PES 2021 Update - First Impressions?

Happy release day!

Servers are live.

What do you all think?

Only had a couple offline games and 1 myclub match so far.

Passing definitely feels better even online game was smoother i felt. 

this game is f**king amazing. dribbling is the muts nuts, so much cleaner, cant wait for the new season!

Faster. Dribbling seem doable. Collision system still sucks arse. 

This game feels f**king great. I hope dear god they keep it this way and don’t f**k it up. Lovely,smooth flowing games without dumb referee calls. Can actually tackle and pressure players without stop starting the game. 
love it. 

Played a handful of manual vs ai games and it feels great, closer to the 2020 beta I feel. Very excited to get stuck in here with this release. Fingers crossed Konami don't find a way to mess it up

• Like 1

Are sure its not cos "its offline, but its offline" :shootme:

Only had 2 offline games and it feels much better than 20 

Gonna put my team together after lunch and get a few online games in 

First impressions I love :rock:

• Like 1

Can’t wait for the patch to f**k things up again

• Haha 2

Played an 11V11 manual mixed room last night with Jooks and Dot and it played amazingly. 

It was honestly so smooth :drool:

• Like 1

Just played @Bluebird in my first match, seems a definite improvement, the big plus for me is that the little slippery guys seem to actually be effective again, nakajima felt incredible. :drool:

I did hope the physical side of things would be toned down a bit but it didnt feel much different in that match tbh. 

10 minutes ago, ShammyStu said:

Just played @Bluebird in my first match, seems a definite improvement, the big plus for me is that the little slippery guys seem to actually be effective again, nakajima felt incredible. :drool:

I did hope the physical side of things would be toned down a bit but it didnt feel much different in that match tbh. 

Yeah I tried Nakajima in a random game - and he felt amazing.

• Good Lord! 1
Just now, 4kingpawn said:

Where are my full Barcelona squad players for my club ? 

Got everything else but no Barca squad. 

They're a fixed team. Need to press Y on your squad and go to squad list to select them

• Thanks 1

My first impression is the gameplay has actually improved slightly?

It actually feels like a different game, which is a welcome suprise. But more half a step forward instead of a full one.

Just now, 4kingpawn said:

Ah so you can't mix them in with your standard squad ?

No unfortunately not

30 minutes ago, MB 11 said:

My first impression is the gameplay has actually improved slightly?

It actually feels like a different game, which is a welcome suprise. But more half a step forward instead of a full one.

Yeah this is what I think as well. Definite improvement over 20. 

Ahree with @ShammyStu re dribbling. That Nakajima was a pain in the arse to defend against :lol: 

Posted this elsewhere but I've noticed changes in the defending. Im only using 76s with 80/81 Ball Winning and it feels easier/responsive.

Anyone else noticed this?

4 minutes ago, Sunzibad said:

Posted this elsewhere but I've noticed changes in the defending. Im only using 76s with 80/81 Ball Winning and it feels easier/responsive.

Anyone else noticed this?

Offline only but defenders felt a lot more loose , not as on rails if that makes sense.

Looking forward to trying online

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tazarr said:

Offline only but defenders felt a lot more loose , not as on rails if that makes sense.

Looking forward to trying online

I dont know if its "loose" but I noticed offline and had it reaffirmed when I played online. The defending 1 on 1 duels seems better.

They are more responsive to 'easing in and nicking the ball away'.

Can only imagine what proper CBs will feel like as I felt very assured with my 76s.

So........... First time in years I've not bought this on day 1 or has it in my hand . My PS4 is even still in its box packed away .

The question is . Is it worth getting ? Given its just an update or has it over delivered ? 

So just played a divisions game, Players are for sure more responsive, there doesnt seem to be as bad of a delay kind of when you turn quickly etc, same if you use right stick to dribble.

That translates everywhere on the pitch, defending etc like others have mentioned.

Passing still a bit random on PA1 though, but comes with the territory.