Goat261

STAY BACK!!!!

19 posts in this topic

This was discussed in the past and wondered if anyone found a solution?

Im talking about your midfield pushing right up onto the oppositions 18 yard line when they have a goal kick. Making it easy for them to kick it to a free man on the halfway line.

I play 4231 and sometimes my CF, SMFs, AMF, CMF and DMF are all around the box, thats 6 players! leaving me with literally no midfield during their goal kicks, when i should have 5. Then other times the teams shape is as it should be, clearly set up as 4231. Without me changing tactics or anything, seems to be completely random from game to game

2 people like this

They apparently patched this, but still happens for me.

Me too, playing 4312 .

I think its because FLP is on, happens to me too, my deepest cdm partey is at cf then, i pull him back and other player tries to go there. Allout def i think it dont happen

3 people like this

Yeah I play 3-5-2 and sometimes my DMF is right outside the opposition box when they are taking a GK.

Usually push the defensive line back manually or select the player myself to move him back.

Very annoying as I've lost a couple goals due to this.

i thought it was an indicator of playing front line pressure? i assume you all play it?

Just now, rambovanhardnut said:

i thought it was an indicator of playing front line pressure? i assume you all play it?

Only happens sometimes 

Most of the time my team fall back into a flat 442 

I have no idea

Happens to me, my DMF is standing next to my CF

Konami said they had fixed it lol

Also happened for me all of last season on AOD. Darren Fletcher, my anchor man DMF, would stand on the edge of the box having a stare off with the GK.

2 people like this

On the tactics screen/game plan I heard that using preset formations but then then moving players around manually can have an effect on how the Cpu acts. For example I Changed Napoli's default 433 to a 442 by moving the players in to positions I wanted manually instead of selecting from the preset formations

1 person likes this

Just now, Bridgey said:

On the tactics screen/game plan I heard that using preset formations but then then moving players around manually can have an effect on how the Cpu acts. For example I Changed Napoli's default 433 to a 442 by moving the players in to positions I wanted manually instead of selecting from the preset formations

Seems plausible 

Doesn't happen to me, I play all out defence though.  Maybe it's a front line pressure thing? 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Bridgey said:

Ye I've actually heard this as well 

So if you move a winger to cmf, he would still act like a winger when of the ball 

I use a completely standard 4312 frm the default tactics though

I'll try aod out but can't see it being that as it only happens sporadically 

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Rdotman said:

Ye I've actually heard this as well 

So if you move a winger to cmf, he would still act like a winger when of the ball 

I use a completely standard 4312 frm the default tactics though

I'll try aod out but can't see it being that as it only happens sporadically 

And if you add fluid formation into the mix. I love the idea of fluid formation but in reality I don't think it works if your going from extremes i. E 433 to 451 or 532

I believe it is the formation you select initially. My DMF used to wander, I used 442 as a starting point, and adapted to 433 moving one CF to a DMF role. Seemed to f**k it up. Then chose 433 basic formation and moved it a round a bit, seemend to work.

Fluid doesn't work. The game is designed so that, defensively, if you pull someone out of position then he gets covered accordingly. So if you pick someone who moves during the fluid transition I think it messes it up because of that.

36 minutes ago, Bridgey said:

And if you add fluid formation into the mix. I love the idea of fluid formation but in reality I don't think it works if your going from extremes i. E 433 to 451 or 532

The only time I have any relative success with fluid formation was where I only changed one players Position 

My SS dropping to an AMF when out of possession (ljajic) so essentially turning a 4411 into a 451 

Fluid formation worked very well for me with multiple changes. I had a 5-3-2 that became a 3-4-3 SBs to SMFs, DMFs to CMFs and AMF to SS. Had no problems with it, think you've just got to be sensible with the distances you move the players.

Lost 1 (laggy) game using a fluid formation for the whole of season 9. None of the default positions actually changed though, just very slight movements.

Haven't really tried it on this game