spragga

Spragga's daily newspaper round up

been thinking about this for a while, he it is.

Tuesday January the 3rd:

Real Madrid will make a summer move for Tottenham's England midfielder Dele Alli, 20. Real, who have previously signed former Spurs players Luka Modric and Gareth Bale, are serving a one-window transfer ban but are free to buy again in the close season. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal are preparing a £28m bid for 26-year-old Bosnia midfielder Miralem Pjanic of Juventus. (Sun)

Marseille have contacted West Ham playmaker Dimitri Payet's representatives about the possibility of re-signing the 29-year-old France international this month. (La Provence, via Daily Express)

Crystal Palace striker Christian Benteke will reject the chance to move to China this month. The 26-year-old is the subject of a £40m offer from Beijing Guoan, while other Chinese Super League clubs are also keen to sign the Belgium international. (Daily Mail)

Chelsea's 29-year-old Nigeria midfielder John Mikel Obi, who is yet to play this season, has agreed a deal in principle to join Valencia, but the Spanish club also want West Ham's Italy striker Simone Zaza, 25, and Financial Fair Play restrictions mean they will not be able to afford both players. (Independent)

Arsenal could sell Mathieu Debuchy this month after the 31-year-old France full-back angered Gunners boss Arsene Wenger by claiming he was denied a move to Manchester United last year. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea are set to beat Arsenal to the £21m signing of Switzerland left-back Ricardo Rodriguez, 24, from Wolfsburg. (Sun)

Manchester United have rejected a £19m bid from Everton for France midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 27. (Daily Telegraph)

West Brom are also keen to sign Schneiderlin and, after having an £18m bid rejected, could return with an improved offer. (Sky Sports)

Baggies boss Tony Pulis has suggested his focus will be on defenders in the transfer window. He has a long-term interest in Leeds left-back Charlie Taylor, 23, who is out of contract in the summer.(Express and Star)

Crystal Palace and Brighton are favourites to sign former Chelsea and England midfielder Frank Lampard, 38, who is tipped for a return to the domestic game. (Croydon Advertiser)

Meanwhile, Palace have made a bid of £7m for Norwich's Republic of Ireland left-back Robbie Brady, 24. (Daily Mail)

Manchester City are among three clubs interested in Borussia Dortmund's Germany midfielder Julian Weigl, 21. (AS, via Squawka)

Newcastle have been warned they will need to pay £15m for Brentford striker Scott Hogan, 24. (Newcastle Chronicle)

And finally

Cristiano Ronaldo says his son is often told "there is another player who is better than your father", referring to his long-standing rivalry with Lionel Messi for the accolade of world's best player. The Real Madrid forward says: "He knows how to deal with that. He's a smart boy, like me." (ON TV, via Marca)

Guardian Rumour Mill

Michael Butler

Luka Modric’s move from Spurs to Real Madrid in 2012 was followed by a strange announcement from the London club. “The club can announce that it has signed a partnership agreement with Real Madrid FC and reached agreement for the transfer of Luka Modric, subject to medical, to the Spanish club. The partnership agreement will see the two clubs working together in respect of players, coaching, best practices and commercial relationships.”

Having sold Gareth Bale to the Madrid giants a year later, and after receiving no players, coaches, no announcements of joint commercial ventures, Tottenham ended the ‘partnership’, having watched Real sell Mesut Özil to Spurs’ biggest rivals. But time, it appears, is a healer and just three years after that divorce, Real are back, baby, with cash in a wheelbarrow, and a note that reads “Dele Alli, por favor.”

Real Madrid are thought to favour a summer move for the England international, who earns a measly £60,000-a-week at the Lane. The 20-year-old signed a new contract in both January 2015 and September (to 2022) but has scored five times in his last three Premier League games. Spurs are loth to lose one of their most promising players but Mauricio Pochettino has valued Alli around the £50m mark and Levy is said to prefer any sale to a club abroad, rather than a Premier League rival.

Paulo Dybala has already told Real president Florentino Pérez that he will sign for them in the summer, according to the Barcelona newspaper Mundo Deportivo. Juventus have offered the Dybala a new contract until 2021 but that is still €2m shy of the salary his compatriot Gonzalo Higuaín earns in Turin.

Crystal Palace’s Christian Benteke has turned down a £40m offer from the Chinese side Beijing Guoan. The striker feels settled in London after his £27m move from Liverpool and looks set to become a key part of Sam Allardyce’s plans. The Belgian grew up playing street football as a kid in Liège with Axel Witsel, who has just agreed a switch to Tianjin Quanjian worth nearly £300,000-a-week, similar to the Lionel Messi’s wage at Barcelona. Witsel turned down a move to Juventus, explaining “there was a crucial offer for my family that I couldn’t turn down. The leadership at Juventus have always behaved like gentlemen with me and I can only be grateful to them. I will cheer for Juventus and I hope they can win the Champions League. Then who knows, maybe one day in the future our paths will finally meet.”

RB Leipzig are said to be preparing a £15m offer for Brentford striker Scott Hogan, which would make the Englishman their record signing. The German side are three points off the top of the Bundesliga but are no strangers to the Championship’s finest, having spent £13m on Nottingham Forest teenager Oliver Burke in the summer. One of the speediest players in England’s second tier, Hogan has scored 14 times this season already, and would join a lightning-quick attack that includes Timo Werner and Yussuf Poulsen.

Cesare Prandelli has confirmed that Valencia’s failure to sign Simone Zaza was the reason that he resigned as head coach. The Italian manager quit just three months after joining Valencia, who sit in 17th in La Liga, and targeted Zaza – on loan at West Ham from Valencia – as a January reinforcement. “I felt undermined,” said Prandelli. “I arrived at a big project and left with a poor impression. Why is Zaza not here? I do not know. But on the 28th, the president told me I had 24 hours to choose between a striker and a midfielder and that for me was not a progressive move. I think an outside counsellor advised [owner] Peter Lim no to sign him.”

Ten goals in 55 Championship appearances is apparently enough to earn you a move to the Premier League these days: Rudy Gestede is on the verge of sealing a transfer from Aston Villa to Middlesbrough, where he will likely spend most of his time reminiscing about playing well with his old Blackburn Rovers mucker Jordan Rhodes on the Boro bench. “The two clubs have agreed a fee [thought to be £6m] and he’s up there for talks”, said the Villa manager Steve Bruce on Monday.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, spragga said:

been thinking about this for a while, he it is.

Tuesday January the 3rd:

Real Madrid will make a summer move for Tottenham's England midfielder Dele Alli, 20. Real, who have previously signed former Spurs players Luka Modric and Gareth Bale, are serving a one-window transfer ban but are free to buy again in the close season. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal are preparing a £28m bid for 26-year-old Bosnia midfielder Miralem Pjanic of Juventus. (Sun)

Marseille have contacted West Ham playmaker Dimitri Payet's representatives about the possibility of re-signing the 29-year-old France international this month. (La Provence, via Daily Express)

Crystal Palace striker Christian Benteke will reject the chance to move to China this month. The 26-year-old is the subject of a £40m offer from Beijing Guoan, while other Chinese Super League clubs are also keen to sign the Belgium international. (Daily Mail)

Chelsea's 29-year-old Nigeria midfielder John Mikel Obi, who is yet to play this season, has agreed a deal in principle to join Valencia, but the Spanish club also want West Ham's Italy striker Simone Zaza, 25, and Financial Fair Play restrictions mean they will not be able to afford both players. (Independent)

Arsenal could sell Mathieu Debuchy this month after the 31-year-old France full-back angered Gunners boss Arsene Wenger by claiming he was denied a move to Manchester United last year. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea are set to beat Arsenal to the £21m signing of Switzerland left-back Ricardo Rodriguez, 24, from Wolfsburg. (Sun)

Manchester United have rejected a £19m bid from Everton for France midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 27. (Daily Telegraph)

West Brom are also keen to sign Schneiderlin and, after having an £18m bid rejected, could return with an improved offer. (Sky Sports)

Baggies boss Tony Pulis has suggested his focus will be on defenders in the transfer window. He has a long-term interest in Leeds left-back Charlie Taylor, 23, who is out of contract in the summer.(Express and Star)

Crystal Palace and Brighton are favourites to sign former Chelsea and England midfielder Frank Lampard, 38, who is tipped for a return to the domestic game. (Croydon Advertiser)

Meanwhile, Palace have made a bid of £7m for Norwich's Republic of Ireland left-back Robbie Brady, 24. (Daily Mail)

Manchester City are among three clubs interested in Borussia Dortmund's Germany midfielder Julian Weigl, 21. (AS, via Squawka)

Newcastle have been warned they will need to pay £15m for Brentford striker Scott Hogan, 24. (Newcastle Chronicle)

And finally

Cristiano Ronaldo says his son is often told "there is another player who is better than your father", referring to his long-standing rivalry with Lionel Messi for the accolade of world's best player. The Real Madrid forward says: "He knows how to deal with that. He's a smart boy, like me." (ON TV, via Marca)

Guardian Rumour Mill

Michael Butler

Luka Modric’s move from Spurs to Real Madrid in 2012 was followed by a strange announcement from the London club. “The club can announce that it has signed a partnership agreement with Real Madrid FC and reached agreement for the transfer of Luka Modric, subject to medical, to the Spanish club. The partnership agreement will see the two clubs working together in respect of players, coaching, best practices and commercial relationships.”

Having sold Gareth Bale to the Madrid giants a year later, and after receiving no players, coaches, no announcements of joint commercial ventures, Tottenham ended the ‘partnership’, having watched Real sell Mesut Özil to Spurs’ biggest rivals. But time, it appears, is a healer and just three years after that divorce, Real are back, baby, with cash in a wheelbarrow, and a note that reads “Dele Alli, por favor.”

Real Madrid are thought to favour a summer move for the England international, who earns a measly £60,000-a-week at the Lane. The 20-year-old signed a new contract in both January 2015 and September (to 2022) but has scored five times in his last three Premier League games. Spurs are loth to lose one of their most promising players but Mauricio Pochettino has valued Alli around the £50m mark and Levy is said to prefer any sale to a club abroad, rather than a Premier League rival.

Paulo Dybala has already told Real president Florentino Pérez that he will sign for them in the summer, according to the Barcelona newspaper Mundo Deportivo. Juventus have offered the Dybala a new contract until 2021 but that is still €2m shy of the salary his compatriot Gonzalo Higuaín earns in Turin.

Crystal Palace’s Christian Benteke has turned down a £40m offer from the Chinese side Beijing Guoan. The striker feels settled in London after his £27m move from Liverpool and looks set to become a key part of Sam Allardyce’s plans. The Belgian grew up playing street football as a kid in Liège with Axel Witsel, who has just agreed a switch to Tianjin Quanjian worth nearly £300,000-a-week, similar to the Lionel Messi’s wage at Barcelona. Witsel turned down a move to Juventus, explaining “there was a crucial offer for my family that I couldn’t turn down. The leadership at Juventus have always behaved like gentlemen with me and I can only be grateful to them. I will cheer for Juventus and I hope they can win the Champions League. Then who knows, maybe one day in the future our paths will finally meet.”

RB Leipzig are said to be preparing a £15m offer for Brentford striker Scott Hogan, which would make the Englishman their record signing. The German side are three points off the top of the Bundesliga but are no strangers to the Championship’s finest, having spent £13m on Nottingham Forest teenager Oliver Burke in the summer. One of the speediest players in England’s second tier, Hogan has scored 14 times this season already, and would join a lightning-quick attack that includes Timo Werner and Yussuf Poulsen.

Cesare Prandelli has confirmed that Valencia’s failure to sign Simone Zaza was the reason that he resigned as head coach. The Italian manager quit just three months after joining Valencia, who sit in 17th in La Liga, and targeted Zaza – on loan at West Ham from Valencia – as a January reinforcement. “I felt undermined,” said Prandelli. “I arrived at a big project and left with a poor impression. Why is Zaza not here? I do not know. But on the 28th, the president told me I had 24 hours to choose between a striker and a midfielder and that for me was not a progressive move. I think an outside counsellor advised [owner] Peter Lim no to sign him.”

Ten goals in 55 Championship appearances is apparently enough to earn you a move to the Premier League these days: Rudy Gestede is on the verge of sealing a transfer from Aston Villa to Middlesbrough, where he will likely spend most of his time reminiscing about playing well with his old Blackburn Rovers mucker Jordan Rhodes on the Boro bench. “The two clubs have agreed a fee [thought to be £6m] and he’s up there for talks”, said the Villa manager Steve Bruce on Monday.

Copy paste king or budding journalist?

• Like 1

Just now, NicShoneeBoy said:

Copy paste king or budding journalist?

dont make me get my journalist dossier out nick...

• Like 1

Frillypink read!

Can't see Payet going back to Marseille.  Wondered when the merry go round for Dele Alli would start, he is in amazing form at the moment.  Would love him at Utd but will never happen. 

• Like 1

Thursday January the 5th

forgot yesterday haha

BBC

Arsenal players fear forward Alexis Sanchez, 28, is ready to quit the club after his public meltdown at Bournemouth. (Daily Mail)

The Gunners are considering a £20m bid for Porto full-back Ricardo Pereira, 23, who is on loan at Ligue 1 club Frillypink. (Daily Star)

Sunderland striker Jermain Defoe, 34, would "probably rather be back in London", says his former team-mate Jermaine Jenas after a £6m bid from West Ham is turned down. (BBC Radio 5 live In Short)

West Ham are willing to bid up to £15m for Defoe but Sunderland will continue to reject any offers. (Sunderland Echo)

Chelsea are considering a bid for Monaco's defensive midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko, 20, but are reluctant to pay the French club's £30m asking price. (Daily Mail) :rock:

Former Arsenal and Chelsea midfielder Lassana Diarra, 31, might be a used as a bargaining chip for Marseille to acquire West Ham's French midfielder Dimitri Payet.(L'Equipe in French)

Leicester City striker Leonardo Ulloa will not be allowed to leave the club in January. West Brom and Hull are keen on the 30-year-old. (The Sun)

Former AC Milan, Real Madrid and England manager Fabio Capello says Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola will probably return to Barcelona as club president. (Marca)

Real Madrid midfielder James Rodriguez, 25, has put an end to speculation of a January transfer by insisting he is staying at the Spanish club. The Colombian has been linked with Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham. (Daily Express)

Manchester United winger Memphis Depay will only be allowed to join Everton this month on a permanent deal. (The Sun)

Stoke are ready to offer 35-year-old striker Peter Crouch a new contract. (Daily Telegraph)

Southampton are looking to bid £17m for 25-year-old Napoli frontman Manolo Gabbiadini.(Daily Mirror)

Juventus striker Simone Zaza, 25, never wanted to join West Ham on loan, says his agent. (Daily Star) :lol:

Chelsea are prepared to let Ruben Loftus‑Cheek, 20, leave on loan this month and Brighton have emerged as a contender for the midfielder. (London Evening Standard)

Brentford have rejected a £10m offer from West Ham for 24-year-old striker Scott Hogan. (Daily Mirror)

And Celtic will turn down any bid for striker Moussa Dembele, 20, from the Hammers. (Daily Mail) :g:

Aston Villa have offered a trial to Luxembourg international Enes Mahmutovic, 19, according to the player's club Fola Esch. (Birmingham Mail)

Hearts striker Juanma Delgado, 27, is due in Japan for a medical this weekend ahead of a proposed transfer to V-Varen Nagasaki. (Edinburgh Evening News)

Sevilla are close to completing the signing of current Inter Milan and former Manchester City forward Stevan Jovetic, 27. (As.com in Spanish)

Guardian Rumour Mill

Lassana Diarra to West Ham or Manchester United?

Gregg Bakowski

West Ham are determined to keep hold of their star man and will not let him go even if Marseille come knocking with a fist full of notes to the tune of £30m. Now you might think I’m talking about Pedro Obiang, a giant of midfielder who’s gradually growing into the club’s most steady performer, but no, I’m on about Dimitri Payet. It says here that with Marseille convinced the player wants to return to the club he left just over 18 months ago for £12m, they’re willing to throw in France’s Lassana Diarra as part of the deal. But whoah, hang on! Who’s this apparently ready to steam over the hill waving a Frillypink little late-career contract in the direction of the Marseille midfielder? It’s José Mourinho, the man who once thought Diarra so useful he flogged him to Portsmouth for £2m in 2007. And any potential transfer to Manchester United might see Morgan Schneiderlin – Mourinho’s Diarra de jour – end up at the Stade Vélodrome blinking in wild confusion while wondering whatever happened to 2016. It would almost certainly torpedo Marseille’s chances of getting Payet too. Cheers José.

Meanwhile, David Moyes has batted West Ham’s £6m bid for Jermain Defoe out into the North Sea, a dark, cold and depressing place similar to the one where Sunderland will inevitably end up if they do fail to hold on to their one good thing this season. Stoke will also tell West Ham to do one if they come knocking with £1m and the offer of a one-way ticket to London for Glen Johnson. While Brentford have already told West Ham where to go after they dangled £10m outside the Griffin Park office windows in the hope of tempting the club into parting with striker Scott Hogan.

After some furious chatter in 2015 about how the boy from Barcelona had rediscovered his mojo in the Potteries, it’s all gone sour for Bojan Krcic, really. It’s now gotten so bad that Mark Hughes has activated the Operation Pulis button and even Peter Crouch, at 114 years old, is being preferred to poor Bojan. In fact, his nadir came when he was made to play in the EFL Trophy. The EFL Trophy! For Pete’s sake! Aitor Karanka, a man who desperately needs something, anything, to add a little pizzazz into his lifeless Middlesbrough strikeforce, will see how much Hughes cares about the forward with an imminent offer.

For some reason the Rumour Mill can’t fathom, Wolfsburg, Everton and Southampton have joined Stoke in the chase for Napoli striker Manolo Gabbiadini, who has scored only three times in 17 appearances this season and has looked about as hot as a penguin. He’s yours for £24m – £24m! – folks.

Alexis Sanchéz is ready to pick up a league title or two again. According to some fluff-generator or other he’ll do this in Serie A with Juventus who will offer Arsenal Miralem Pjanic as part of any deal to lure Sanchéz away from the Emirates. Makeweights eh?

Chelsea will let Ruben Loftus‑Cheek experience some lively sea air and probable promotion to the Premier League by sending him on loan to Brighton until the end of the season. Meanwhile, Liverpool will start their Melwood spring clean early by getting shot of Tiago Ilori to Reading. And word is that Lucas is wanted by Milan now, as well as Internazionale, so sipping espresso at San Siro awaits one way or the other.

Claudio Ranieri is determined to keep hold of his barrel-chested cameo man Leonardo Ulloa despite interest from West Brom, Sunderland and Hull because Islam Slimani is off to the Africa Cup of Nations and Ulloa may need to do a little more dutiful covering in the forward line.

And finally, Manchester City’s Stevan Jovetic (yes, he’s still Manchester City’s Stevan Jovetic until the end of the season when Inter are obliged to pay €14m for him) is on the verge of inking a contract at Sevilla while Juventus’s Patrice Evra has fuelled talk of a move back to Manchester United after saying he wants to go home. Won’t somebody just let him go home? Over to you José.

• Like 1

hope some of you cuunnts actually read this?

Friday January the 6th

BBC

Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann, 25, has been offered £220,000 a week at Manchester United - the same amount as France team-mate Paul Pogba. (Sun)

United are set to offer £32.5m for Roma defender Kostas Manolas, 25, after a deal to sign Victor Lindelof, 22, from Benfica fell through. (Sun)

Juventus left-back Patrice Evra, 35, has held talks with West Ham and his former club Manchester United over a potential January move. (Calciomercato.com)

West Ham have added Celtic striker Moussa Dembele to their transfer shortlist and are willing to spend £20m on the 20-year-old. (Goal)

However, the Hammers will have to up their bid to £30m to land the French forward. (Daily Mail)

Chelsea are still in talks with Atalanta over the possible signing of Franck Kessie, 20, but the Premier League club may have to wait until the summer before a transfer can be concluded. (Guardian)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is interested in signing Torino striker Andrea Belotti, but is concerned by the 23-year-old's £50m price tag. (Sun)

Striker Odion Ighalo, 27, is set to leave Watford, with the Hornets hoping to cash in on fresh interest from Chinese Super League club Shanghai Shenhua. (Mirror)

Swansea City stalwart Alan Curtis was told by text message he was no longer part of the club's coaching team. (Daily Mail)

With James Rodriguez' Real Madrid future in the balance, Italian journalist Mina Rzouki believes Manchester United could be one of a number of possible destinations for the 25-year-old Colombian. (BBC Radio 5 live)

Chelsea striker Diego Costa, 28, has said that he would be suspended for "four or five games" if he gave his true opinion of English referees. (Onda Cero)

Bayer Leverkusen have not received an offer from Chelsea for striker Javier Hernandez, 28, according to the German club's sporting director. (Talksport)

Liverpool are set to sell 23-year-old defender Tiago Ilori to Reading for £3.75m. (Liverpool Echo)

Forward Bojan, 26, is ready to leave Stoke City in order to secure regular first-team football. (Stoke Sentinel)

New Crystal Palace boss Sam Allardyce could make Motherwell striker Louis Moult, 24, his first signing, with the club lining up a £500,000 offer. (Talksport)

Slaven Bilic's job at West Ham is not as safe as people think, according to journalist Tony Evans. (BBC Radio 5 live)

Aston Villa have been told they must pay at least £10m to sign Jordan Rhodes, 26, from Middlesbrough. (Mirror)

New Hull manager Marco Silva has been promised he can make "key additions" to his squad during the January transfer window. (Daily Mail)

Millwall may be forced to leave their south London home and relocate to Kent. (Guardian)

Birmingham City have made enquiries about taking West Brom midfielder Craig Gardner, 30, on loan until the end of the season. (Birmingham Mail)

And finally

Morgan Schneiderlin, 27, who has been told he can leave Manchester United, has posted a video of himself training alone in a country park. (Daily Star)

London-born LA Lakers small forward Luol Deng has revealed that one of the first things he would do if he became a billionaire would be to buy Crystal Palace. (Daily Express)

Guardian Rumour Mill
Moussa Dembélé and Patrice Evra to West Ham?

Simon Burnton

West Ham have given the world license to gossip after printing an anonymous article on their website, bylined “The Insider”, which reveals that “the board … have allocated significant funds to bolstering the squad. To that end, a bid of £20m was submitted for a player from Scotland. Meanwhile, an £8m bid was made for a player who currently plies his trade in the Championship, and a £6m bid for a current Premier League player. It is my understanding that the board will do their best to bring their selected targets to London Stadium, if at all possible.”

So who could these mystery targets be, readers? The Mirror have put two and two together and announced that Celtic’s Moussa Dembélé is the £20m man, even though “sources at Parkhead are adamant no official bid has been made” – and want at least £30m – while the Frenchman, while currently plying his trade there, is very clearly not “from Scotland”. Sunderland’s Jermain Defoe was presumably the subject of the £6m offer, though it was turned down on Wednesday – the Express exclusively reveal today that they have “more than doubled their offer to £13m”, while the Mail on the other hand say they “intend to bid £7m”. The remaining mystery man might be Brentford’s Scott Hogan, though there seems some debate about the precise level of their bid for the Championship’s fourth-best marksman, with the Express suggesting the offer was in fact £10m, and that anyway it was rejected. It seems the Bees are confident of having some money to spend this month, though: they’re rumoured to have slapped in a £850,000 offer for Wigan’s Max Power. And in all this talk of West Ham targets there is no mention anywhere of Patrice Evra, who has apparently started talks with the Hammers even if, the Sun reveals, he has “his heart set on a return to Old Trafford”.

Talking of Manchester United, the Red Devils have already discussed personal terms with Antoine Griezmann, says the Sun, and the diminutive Atlético Madrid forward will probably have liked what he heard: United are willing to match the £220,000 a week plus generous bonuses they already pay Paul Pogba in an effort to entice his fellow Frenchman to Old Trafford. Sadly Atlético are less keen on the transfer, demanding payment in full of the player’s £86m buy-out, but some sort of deal is expected to be reached. Not, though, until the summer, with the Mail insisting the club have “shelved their transfer plans” for this window, except that is for allowing Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay to leave. The Manchester Evening News still think Victor Lindelof could arrive, though, should his current club, Benfica, agree some kind of deal with his former club, Vasteras, over the 20% sell-on clause that has rather complicated the negotiations.

Watford’s Odion Ighalo, who has twice rejected offers from China, might have another one to deal with shortly with Gus Poyet’s Shanghai Shenhua apparently keen on the misfiring Nigerian, who has scored one goal in his 17 league appearances this season. Whether it will be as lucrative as the £37.5m bid from Shanghai SIPG that was turned down in the summer seems extremely doubtful, though you never know. In September the striker said his previous refusal to depart was down to the fact that “I love playing in the Premier League” and “I still have unfinished business in England”, and indeed his lack of finishing has turned out to be an issue. He also said that “when the right time comes I will go”, so anything’s possible.

Aston Villa want to sign Middlesbrough’s Jordan Rhodes, but are being told that they must match the £10m Boro paid to steal him away from Blackburn a year ago and are not entirely convinced that this season’s record of two starts, four substitute appearances and no goals or assists merits such outlandish spendthriftery.

Chelsea loan latest: Izzy Brown, the 19-year-old striker who has scored three goals in 20 appearances on loan for Rotherham so far this season, is wanted by both Birmingham and Huddersfield for the second bit of it. And Ruben Loftus-Cheek’s lengthy list of suitors has expanded following Stoke’s decision to get involved. Mark Hughes is also ready to battle Leicester for BR Leipzig’s 21-year-old striker Davie Selke, even though he has only started one league game this season for the Bundesliga’s surprise package.

And finally, Raheem Sterling has been shopping at Poundworld. “The £180,000-a-week winger held a white plastic bag and pulled a blue Poundworld trolley basket,” reports the Mirror. “The 22-year-old international was looking for toiletries.”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spragga said:

Millwall may be forced to leave their south London home and relocate to Kent. (Guardian)

:rock::hyper::taunt:  :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hammergc said:

:rock::hyper::taunt:  :lol:

i know, how funny would that be haha

wankers, tbf Kent dont deserve that, welling united wil be s**tting themselves haha

• Like 2

Saturday January the 7th

BBC

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will not make any signings in January and instead try and resolve new contracts for Chile winger Alexis Sanchez, 28, Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil, 28, France striker Olivier Giroud, 30, French midfielder Francis Coquelin, 25, and Spain midfielder Santi Cazorla, 32. (Sun)

But Sanchez is being urged to continue his contract stand-off with Arsenal until the summer by Paris St-Germain with the Ligue 1 side hoping to sign the winger for £60m. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola will try and sign Germany defender Holger Badstuber, 27, on a six-month loan deal from his former club Bayern Munich. (Sun)

The Chinese Super League are prepared to pay a top England footballer £800,000 a week, with Tottenham's Dele Alli, 20, and Harry Kane, 23, Ross Barkley, 23, of Everton and Liverpool's Daniel Sturridge, 27, the leading targets. (Daily Mail)

Everton are ready to make an improved £22m bid for Manchester United's France midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 27. (Squawka)

Southampton will try and sign Liverpool's France defender Mamadou Sakho, 26, after their captain Jose Fonte handed in a transfer request. (L'Equipe via Daily Star)

Moussa Dembele does not want to leave Celtic in January, despite West Ham's reported £20m bid for the 20-year-old French striker. (Daily Mail)

Crystal Palace are ready to rival West Ham for Hull winger Robert Snodgrass, with the Scotland international expected to cost up to £9m. (Guardian)

Juventus' France full-back Patrice Evra could re-join Manchester United, but only as a coach in Jose Mourinho's backroom staff. (Gazzetta dello Sport - in Italian)

Chelsea and Manchester City want to sign former Stoke midfielder Steven N'zonzi. The 28-year-old, who now plays for Sevilla, reportedly has a £25m buyout clause in his contract, although Juventus are also interested in the player. (L'Equipe, via Daily Star)

Arsenal defender Per Mertesacker, 32, and midfielder Santi Cazorla, 32, have been offered new 12-month contracts. The pair's current deals both expire at the end of the season. (Times, subscription required)

Aston Villa are close to signing 26-year-old Nottingham Forest midfielder Henri Lansbury for £3m, but the club have denied reports linking them with a loan move for former Villa midfielder Fabian Delph, 27, who is out of favour at Manchester City. (Birmingham Mail)

Goalkeeper Steve Mandanda, 31, will remain at Crystal Palace this season even though Marseille are keen to re-sign him.(London Evening Standard)

Championship side Newcastle are keen to sign a Premier League midfielder on loan with Everton's Tom Cleverley, 27, Chelsea's Ruben Loftus-Cheek, 20, and Manchester City's Fabian Delph, 27, potential targets. (Newcastle Chronicle)

Scotland striker Jordan Rhodes, 26, could leave Middlesbrough following the arrival of Rudy Gestede.(Sky Sports)

Middlesbrough manager Aitor Karanka wants to sign Stoke's Spain striker Bojan Krkic, 26, and Everton's Spanish winger Gerard Deulofeu, 22. (Mirror)

Dutch defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah, 19, has been told it is unlikely he will be allowed to leave Manchester United on loan in January.(Manchester Evening News)

Sacked Swansea boss Bob Bradley has been offered the Norway job.(Nettavisen - in Norwegian)

Chelsea are preparing a move to sign Swansea striker Fernando Llorente, 31, in the January transfer window.(Sky Sport Italia via Talksport)

However, Chelsea are yet to contact Swansea over the Spain forward.(South Wales Evening Post)

Juventus' Argentina striker Paulo Dybala, 23, favours a move to Real Madrid over Barcelona. (Marca)

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce wants to re-sign England midfield Fabian Delph, 27, from Manchester City. Bruce is also keen on Everton's England midfielder Tom Cleverley, 27, Nottingham Forest midfielder Henri Lansbury, 26, and Leicester midfielder Matty James, 25. (Telegraph)

Mark Hughes has confirmed Stoke are in talks with Peter Crouch, 35, to extend the former England striker's contract. (Stoke Sentinel)

Manchester United and AC Milan target Keita Balde Diao, the 21-year-old Senegal striker, will not be leaving Lazio in January. (Calciomercato)

West Brom striker Saido Berahino, who has not played for the club since September, has uploaded a video to Instagram with the message: "They say i aint fit #ok', and two angry face emojis. (Express and Star)

Paris St-Germain's Spanish striker Jese Rodriguez, 23, is willing to take a pay cut to move on loan to La Liga side Las Palmas. But PSG are expected to receive bids from Roma and Liverpool for the former Real Madrid player. (Marca)

And finally

West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady has tweeted to say the Insider column will be removed from the Hammers official website after it hinted the club had a £20m bid for Moussa Dembele rejected by Celtic. (Squawka)

Adam Lallana has revealed he is only allowed one Liverpool player in his Fantasy Football team, which is Roberto Firmino and says he regrets putting himself in the team. (FPL Show)

Tin foil FA Cups are a common sight in stadiums during the world's oldest football competition and now you can learn how to make your own shiny cup. (Birmingham Mail)

Sunday January the 8th

Barcelona are ready to battle Real Madrid for Tottenham's 20-year-old England midfielder Dele Alli. (Mirror)

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino is in line to replace Luis Enrique at Barcelona. (Star)

Everton boss Ronald Koeman is keen on bringing Arsenal and England midfielder Jack Wilshere to Goodison Park in the summer but faces competition from Manchester City for the 25-year-old. (People)

Manchester City's 28-year-old Ivory Coast striker Wilfried Bony - on loan at Stoke City - has been offered £210,000 a week tax free to move to China. (Star)

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic has two games to save his job following the 5-0 home defeat by Manchester City in the FA Cup third round on Friday. (Sun)

Watford boss Walter Mazzarri is under pressure unless he can turn the Hornets' fortunes around, while some of his players have started to question the Italian's training methods. (Express)

Manchester United are clear to sign Benfica defender Victor Lindelof, 22, after his former club in Sweden renegotiated their sell-on clause. (Sunday Mirror)West Ham have had a second bid for 24-year-old striker Scott Hogan rejected by Brentford. (Sky Sports)

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte says he intends to retire from management after 10 years. (Telegraph)

Manchester City will make a new bid for Athletic Bilbao's French centre-back Aymeric Laporte in the summer, despite being turned down by the 22-year-old last year. (Mirror)

Liverpool will press ahead with the signing of Spartak Moscow's Netherlands forward Quincy Promes, 25, this month. (People)

Patrice Evra, 35, has been left out of Juventus' squad for Sunday's meeting with Bologna after speculation linking the France full-back with a return to Manchester United or a move to Valencia. (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Manchester United's Italy full-back Matteo Darmian, 27, is one of a number of replacements Juventus are looking at if Evra leaves. (Goal)

Juventus are interested in Chelsea's Serbia defender Branislav Ivanovic, 32, and Manchester City's 31-year-old France full-back Gael Clichy. Both players are free agents at the end of the season. (Calcio Mercato)

Manchester City and Chelsea target Steven N'Zonzi, 28, has rejected a new deal with Sevilla. The France midfielder has a buy-out clause worth £25m. (Sun)

The agent of Mexico striker Javier Hernandez has dismissed reports claiming that Bayer Leverkusen are ready to sell the 28-year-old former Manchester United player for £21m. (Metro)

Newcastle are targeting 22-year-old Nottingham Forest midfielder Ben Osborn. (Express)

Aston Villa and West Bromwich Albion have made enquiries about Everton's Republic of Ireland midfielder James McCarthy, 26. (Mail)

Pep Guardiola has admitted making mistakes since arriving at Manchester City and being forced to adapt his style to suit English football. (Observer)

West Bromwich Albion have made a move for Napoli striker Manolo Gabbiadini but face competition for the 25-year-old Italy international from Premier League rivals Southampton, Everton and Stoke, and German side Wolfsburg. (Mail)

Watford have enquired about Everton's England midfielder Tom Cleverley. But Newcastle United, Burnley and Aston Villa also want the 27-year-old. (Mail)

Liverpool have offered England midfielder Adam Lallana, 28, a new deal to fend off interest from Tottenham. (Express)

Crystal Palace manager Sam Allardyce has joined the race to sign Sunderland's England striker Jermain Defoe, 34. (Sun)

Fifa want to introduce penalty shoot-outs at the end of drawn group games in the 2026 World Cup. The tournament could also expand to include 48 teams. (Sunday Telegraph)

And finally

Mike Dean is a Premier League referee. He also shares his name with a music producer, who has worked with Jay Z and Kayne West. The latter has been inundated with tweets from football fans, who have confused him with his namesake. (NME)

Former Arsenal and England winger Paul Merson spectacularly failed with his FA Cup third-round predictions. (Joe.co.uk)

Monday January the 9th

Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri, 49, says he is studying English, but not in preparation to be the next Arsenal manager. (Gazzetta dello Sport in Italian)

French champions Paris St-Germain are preparing a £60m summer bid for Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez, 28, who has 18 months to run on his current Gunners deal.(Maxifoot - in French)

Alternatively, Atletico Madrid have Chile international Sanchez earmarked as a possible replacement for Antoine Griezmann should the 25-year-old France striker leave.(Don Balon - in Spanish)

Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez says he hopes to make a breakthrough in the transfer market this week. (Newcastle Chronicle)

Manchester City are to renew their interest in Athletic Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte, 22, after being spurned last summer. (Mirror)

Barcelona's Croatia midfielder Ivan Rakitic, 28, is close to joining Manchester City.(Jutarnji List - in Croatian)

Manchester United are in a three-way battle to sign Monaco holding midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko. Manchester City and Chelsea are also keen on the 22-year-old Frenchman. (Daily Record)

Chelsea's Belgium striker Michy Batshuayi, 23, could join Swansea City on loan as part of a deal for Spain striker Fernando Llorente, 31, to move to Stamford Bridge. (South Wales Evening Post)

Southampton are targeting Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho as a replacement for captain Jose Fonte who has handed in a transfer request, but face competition from Galatasaray for the 26-year-old France international. (Mirror)

Manchester United have told Everton they will have to pay more than £20m for France midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 27. (Daily Mail)

Meanwhile, United boss Jose Mourinho says he remains open to keeping Netherlands winger Memphis Depay, 22, at Old Trafford. (Fox Sports)

Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil, 28, says he wants reassurances over Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger's future before he commits to signing a new contract at the club. (Kicker - in German)

Torino have turned down an Arsenal bid worth 65m euros (£56m) for 23-year-old Italy striker Andrea Belotti, according to the Serie A club's sporting director. (Sky Sports)

However, the Gunners say they have not even approached the Italian club about Belotti.(Evening Standard)

Swansea City have been linked with Bayern Munich and Germany defender Holger Badstuber, 27, with new Swans boss Paul Clement ready to use his contacts at the Bundesliga club. (Wales Online)

New Crystal Palace manager Sam Allardyce says he will have money to spend during the January transfer window, but admits the club may have to pay "astronomically high" transfer fees for players. (Talksport)

And the former England boss will outline his transfer plans to Palace chairman Steve Parish in the next couple of days. (BT Sport)

A "former Premier League manager and FA Cup finalist" is rumoured to be a contender to fill the vacancy at Australian side Melbourne City - with Alan Curbishley, Avram Grant, Steve Bruce, Kenny Dalglish, Dennis Wise, Gordon Strachan and Dave Jones among the names linked. (Adelaide Now)

Leicester City are set to make an improved bid to sign Italy defender Francesco Acerbi, 28, from Sassuolo. (Gazzetta dello Sport - in Italian)

West Brom and Sunderland are also interested in Acerbi. (GazzaMercato - in Italian)

West Ham are in talks to sell their Algeria winger Sofiane Feghouli, 27, to Italian side Roma. (Sky Sports)

Watford may enter the race to sign Nottingham Forest's ex-England Under-21 midfielder Henri Lansbury. Derby and Aston Villa have already bid for the 26-year-old. (Nottingham Post)

Sunderland's Wahbi Khazri is a doubt for the start of Tunisia's Africa Cup of Nations campaign after the 25-year-old midfielder was taken off on a stretcher in a warm-up game against Egypt. (Sunderland Echo)

Didier Drogba, 38, says he could return to former club Marseille. The ex-Chelsea striker has been without a club since leaving Montreal Impact at the end of the 2016 Major League Soccer season.(Canal+, via Eurosport)

Middlesbrough's former England striker David Nugent, 31, is set to join Derby in a £3m deal instead of team-mate and Scotland forward Jordan Rhodes, 26.(Sun)

Juventus chief executive Giuseppe Marotta has ruled out letting 23-year-old Paulo Dybala leave the club, insisting Real Madrid and Barcelona are yet to ask about the forward.(sportmediaset.it, in Italian)

And finally

Leicester City's Danny Simpson booked out an entire Manchester hotel for his lavish 30th birthday party. (Manchester Evening News)

A steward at Stoke City went crowd surfing with some Wolves fans during their FA Cup tie. (Joe.co.uk)

Guardian Rumour Mill

Gerard Meagher

Nine days and counting yet we are still waiting for a blockbuster. A mega transfer, one that gets super agents all weak at the knees. A hulking brick of a transfer to shatter this window wide open. Step forward Alexis Sánchez, he who refuses to celebrate last minute equalisers, he who refuses to sign a new contract and who looks increasingly ready to swoon for the highest bidder. At the moment, said bidder is PSG – they’ll kick things off with £60m but are prepared to go higher to test Arsène Wenger’s resolve. Wenger, meanwhile, is still coming to terms with Mesut Özil’s revelation that his future depends on his manager’s. Ozil’s reasoning sounds increasing like greasing the wheels for a one-way summer flight with Air Do One. If PSG’s interest is rebuffed, Atlético Madrid are also sniffing around and may have the necessary wedge should Antoine Griezmann jump ship.

Not a blockbuster, but when Jürgen Klopp and Mamadou Sakho find themselves in the same room it’s always worth a watch. They won’t be for much longer though: Sakho’s Anfield hell is about to end with a trip to Southampton, who are preparing themselves for the departure of Jose Fonté and perhaps Virgil van Dijk too. This one marks somewhat of a reversal of a trend, what with the congregation of former Saints at Liverpool now, but Klopp will not be sad to see the back of Sakho. He has bigger things on his mind, namely snapping up a replacement for Sadio Mané while the Senegalese is on AFCON duty. He’s been casting his eye over Quincy Promes, likes what he sees and will table a bid of £25m for the Spartak Moscow man.

In three-way tussle news, it’s Tiemoué Bakayoko being pulled this way and that, and that. The Monaco midfielder is of interest to Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea. United seem to be leading the way at the moment but City may console themselves with a move for Barcelona’s Ivan Rakitic. The Croat has fallen out of favour at Camp Nou, is of course well known to Pep Guardiola and while Yaya Touré has rediscovered a spot of form, Rakitic has been identified as his long-term successor. Woof!

Staying in Catalunya, and Internazionale are preparing a 2018 swoop for Lionel Messi. Mundo Deportivo reports that the Italian clubs’ owners are ready to go “all out” for the Argentinian ... so we’ll file that one under done deal. Speaking of Italy, Antonio Conte doesn’t manage them any more but he is in charge of Chelsea, and he is not giving up in his pursuit of Fernando Llorente. It seems Conte will get his man provided he lets the out-of-favour Michy Batshuayi join Swansea on loan in return. The Swans are also keen on Holger Badstuber, what with a chronic lack of able defenders, as Paul Clement calls a favour or two with his old Bayern Munich pals.

Last but not least, Everton still want Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay and seem to think boring the world to tears with their inaction will drive down their prices. And a number of news outlets are carrying the story that Big Sam has been given the green light to splash the cash at Crystal Palace.

• Like 1

Tuesday January the 10th

Manchester United and Manchester City both want 26-year-old Tottenham full-backs Kyle Walker and Danny Rose. (Sun)

Manchester City are interested in Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere. The 25-year-old, who has 18 months left on his contract, is on loan at Bournemouth. (Daily Star)

The representatives of Manchester City target Ivan Rakitic have said the 28-year-old midfielder is happy at Barcelona. (Daily Mail)

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has warned Barcelona off a £60m move for midfielder Philippe Coutinho, 24. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea will sign Swansea striker Fernando Llorente, 31, on loan until the end of the season after the Welsh club agreed a deal for Aaron Leya Iseka - the brother of Blues striker Michy Batshuayi. Iseka, 19, is an Anderlecht player but has been on loan at Marseille this season. (Daily Star)

West Ham were unable to wear a kit advertised as their FA Cup strip - and sold to fans for up to £55 - against Manchester City as it contravened Football Association regulations. (Daily Mail)

Hull City want to sign Everton striker Oumar Niasse on loan. The 26-year-old moved to Goodison Park for £13.5m a year ago but has made just seven first-team appearances. (Liverpool Echo)

Inter Milan are set to rival Manchester United for the signing of Roma defender Kostas Manolas, 25. (Calciomercatoweb, via Daily Express)

Meanwhile, United are continuing talks with Everton over the sale of midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 27. The Old Trafford club have turned down an offer of £19m and hope to receive closer to the £24m they paid Southampton for the Frenchman. (Sky Sports, via Daily Express)

West Brom will end their interest in Schneiderlin this week if United do not provide clarity on his future. (Birmingham Mail)

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic is keen to take England international Joe Hart, 29, to London Stadium. Signing the Manchester City goalkeeper, who is on loan at Torino, would allow Adrian, 30, to leave. (Sun)

Hammers co-owner David Sullivan says he is struggling to understand the club's poor form, and feels the team "have to improve quickly". (West Ham website)

Arsenal and England women's right-back Alex Scott, 32, said Diego Maradona congratulated her on being a "good player" after an exhibition match at Fifa headquarters. (Daily Telegraph)

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has ensured the club have not overly publicised the signing of Brazil international Gabriel Jesus so the 19-year-old is given time to settle at the club and in the city. (Manchester Evening News)

City are the leading contenders to sign Barnsley full-back James Bree. Manchester United, Tottenham, Arsenal, West Ham and Southampton have all been monitoring the 19-year-old. (Daily Mirror)

New Hull City boss Marco Silva is hopeful top-scorer Robert Snodgrass, 29, will not leave for West Ham, who have recently had a £3m bid for the Scotland forward turned down. Should the Hammers sign Snodgrass, they will allow midfielder Sofiane Feghouli, 27, to join Roma on loan. (London Evening Standard)

Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud says he is close to reaching an agreement on a contract extension. The 30-year-old wants to "continue the adventure" at Emirates Stadium. (Telefoot, via Guardian)

The agent of reported West Brom target Manolo Gabbiadini says the 25-year-old striker will be leaving Napoli in this transfer window and will move to the Premier League or Bundesliga. (Birmingham Mail)

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho is going to great lengths to ensure the influence of the club's former manager Sir Alex Ferguson is still felt at Old Trafford. The Portuguese has said Ferguson can travel on the team coach whenever he wants and sit in the manager's seat. (Daily Telegraph)

Torino striker Andrea Belotti says he will not let interest from Arsenal go to his head. The Italian club's sporting director has said the Gunners made a £56m bid for the 23-year-old. (Tuttosport)

West Ham have made a third bid for 24-year-old Brentford striker Scott Hogan. (Sky Sports)

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe will be forced to consider bringing in defensive reinforcements during the January transfer window. (Bournemouth Echo)

The former boss of Formula 1 team Lotus, Gerard Lopez, has emerged as a prospective buyer for Hull City. (Hull Daily Mail)

And finally

Manchester United winger Ashley Young has revealed he briefly lost his FA Cup winner's medal in May - only for team-mate Marcos Rojo to say he had picked it up by mistake. (Goal.com)

When Jose Semedo's Sheffield Wednesday team-mates refused to believe he was friends with Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo, the 31-year-old called him on Facetime to prove them wrong. (90Min via Daily Mail)

Guardian Rumour Mill

Rob Smyth

Full-backs are the new sex. Jack Charlton said as much 25 years ago, albeit using slightly different phrasing, and nobody listened to him. Now they are the hipster’s choice of football position – and few are as in vogue, or in demand, as Spurs’ Duracell bunnies Kyle Walker and Danny Rose. According to one of today’s redder rags, José Mourinho is planning a £60m offer for the pair. Even by Levynomics, that would be some mark-up: the pair cost around £5m between them.

Mourinho faces competition from Josep Guardiola, whose concession to the muck and bullets of the Premier League is to buy some mucking Englishmen. He is also considering a flutter of his freshly trimmed eyelashes in the direction of Jack Wilshere. But it’s Walker and Rose he really wants. Rumours that City are considering cutting out the middle man and buying Tottenham Hotspur Football Club are unconfirmed.

Josep’s old club, Barcelona, remain keen on raiding their new feeder club Liverpool for waspish genius Philippe Coutinho. They are reportedly planning a £60m offer, but that does not impress Jürgen Klopp. The word from the top is: hands off.

The word from the top of the Premier League is that Chelsea are still keen on raiding the bottom of the table. They are planning to sign Swansea’s Fernando Llorente as back up for Diego Costa. In a complicated property chain that may soon be the inspiration for a high-concept Netflix film, the move will be facilitated by Swansea signing Aaron Leya Iseka – the brother of Michy Batshuayi, who will consequently have even less chance of playing for Chelsea.

Antonio Conte also wants cover for his wing-backs: Köln’s Jonas Hector and West Ham’s Michail Antonio are the subject of his daydreams. The Hammers, meanwhile, want to increase Joe Hart’s workload by placing him behind their porous defence.

In other news, Everton are still haggling over a fee for Manchester United’s Morgan Schneiderlin. Tony Pulis is still lurking in the background, fiddling impatiently with the peak of his cap. Everton may also be about to sell £13.5m ghost Oumar Niasse to Hull.

Mourinho is also considering a move for the Roma defender Kostas Manolas. And United are one of four clubs – City, Spurs and Arsenal are the others – leading the race for Barnsley’s teenage full-back James Bree. Somewhere in the world, Jack Charlton is nodding knowingly.

• Like 2

Wednesday January the 11th.

Bournemouth are considering a loan move for out-of-favour Chelsea captain John Terry, 36. (Daily Telegraph)

Crystal Palace manager Sam Allardyce is considering selling striker Christian Benteke, 26. Allardyce is reluctant to part with the club-record £30m summer signing but wants to raise funds to strengthen his squad. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte wants versatile West Ham player Michail Antonio, 26, as well as Swansea striker Fernando Llorente, 31. (Daily Mail)

The Blues also want Fenerbahce defender Simon Kjaer, 27. (Gazzetta dello Sport, via Daily Express)

Arsenal are becoming increasingly concerned midfielder Mesut Ozil and forward Alexis Sanchez, both 28, will not sign new deals and will leave in the summer. (Daily Star)

Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho favours a move to Southampton to link up with fellow Frenchman Claude Puel. The 26-year-old also interests Swansea City. (Times - subscription required)

Saints have made an approach for Porto midfielder Sergio Oliveira. The 24-year-old has fallen out with boss Nuno Espirito Santo and will cost about £4m. (Sun)

West Ham have had a £12.5m bid for Scott Hogan rejected as Brentford want £15m for the 24-year-old striker. (Daily Mail)

Leicester City winger Jeffrey Schlupp will be allowed to leave for £12m, and Crystal Palace, West Brom and Aston Villa all want the 24-year-old. (Guardian)

Paris St-Germain will allow forward Jese Rodriguez, 23, and defensive midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak, 26, to leave. The duo are valued at £55m and news of their availability has alerted Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City and West Ham. (Sun)

Fiorentina are keen to sign West Ham striker Simone Zaza, 25, as a potential replacement for 29-year-old Nikola Kalinic, who is close to a £42m move to Chinese Super League side Tianjin Quanjian. (London Evening Standard)

Lyon have opened talks with Manchester United over winger Memphis Depay, 22, with the move orchestrated by the club's hierarchy rather than manager Bruno Genesio. (Foot Mercato, via Metro)

Liverpool are monitoring Bayer Leverkusen winger Julian Brandt, with manager Jurgen Klopp considering a summer move for the 20-year-old Germany international. (Daily Mirror)

Klopp has been given £40m to invest in his squad in January, with Arsenal winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 23, and Inter Milan forward Gabriel Barbosa, 20, potential targets. (Sport Bild, via Daily Star)

Borussia Dortmund are in talks with Arsenal over a deal for 19-year-old Germany-born midfielder Gedion Zelalem. (Guardian)

The Gunners, meanwhile, are keen to sign 23-year-old Schalke defender Sead Kolasinac. (Tuttomercatoweb - in Italian)

Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva, 30, has admitted his situation at the club "is not great", increasing speculation he may leave in January. (Daily Express)

Manchester City were interested in defender Holger Badstuber, 27, who has joined Schalke on loan from Bayern Munich. (Manchester Evening News)

Gabriel Jesus's £27m move to Manchester City is yet to be signed off because the final paperwork is not in place for the 19-year-old forward. (Guardian)

Newcastle United have been told they will not be able to take 20-year-old Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek on loan. (Shields Gazette)

Burnley defender Michael Keane, 23, says he is happy at the club, but that interest in him from champions Leicester City is "flattering to see". (Lancashire Telegraph)

Manchester City midfielders Manu Garcia, 19, and Jack Byrne, 20, are expected to complete loan moves in the January transfer window. (Manchester Evening News)

Basketball player Luol Deng, 31, says he would love to buy Crystal Palace if he becomes a billionaire. (Croydon Guardian)

Dagenham striker Oliver Hawkins, 24, could move from the National League to the Championship in January, with Nottingham Forest, Brighton and Ipswich among those following his progress. (London Evening Standard)

Former Manchester United defender Paul Parker says Liverpool have more flair than the Red Devils, before the two teams meet on Sunday. (Eurosport)

Liverpool midfielder James Milner, 31, who has played at left-back for most of this season, has been the second-best full-back in Europe, according to research by the CIES Football Observatory. It also names Manchester City's Kevin de Bruyne, 25, as the best attacking midfielder on the continent. (CIES Football Observatory)

And finally

Manchester United and Arsenal are out of the FA Youth Cup but Broxbourne Borough Under-18s are still in the tournament. The side, who beat their senior first team 6-1 in pre-season, face Yeovil Town next. (Daily Mail)

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has revealed Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger's choice of a dressing-room tune to gee up the Gunners for a recent fixture was by Frank Sinatra. (Kicca.com)

Guardian Rumour Mill

Michael Butler

Granit Xhaka, Fernando and Guardian sub-editors let out knowing sighs of frustration on Wednesday morning after rumours emerged that both Arsenal and Manchester City are interested in PSG’s defensive midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak. The Poland international only moved into his swish Paris Pad in the summer, following his €30m move from Sevilla, but both Pep Guardiola and Arsène Wenger are already eager to travel first-class on the Eurostar with a leather-bound briefcase full of bread and honey to see what happens, according to the Sun.

Krychowiak hasn’t started a league game in a month for PSG, with oil tanker Thiago Motta clogging up the first XI with his dodgy knees and deceptively wand-like left foot. Krychowiak would have so such obstacles at Manchester City, where Fernandinho is their only world-class defensive midfielder (when he’s not suspended) and at Arsenal, where everyone is either injured or at the Africa Cup of Nations. Apart from Xhaka. £35m should do it, and for anyone else out there (West Ham), PSG’s Jese is yours for just another £20m.

You might think that Liverpool are in the market for a left back, or a centre back, or somebody to finally give Lucas Leiva the conviction to sling his hook, but nope, Liverpool are interested in a summer move for an attacking midfielder from Germany. Julian Brandt is the latest name to pass these pages – the 20-year-old already a veteran of four seasons of Champions League at Wolfsburg and now Bayer Leverkusen. This year he has been in modest form, scoring thrice in 24 games for club and country, but is well known to Jürgen Klopp as well as Bayern Munich, who are also said to be monitoring both £20m-rated Brandt and Liverpool’s lingering gaze.

One might expect Sam Allardyce to take Christian Benteke off penalty kicks rather than sell him, or perhaps work on Christian Benteke’s defending from corners rather than sell him, but sell Crystal Palace’s most important striker is apparently what Big Sam is prepared to do if a big money move comes in from China. Reports in Belgian reveal five of their native players have been subject from a offer from the East, which also number Manchester United’s Marouane Fellaini and Napoli’s Dries Mertens, and Benteke’s sale could be used to fund Allardyce’s moves for Leicester City’s Jeffrey Schlupp, Norwich’s Robbie Brady and Southampton wantaway José Fonte. Palace saw a bid of £9.5m for Schlupp rejected, but are expected to return with £12m in a wheelbarrow.

Swansea want Mamadou Sakho on loan, but Liverpool seem to think that they can secure a permanent £20m transfer for a player who hasn’t played first-team football in nine months. Paul Clement will be hoping that the lure of a relegation battle and nights out on Wind Street can tempt the former PSG captain, now 26, to convince his current employers otherwise. They may have to fight off interest from Sevilla, Southampton and Galatasaray.

More Turkish whispers now, with Manchester City’s Wilfried Bony, who is on loan at Stoke, reportedly lined up as Besiktas’s No1 target, after a move for Samuel Eto’o fell through. Bony has struggled for consistent form and is currently out at AFCON with the Ivory Coast.

News: Brentford have signed Garrincha’s grandson, Swedish youth international Henke Johansson. Wild speculation: Johansson’s father may or may not have been conceived at the 1958 World Cup.

• Like 2

The guy who writes the guardians rumours proper touches himself up in front of a mirror doesn't he 

• Like 2

Thursday January the 12th

Barcelona and Juventus are interested in Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana, 28, and face competition from Paris St-Germain. (Times - subscription based)

Manchester United could make a £40m move for Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko in order to beat Chelsea to the 22-year-old. (Daily Star)

West Ham are close to wrapping up the transfer of Brentford striker Scott Hogan in a deal worth £15m, having had three earlier bids for the 24-year-old rejected. (Sun)

Chelsea are lining up Middlesbrough defender Ben Gibson, 23, as their number one target to replace John Terry when he heads to China in the summer. (Daily Mirror)

But Chelsea club captain Terry, 36, will not be leaving the club before the end of the season despite being linked with a loan move to Bournemouth. (Sky Sports)

However, a conflicting report claims Terry will indeed speak to Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe over a possible move later this week. (Daily Mail)

Former England team-mates Paul Ince, 49, and Stuart Pearce, 54, will be interviewed for the England Under-21 manager's job. (Times - subscription required)

The Football Association have been urged to bid for the 2030 World Cup by the president of the Asian Football Confederation. (Daily Mail)

Sunderland manager David Moyes is weighing up a move for 27-year-old Everton midfielder Tom Cleverley. (Daily Telegraph)

Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi, 23, has been told he has no chance of leaving Chelsea this month amid reported interest from Swansea and West Ham. (Daily Star)

West Brom boss Tony Pulis is ready to make a new move for Crystal Palace striker Christian Benteke, 26, and could finance the deal by selling 23-year-old striker Saido Berahino to Stoke. (Sun)

Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic, 28, is set to stay at the Nou Camp for at least the rest of the season despite reports linking him with a move to Manchester City. (Guardian)

Crystal Palace manager Sam Allardyce is closing in on the £3m signing of 24-year-old Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson, while Sunderland left-back Patrick Van Aanholt, 26, is also a £7m target for the Eagles. (Sun)

Italian champions Juventus are interested in signing 22-year-old Liverpool midfielder Emre Can. (Calciomercato.com)

Arsenal will not let club captain Per Mertesacker, 32, leave on loan this month despite him not playing a single minute for the Gunners this term after suffering a serious knee injury in pre-season. (Daily Mirror)

Hull City boss Marco Silva has confirmed his interest in 30-year-old FC Porto midfielder Evandro, who worked under Silva at Estoril. (Hull Daily Mail)

Swansea City are thought to have held talks over a deal for Norwich full-back Martin Olsson, 28, as they push on with their January spending plans. (Wales Online)

West Ham have made an improved bid of £5m for 29-year-old Hull and Scotland midfielder Robert Snodgrass, who has scored 12 goals for club and country this season. (Sky Sports)

French side Lyon are interested in signing out-of-favour Manchester United forwards Memphis Depay, 22, and Adnan Januzaj, 21, who is on loan at Sunderland. (Daily Mail)

Everton are eyeing a move for 17-year-old Sheffield Wednesday striker George Hirst - the the son of former Owls striker David. (Liverpool Echo)

Aston Villa believe their offer for Nottingham Forest captain Henri Lansbury has been accepted and are preparing for the 26-year-old midfielder's medical. (HITC)

Stourbridge defender Dan Scarr, 22, who scored his side's goal in their 2-1 FA Cup third-round defeat by Wycombe last weekend, has been taken on trial at Premier League West Brom. (Express and Star)

And finally

Fifa has launched an investigation after six watches worth £10,000 each went missing at its awards gala in Zurich on Monday. (Sun)

Guardian Rumour Mill

Nick Miller

When Liverpool played Southampton on Wednesday night, it was difficult not to have some sympathy with those Saints fans who had committed themselves to booing every player that used to wear their colours. They were, after all, in for quite a busy night, as they are when most of the Premier League’s monied fancypants clubs come to visit. However, some altruistic foreign monied fancypants clubs might be about to step up and lighten their boo-load.

For according to the Times, Juventus and Barcelona have joined PSG in taking a serious sniff around Adam Lallana, a man whose form this season has been as impressive as his commitment to fashionably ripped jeans. Apparently Barca consider Lallana, with two years left on his current contract, an alternative to fellow Liverpool jinker Philippe Coutinho, who has three years remaining so would be pricier. Plus, y’know, he’s better. Doesn’t sound like they would turn their nose up at ol’ Phil, mind. And if Juventus don’t get Lallana – or even if they do and they just want more, more, more – the Old Lady will make a move for Emre Can, too.

Across Stanley Park, it could be a busy month for Everton. As well as having a bid accepted for Standard Liège striker Ishak Belfodil, plus their £22m move for Morgan Schneiderlin that should be sorted soon, there could be a few shipping out too. Tom Cleverley is supposedly wanted by Sunderland and Watford, while some reckon Ross Barkley will be on his bike too, with Tottenham keeping their beady ones on things there. January is the busiest month for other clubs who find themselves drowning not waving too, not least Crystal Palace, who are in for Carl Jenkinson and Patrick van Aanholt, but – and here’s a weird one – could punt Christian Benteke off to West Brom, if they raise some funds by finally selling Saido Berahino to anyone really, but specifically Stoke.

West Ham are pumping cash all over the shop too, in a bid to fix the calamity that was their summer transfer window. Scott Hogan should arrive from Brentford, even if it costs the Hammers… bloody hell, £15m? Crumbs. They’re also looking at Colombia defender Yerry Mina, whose name sort of sounds like it should be a gag designed to fool credulous media outlets, but we’ll take it at face value for now. They are set to up their bid for Robert Snodgrass too, plus they’re also keen on Southampton’s José Fonte, Milan’s M’Baye Niang and basically just about anyone who is an upgrade on Simone Zaza. Which is just about anyone.

Some business going on at Chelsea too, where Ben Gibson is once again mentioned as a potential beef-up option for their defence, particularly if John Terry does actually go on loan to Bournemouth, something the transfers snouts of the land seem to be split on. Michy Batshuayi won’t be leaving on loan though, despite some truly tempting offers from Swansea and West Ham. They’re also kicking the tyres of Monaco midfielder Tiemoué Bakayoko, but José Mourinho could deliver another boot to the chops after last season’s shambles, and usurp them by bringing the Frenchman to Manchester United for £40m. Speaking of United, they have found a willing sucker happy to take Memphis Depay and Adnan Januzaj off their hands, in the shape of Lyon, while they’ve warded off the hundreds of breathless suitors banging down their door, by taking up the one-year extension option on Marouane Fellaini’s contract.

• Like 1

Anything about Payet 

:shifty:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Seanachais said:

Anything about Payet 

:shifty:

that will be all over tomorrows round up....

my sources and copy and paste are ready for it...

• Like 1

Friday the 13th :firefirefire:of January..

Payet special just for @Seanachais

Premier League leaders Chelsea will move for 29-year-old West Ham playmaker Dimitri Payet, who Hammers boss Slaven Bilic says is refusing to play for the club. (Sun)

West Ham will want a transfer fee of between £35m and £40m before they let Payet leave the club. (The Times, subscription required)

Lyon are the only club trying to sign Manchester United winger Memphis Depay, 22, on a permanent deal but have offered substantially less than the £15m asking price. (ESPN)

Another Red Devils winger, 24-year-old Jesse Lingard, has agreed a new £95,000-a-week contract. (Sun)

Manchester City, Everton and Italian side AC Milan are monitoring the future of Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere. The 25-year-old is on loan at Bournemouth and his contract with the Gunners expires next season. (Daily Star)

Crystal Palace are close to signing former Manchester United left-back Patrice Evra, 35. (Sky in Italy, via Sky Sports)

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is preparing to make a bid for Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata, 24. (OK Diario, via Daily Express)

Burnley have made an offer worth up to £13m for Norwich winger Robbie Brady, 24. The Republic of Ireland international is also wanted by Crystal Palace and Sunderland. (Daily Mirror)

Premier League champions Leicester are ready to sell winger Jeffrey Schlupp, 24, to Crystal Palace in a £12m deal. (Daily Mirror)

Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk, 25, is believed to be a transfer target for Everton. (Daily Star)

Swansea boss Paul Clement hopes to sign Norwich full-back Martin Olsson, 28. (Eastern Daily Press)

Former Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan has said he could be interested in being part of a consortium to buy Coventry City. (Coventry Telegraph)

Everton are considering a January move for Sheffield Wednesday forward George Hirst, 17, who is the son of Owls legend David. (Liverpool Echo)

Championship side Leeds have rejected offers of £7m for full-back Charlie Taylor, 23, from Premier League sides West Brom, Middlesbrough and Crystal Palace. (Guardian)

Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri has urged the club's supporters to give former midfielder N'Golo Kante, 25, a good welcome when Chelsea visit this weekend. (Sky Sports)

Palace boss Sam Allardyce has made an initial £6m bid for Sunderland full-back Patrick van Aanholt, 26, who is rated at £10m by the Black Cats.(Daily Mail)

And finally

Bayern Munich forward Thomas Muller devised an 'ingenious' way to get out of media interviews, by pretending to be on his phone... which turned out to be a passport. (Sun)

A number of Arsenal players, including Mesut Ozil, Alexis Sanchez, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Per Mertesacker and Hector Bellerin, enjoyed a night off on Thursday by going to watch the NBA Global Game at London's O2 Arena. (Daily Mail)

Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic said he only needed three months before he "conquered" English football. The 35-year-old has scored 13 goals in 19 Premier League games with the club sixth in the table. (Daily Express)

Guardian Rumour Mill

Simon Burnton

Dimitri Payet is either unavailable or up for sale, depending on which paper you read. Slaven Bilic insists, “We’re not going to sell him, not whatsoever,” but the Mirror says “it could take £30m to persuade the Hammers to sell” their wantaway forward, while the Times seems pretty sure they would let him go for a figure between £35m and £40m, well over three times the price West Ham paid Marseille in 2015. The French side, whom Payet would like to rejoin, have already got in touch and suggested they would pay no more than £9m, a ludicrously mean pittance for a player of such bountiful gifts (though the Telegraph insists Marseille have “bid just under £20m”, still far from sufficient), with Chelsea rumoured to be ready to get involved. Coincidentally, a similar bid has come in from France for Manchester United outcast Memphis Depay, from Lyon this time, and they too have been told to go away and think of a more serious number, ideally around £15m if you’d be so kind.

Burnley, Crystal Palace and Sunderland are all after Norwich’s Robbie Brady, with the Eagles having a £10m bid rejected and the Clarets hoping for better with their offer, described in the Mirror as being “worth £13m” and thus presumably including a variety of clauses, sub-clauses, addenda and appendices.

It’s just one of several bids flying about from Palace, who are taking a scattergun approach to their search for slightly better footballers, notably spraying offers for a variety of left-backs around Europe with madcap abandon. After Patrick van Aanholt – an initial offer of £6m plus a further £2m in add-ons was turned down but a second is expected – and Jeffrey Schlupp – still likely to sign, apparently, for £12m – Patrice Evra is their latest target, with talks between the 35-year-old and the club already under way. They also want Arsenal’s Carl Jenkinson, with Sam Allardyce declaring that “defensively we need to secure more players”. But they’re not going to stop there, with club scouts in attendance for Senegal’s 2-0 win over Congo on Wednesday to cast their eyes over the midfielder Papa N’Diaye. They were presumably impressed, N’Diaye scoring the second goal and being named man of the match, though they might have competition in the race for the £6m-rated Osmanlispor midfielder: Everton were also represented at the game.

And then there’s Stewart Downing, who is expected to be on his way to Selhurst Park as soon as Bojan Krkic joins Middlesbrough. The England winger has become disgruntled by his lack of game time at Boro, and Aitor Karanka has declared the rather Bilic-contrasting belief that “any player who is not happy here can leave”, though Mark Hughes’s subsequent declaration that Stoke won’t be selling anyone for the time being might scupper his plans.

Jack Wilshere is apparently likely to leave Arsenal in the summer, with his contract 18 months from expiry and the Gunners having made no effort to extend it. Arsène Wenger has possibly been distracted by the chase for Freiburg forward Maximilian Philipp, aged only 22 and available for as little as £3.4m. Meanwhile, in news that doesn’t really fit anywhere else but should probably be squeezed in somewhere, Hull are in talks with Porto over 30-year-old midfielder Evandro Goebel.

George Hirst, current Sheffield Wednesday striker and 17-year-old son of former Sheffield Wednesday striker David, is wanted by January busybodies Everton, who must have found his first and so far only league appearance, for the final 13 minutes of a 2-1 defeat at Reading last month, extremely impressive. The Toffees are also one of the clubs monitoring the Nottingham Forest forward Ben Brereton, also 17 and being scouted by Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United.

C&H

Marseille accused of tapping up Payet

Slaven Bilic claimed yesterday that Dimi Payet had probably been tapped up.

Slav told reporters “He’s probably been tapped up by some clubs or whatever,That is usual at this time of year.”

Today French newspaper L’Equipe front page claims Marseille have agreed terms with the 29 year old former player which if true is in clear breach of FIFA’s transfer rules designed to stamp out tapping up.

Article 14©of the FIFA Players’ Agents Regulations states that a licensed player’s agent must never approach a player who is under contract with a club with the aim of persuading him to terminate his contract prematurely or to flout the rights and duties stipulated in that contract. Any agent who sets up meetings with other clubs in this manner will clearly be in breach of the regulations which he must adhere to in his role as a football agent.

Chelsea have emerged as another club in media reports this morning that have potentially tapped up the Hammer. The Sun claim Conte is interested and unconfirmed reports say he was spotted at Stamford bridge a few weeks ago.

Should a English club be found guilty of tapping up a player they would face a fine from the FA. In 2014 Everton were fined £45,000 for tapping up a Nottingham Forest player and in 2015 Arsenal were fined £60,000 for tapping up Southampton’s Calum Chambers. However these fines are nothing in the scheme of the eye watering transfer deals involved and in truth fines are rare and the practise has not been stamped out in the industry.

Marseille are obviously outside the FA’s jurisdiction so West Ham will need to complain to UEFA and/or FIFA about the breach of rules. Both of these organisations have less teeth than the FA and unlikely to act by handing out a punishment to the French team. In reality player power is supreme and players and agents know that and pay little respect to the rules regarding tapping up.

Mirror

West Ham 'eye Memphis Depay' as Dimitri Payet's replacement

By Liam Corless

West Ham are reportedly interested in ending Memphis Depay's Manchester United nightmare.

Jose Mourinho is keen to offload the Dutchman before the end of this month's transfer window after handing him just one start all season.

The 22-year-old has been a supreme disappointment since joining United from PSV Eindhoven in 2015.

Lyon had a bid rejected for United on Thursday and now Khaled Karouri, a journalist for French outlet Foot Mercato, is claiming West Ham have joined the race to land Depay.

Telegraph/Sun

Chelsea to make shock £40 million Dimitri Payet move

Chelsea are to make a shock move for West Ham star Dimitri Payet in the January window, reveals The Sun.

Payet has stunned everyone by going on strike in a bid to force a move away from West Ham, with Marseille openly hopeful of luring the midfielder back to France.

However, The Sun suggests Antonio Conte will bid for the 29-year-old after missing out on Bayern Munich's Arturo Vidal.

Hammers boss Slaven Bilic yesterday revealed that Payet is refusing to pull on a West Ham shirt ever again after a £20 million bid from Marseille was rejected, but they are under no pressure to sell after handing the Frenchman a lucrative £125,000-a-week deal until 2021 less than a year ago.

Conte is sitting on a substantial war chest following the sale of Oscar to China and will, we are told, offer £40 million.

• Like 1

Im gonna keep doing this wether any f**ker reads it or not :lol:

Saturday January the 14th

Chelsea striker Diego Costa, 28, could be on his way to China in an £80m move after his agent Jorge Mendes was pictured with the president of Tianjin Quanjian. (London Evening Standard)

The Blues' top scorer, who has complained of a back injury in recent days, has reportedly been offered £576,000 per week, which would make him the second highest paid footballer in the world after Shanghai Shenua's Carlos Tevez. (Daily Express)

Dimitri Payet has threatened to feign injury if West Ham order him to play, while manager Slavan Bilic is looking to spend £20m to fill the gap with Swansea midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson, 27. (Daily Express)

Meanwhile, Hammers boss Bilic is convinced the crisis will bring out the best in the rest of his players at home to Crystal Palace on Saturday. (Daily Star)

Real Madrid and Colombia forward James Rodriguez, 25, also represented by Jorge Mendes, is another player who could move to Tianjin Quanjian. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has ruled out a January move for club captain John Terry, 36, after the former England international was linked with a loan move to Bournemouth. (Guardian)

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho is set to trigger a one-year extension in 26-year-old goalkeeper David de Gea's contract. (Sun)

Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs believes Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 35, has the same "aura" about him as another Old Trafford favourite - Eric Cantona.(Telegraph)

West Brom manager Tony Pulis has "no idea" whether 23-year-old striker Saido Berahino will sign a new contract at The Hawthorns. (Talksport)

Hull would consider selling Scotland winger Robert Snodgrass for £10m, despite the 29-year-old being their top goalscorer this season. (Bleacher Report)

Any interest from Arsenal and West Ham in 22-year-old France striker M'Baye Niang will be rebuffed by AC Milan. (Gazzetta dello Sport, in Italian)

New Everton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 27, chose the Merseyside club because they have ambitions to be a Champions League club.(Talksport)

Struggling striker Vincent Janssen, 22, "needs love" to become a success at Tottenham, according to manager Mauricio Pochettino. (London Evening Standard)

Watford manager Walter Mazzarri's job is under threat after a run of just one win in eight games. (Daily Mirror)

Everton's move for Algeria and Standard Liege forward Ishak Belfodil, 25, has been delayed. (Liverpool Echo)

Leicester have agreed a deal to sign Middlesbrough and Uruguay midfielder Gaston Ramirez, 26. (Gazzetta dello Sport, via Leicester Mercury)

Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez has said 30-year-old Ivory Coast midfielder Cheick Tiote's seven-year stay on Tyneside is close to an end. (Northern Echo)

Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce wants Barnsley captain Conor Hourihane, 25. (Daily Mail)

Midfielder Tom Cleverley, 27, moved to Watford from Everton on loan because he wants to "feel like a real footballer again". (Talksport)

And finally

Colombian pop star Shakira wants her boyfriend, 29-year-old Spain defender Gerard Pique, to quit Barcelona so that the couple can move to London. (Don Balon, via Daily Express)

Sunderland manager David Moyes has described winger Jeremain Lens as a "disgrace" after the player, currently on loan at Fenerbahce, said it would be "easier" for him if the Black Cats were relegated this season. (Daily Mail)

• Like 2

Sunday the 15th of January

Diego Costa's Chelsea team-mates have urged the 28-year-old striker to apologise over the dispute that saw him left out of Saturday's 3-0 win at Leicester. (Telegraph)

The Brazil-born Spain international has told friends he has no interest in moving to China, despite rumours of a lucrative offer. (ESPN)

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is interested in replacing Costa with Real Madrid's 24-year-old Spain forward Alvaro Morata. (Sun)

The Premier League leaders will try to sign Bayern Munich forward Thomas Muller, 27, for £75m if Costa leaves Chelsea. (Sunday Express)

Blues owner Roman Abramovich is adamant Costa will stay at Stamford Bridge. (Daily Mirror)

Chinese Super League side Shandong Luneng are interested in signing Manchester United's 31-year-old England winger Ashley Young. (Sun)

Liverpool want to sign Southampton's 33-year-old Portugal centre-back Jose Fonte and may offer their 26-year-old France defender Mamadou Sakho in exchange. (Daily Mirror)

Paris St-Germain are interested in signing Chelsea's 23-year-old Belgium striker Michy Batshuayi. (L'Equipe - in French)

The French club also want to sign 26-year-old Crystal Palace striker Christian Benteke. (Express)

Manchester City are considering making a £20m bid for Tottenham's 23-year-old Wales left-back Ben Davies. (Sun)

West Ham co-chairman David Sullivan says the club will not be selling 29-year-old attacking midfielder Dimitri Payet in the January transfer window. (Guardian)

At a meeting between Payet's representatives and club officials, a sale at the end of the season was not ruled out. (Sunday Times - subscription required)

Marseille would be willing to loan France international Payet back to West Ham for the rest of the season if the Hammers agree to sell this month. (Daily Mail)

Aston Villa hope to sign Middlesbrough striker Jordan Rhodes, 26, on a permanent deal. However, the Premier League club want £10m for the player. (Birmingham Mail)

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho believes midfielder Paul Pogba, 23, can have the same impact as Frank Lampard had at Chelsea. (Sunday Times - subscription required)

Nottingham Forest are likely to reject any future Derby offers for 26-year-old midfielder Henri Lansbury now that negotiations over a potential US takeover have come to nothing. (Nottingham Post)

Brazilian club Corinthians hope to sign 38-year-old former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba. (Globo.com - in Portuguese)

Newcastle are considering re-signing 25-year-old England winger Andros Townsend from Crystal Palace. (Daily Mail)

Newcastle want to sign Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney, 25, despite the London club valuing the player at £20m. (Newcastle Chronicle)

Middlesbrough manager Aitor Karanka suggested he would like to re-sign Patrick Bamford after the 23-year-old striker's loan spell at Burnley was ended by parent club Chelsea. (Evening Gazette)

Former Liverpool and Manchester United midfielder Paul Ince is in contention to become the new England Under-21 manager. (Mirror)

@Big Boss

Bilic is also chasing an £8m deal for versatile Ajax defender Joel Veltman.

He knows he must shore up a backline that has become increasingly porous, and has swooped for the Dutch international.

Veltman, 24, is a two-time winner of the Eredivisie with the Amsterdam club and has been capped 13 times by his country.

He has just 18 months to run on his contract and his ability to play either at right-back or centre-half will be a big bonus for Bilic.

• Like 2

Veltman can indeed play quite well at both CB and RB, feel CB is his most natural position. Could be a decent signing for you, and wouldnt be too big a loss for us as we have replacements for both positions.

2 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Veltman can indeed play quite well at both CB and RB, feel CB is his most natural position. Could be a decent signing for you, and wouldnt be too big a loss for us as we have replacements for both positions.

is it being discused in holland boss?

chances of it happening?

Just now, spragga said:

is it being discused in holland boss?

chances of it happening?

just from the British link, if i see more reliable talk ill give you a shout :) 

• Like 1

i will not let this die!!!

Tuesday the 17th of January

Manchester City have held talks with Barcelona over a £100m move for Argentina forward Lionel Messi, 29. (Sun)

City will give Guardiola £250m to spend in order to turn the club into champions again. (Daily Star)

Guardiola will be in the market for a new goalkeeper this summer, as pressure continues to grow on Claudio Bravo, 33. (Daily Mail)

Chelsea striker Diego Costa, 28, interests both Barcelona and his former club Atletico Madrid. (Independent)

Blues boss Antonio Conte has no plans to hold clear-the-air talks with Costa, and the Spain forward will have this week to prove he warrants a recall. (Guardian)

Costa will effectively be ending his career if he moves to the Chinese Super League, according to former Blues player and assistant manager Ray Wilkins. (Sky Sports)

West Ham's France forward Dimitri Payet, 29, is prepared to take a pay cut in order to return to his former club Marseille, says French journalist Julien Laurens. (BBC Radio 5 live)

Lyon have had an improved £13m bid for 22-year-old Dutch forward Memphis Depay rejected by Manchester United. (Daily Mail)

Manchester United are among several top European clubs monitoring 16-year-old Flamengo forward Vinicius Junior. The Red Devils have already been rebuffed in one attempt to secure first option on him. (Independent)

The Old Trafford club are also tracking Celtic's 19-year-old left-back Kieran Tierney. (Daily Mirror)

The Football Association is taking active steps towards bringing in retrospective bans for players who dive. (Times)

Middlesbrough are on the verge of completing the £5m signing of Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford, 23, recently recalled to Stamford Bridge from a season-long loan at Burnley.(Northern Echo)

Brazilian side Flamengo are considering a move for Chelsea's versatile left-sided player Kenedy. The 20-year-old joined Chelsea in 2015 from Fluminense and made 20 appearances last season.(ESPN Brazil, via Daily Express)

West Ham and Sunderland are interested in Leeds striker Chris Wood, 25, but have been put off by the Championship club's £15m valuation.(ESPN)

West Brom's hopes of signing Manchester City midfielder Fabian Delph, 27, appear over with Pep Guardiola keen to keep the former Aston Villa midfielder.(Birmingham Mail)

Middlesbrough will reluctantly sell Gaston Ramirez to Leicester for £10m and replace him with Stoke's Bojan. The two 26-year-old attacking midfielders are both keen on moves.(Sun)

Swansea City have been linked with a loan move for former Chelsea winger Gael Kakuta, 25, who is playing for Chinese side Hebei China Fortune.(L'Equipe)

Manager Sam Allardyce has confirmed Crystal Palace have reached an agreement with Arsenal for 24-year-old full-back Carl Jenkinson.(Evening Standard)

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has no intention of sending 19-year-old winger Sheyi Ojo out on loan. Championship leaders Newcastle are one of a number of clubs interested.(Liverpool Echo)

Ex-Liverpool striker John Aldridge has criticised Manchester United's playing style against his former club on Sunday, saying it showed a "lack of class".(Liverpool Echo)

Christian Benteke's agent says the 26-year-old striker's focus is entirely on Crystal Palace, despite reports linking the Belgium international with Paris St-Germain.(Evening Standard)

Hull City have made an enquiry for 29-year-old Fenerbahce striker Emmanuel Emenike, who spent part of last season on loan at West Ham.(Turkish-Football.com)

West Brom boss Tony Pulis says his transfer budget is "pretty tight and rigid" in the January transfer window.(Birmingham Mail)

Watford are close to signing Fiorentina's ex-Birmingham, West Ham and QPR striker Mauro Zarate, 29, on loan.(Daily Mirror)

Paris St-Germain right-back Serge Aurier, 24, says he is not paying attention to recent transfer rumours linking him with clubs including Barcelona.(ESPN)

And finally

Tottenham have offered an academy scholarship to manager Mauricio Pochettino's 15-year-old son. (Daily Mail)

On seeing former Leicester midfielder N'Golo Kante arrive back as a Chelsea player, Foxes boss Claudio Ranieri put the midfielder in a headlock. (Metro)

Guardian Rumour Mill

Paul Doyle

The most notable thing that Radamel Falcao did during his season at Chelsea was get a haircut but now the Colombian could be about to have a big impact on the Londoners’ title bid. Because word is that he’s the subject of a cashalicious offer from Tianjin Quanjian, the club who recently spurred Diego Costa’s sudden interest in Chinese culture. So far Monaco have rejected Tianjin’s advances but if that offer were to be increased and Falcao were to accept, then Chelsea’s life could be made a little easier and Costa would have to perform the most embarrassing climb-down since Peter Odemwingie went back to West Brom claiming he’d only gone to Loftus Road to find out why there’s a dental practice near the stadium called Batman.

Meanwhile in Manchester, Pep Guardiola is preparing to confound his doubters by staging a public spoon-bending show before next weekend’s defeat by Spurs. He has already wowed his employers by describing in meticulous detail how he intends to restore Manchester City to the position of dominance that they fleetingly occupied. All he needs to implement it is time, understanding, and another £250m, give or take the world record signing of Lionel Messi.

Manchester United, meanwhile, continue to ready themselves for the arrival of Antoine Griezmann, though the deal won’t be done until the summer. Atletico Madrid will try to replace the Frenchman with their old mucker Diego Costa, who by then could be sporting a new Premier League winner’s medal around his necks or imprints of several boots on his arse. Michy Batshuayi, meanwhile, will be jumping up and down trying to remind everyone at Stamford Bridge of his presence, although someone at Chelsea does appear to be aware that he is there because they rejected inquiries about him from Paris Saint-Germain.

United are also keen to buy the left-back Kieran Tierney from Celtic. Brendan Rodgers is eager to hold on to the player at least until the Scottish Premier League title is secured. So a deal could be done at any moment. It may take United longer to secure 16-year-old Vinicius Junior, the Flamengo forward who has been dubbed ‘the new Neymar’, possibly by his
agent, or possibly by his mates in the playground.

United are also keen to duke it out with Arsenal for the services of the Greek defender Kostas Manolas, who’s currently at Roma.
James McCarthy could be set to revive his career at Sunderland, or just move there. Ronald Koeman has let the midfielder know his future lies away from Goodison Park and is hopeful that if the Republic of Ireland international goes to Sunderland, then that could facilitate Everton’s attempt to prise Lamine Koné away from the Stadium of Light. Sunderland and West Ham are also pursuing after the Leeds United striker Chris Wood but so far neither has offered anywhere near enough to persuade the promotion-chasing club to let him go.

Middlesbrough are close to bringing Patrick Bamford back to their place for good. Swansea City fancy a bit of Gaël Kakuta, who’s been a hot prospect for the best part of a decade.

And here’s a game to play with your friends: see who can name every player to
have played for Watford this season. If you wait until after next weekend
you may have to include Mauro Zárate, because the Hornets are said to be on his case.

• Like 1