PES, f**k off it's pro evo ya pookeynoodle! 

And also same when speaking to mates, get ribbed for saying pes. 

I blame Konami and their rebrand! 😂 

I called it Shooto, cos I had a Winning Eleven version and when a goal was scored the commentator would shout 

“SHHHOOOOOOOTTTOOOOOOOO”

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bullstein said:

I called it Shooto, cos I had a Winning Eleven version and when a goal was scored the commentator would shout 

“SHHHOOOOOOOTTTOOOOOOOO”

I remember that marukasatko jiittkyo winning eleven..... 

• Haha 1