Kitchengun206

The Last Of Us: Part II

Also imdb shows a last of us movie is on the way, most probably at the same time with the game part 2. 

19 minutes ago, Phoenixhako said:

Could not link this to original story, i hope they won’t screw it up. 

new characters, the woman might be Ellie's mother

Having played half of the last of us 

B4 selling ps4 and getting  a new one 

Are game saves backed up to your account or will I have to start again to finish the story 

4 minutes ago, payne wales said:

Having played half of the last of us 

B4 selling ps4 and getting  a new one 

Are game saves backed up to your account or will I have to start again to finish the story 

Depends if you had your saves as cloud saves or local mate

:drool: 

Cant wait for this

Looks impressive but also seems a bit scripted for just gameplay.

4 hours ago, Manky Scots Git said:

Looks impressive but also seems a bit scripted for just gameplay.

Not sure if it was just played y someone who knew what they were doing or showing that it can be done differently :g: 

Itll be a bit s**t if it is scripted

Can't wait to play this, the first game was an epic game. Truly one of the best games ever.

First Last of Us was heavily scripted as well, i don't mind that a lot as long as the gameplay is Frillypink and has a great storyline.

How do you guys mean it's scripted? In what way? 

11 hours ago, djquantum said:

How do you guys mean it's scripted? In what way? 

They mean it in a way that all this fluidity you see in the trailer, Ellies movement, taking them one by one,  and AI behaviour are not random but scripted for the trailer.

One of the trending things in gaming in the last couple of years, and which I hate is general consensus that scripted games and games in which you MUST follow a certain way are crap, things of the past.....thats just bull.......I mean there are games where you play "yourself" in the game, you even get to create a character by your image (or some other image) and try to live out the game like yourself, and thats just fine.

Today everything has to be open world, and "I dont want to go there or do that, I want to do what I want", "Why does the game make me do this" "Why cant i choose"..........its a game, follow it through, not every game is GTA

But these kind of games are not trying to do this....in the Last of us you are not Joel or Ellie, you are just a viewer, bystander who is watching their lives unfold. These scripted games in my expirience are allways much better in immersing me in the game, than other. So I say, just bring the scripted games on.......I like them and allways did, I mean, are you trying to tell me that Uncharted, Last of us, MGS series, Telltale games, Batman games, Max Payne...etc.....are bad games.

Ah ok i get you. I suppose all games have to be scripted to some degree anyway, otherwise nothing would happen!

24 minutes ago, djquantum said:

Ah ok i get you. I suppose all games have to be scripted to some degree anyway, otherwise nothing would happen!

Aye scripting isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just seemed obvious from the way some of the bits went down that it was obviously done in a way to make it look more dramatic and cinematic (things like killing the last guy with the last arrow in the way they did) than it would if it was just a random playing the same scene.