CuteBrownBear

Ramadan Challenge! Can you do it?

I'll give it a shot mate, had a mate a gew years ago ask us the same kind of thing and never done it, so interested to find out.

• Like 3

It's deffo going to be hard this year but not as hard for those who have no choice. At least we're guaranteed a meal at the end of the day. Many around the world or even in our own cities don't get that opportunity. It makes you appreciate life that little bit more. 

• Like 2

I am up for it :lol:

Cheers mate for bringing this up and the support :up: @CuteBrownBear

• Like 3

I'll see how long I can hold for :up:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JmG said:

I'll see how long I can hold for :up:

I'm sure you can power through! Let us know when you're going to do it! 

I find on my days at work it's easier as I'm busier and not thinking about it. On my days off I'm just chilling at home and at times it can drag. Obviously depends on your job etc! 

I challenged a mate from work to do it for a day. He ended up doing it for a week. The 1st couple are always the hardest even for the pros :) 

8 minutes ago, CuteBrownBear said:

I'm sure you can power through! Let us know when you're going to do it! 

I find on my days at work it's easier as I'm busier and not thinking about it. On my days off I'm just chilling at home and at times it can drag. Obviously depends on your job etc! 

Will start from 3am bud!

Getting a takeaway atm though :lol:

• Like 1

Do you boys stock up on prunes for quick energy at sunset? 

I remember one Ramadan a load of the guys I worked with who were observing it cracked the prunes out as soon as they were allowed to feast. I'd not seen them for years I just thought old folk had them at Christmas :lol:

1 minute ago, JmG said:

Will start from 3am bud!

Getting a takeaway atm though :lol:

Haha! Perfect timing! Plenty of water beforehand. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cloughy said:

Do you boys stock up on prunes for quick energy at sunset? 

I remember one Ramadan a load of the guys I worked with who were observing it cracked the prunes out as soon as they were allowed to feast. I'd not seen them for years I just thought old folk had them at Christmas :lol:

We have dates to break our fast. Dates and water. Look very much like prunes! 

Dates :drool: 

• Like 2

Horrible things by the way, I can do the fasting but theres no way I'm braking it eating them evil things

• Like 1

Just now, Cloughy said:

Horrible things by the way, I can do the fasting but theres no way I'm braking it eating them evil things

I'm addicted to them! There's so many varieties so guess it depends which ones you have.

So, between 3am and 9.30pm, sweet f**k all. But it's still nothing between 9.30pm to 3am right? Don't want to f**k it up

You can eat and drink whatever you want between 9.30pm and 3.30am. 

• Like 1

Dates are awesome. 

• Like 2

wow, no water? that must be hardcore for people working in the heat, i will do a day...but ill start in tuesday as i have no gym or work!

• Like 1

I work in a stockroom the majority of my day, which because of the smart idea to have thick frosted glass, is essentially a f**king greenhouse! :lol:

I'm not a big health person, but usually at work I drink at least a litre of water.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rambovanhardnut said:

wow, no water? that must be hardcore for people working in the heat, i will do a day...but ill start in tuesday as i have no gym or work!

Awesome! We've got another 1. Make sure you check In every now and again to update us how it's going! 

58 minutes ago, JmG said:

I work in a stockroom the majority of my day, which because of the smart idea to have thick frosted glass, is essentially a f**king greenhouse! :lol:

I'm not a big health person, but usually at work I drink at least a litre of water.

Yeah can be a headache when it's hot but a quick was of your face and back of the neck and it cools you down. 

• Like 1

There's now way I could not drink water or not wank while it's sunlight tbh, sounds like torture. Massive respect for the guys that take part though and for the reasons behind Ramadan. 

• Like 2

Well the first minutes into the Ramadan, i am off to bed now.. i guess i have enough water :g:oh well... will find out soon lol :lol: 

And naturally as a Muslim i am used to it but still a very tough job! 

For the lovers of dates, try the bigger Medina dates which are excellent but a bit pricey :drool:

7 hours ago, rambovanhardnut said:

Do you not remember in Lanzarote when we used to play the Moroccan lads in Arrecife @rambovanhardnut? It used to get to around 40 degrees with the 1 pm KO and they couldn't drink any water let alone have any half time oranges. Respect to those crazy pookeynoodles :lol:

• Like 1