Lisoti

Why are people afraid to use manual keeping?

ok before I get into it, I must admit that PES 2016 was absolutly a horrorshow to control ur keeper manually.

Keeper would punch the ball in own goal while clearing or get caught in the net for no reason ( @Kitchengun206 was loving it  :fist: )

BUT

2017 feels waaaay better! While everybody was getting high tower defenders to save those damn headers, I was looking at my keeper skills.

Catching , clearing.. all attributes to beat corners or crosses!

Just like any other manual control it takes propper practice before you get the hang of it, but when you do, there are certain situations you will automatically switch to manual to beat the strikers :D

Hopefully in 2018 the keepers control and reaction will get better and better so that one-on-one situations will be more balanced hehe

So come guys, lets go manual keeping! Especially the 'manual' players gnagnagna

I agree mate. Would be interesting to see @RiQ1987 going FULL manual  :evil:

• Like 2

Going to try and practice a bit. I sometimes switch when I feel a R2 bumcurler is coming, but I dont have any idea what I am doing. Switching saved @LAM09 his ass against me, proper mindfck aswell ha.

• Like 2

I do sometimes use it at corners if I know they are aiming for the big guy 

Just now, Brizzle said:

I do sometimes use it at corners if I know they are aiming for the big guy 

I love it when lads do that to me. I just curl the f**ker into the net :lol:

I think its a bit cheaty as the manual keeper can be a bit unstoppable at times. 

It should be outlawed and dropped for PES 2018. 

• Like 1

I don't think it should be in the game. On pes2014 it was the worst exploit there was imo. Think it cheapens the game. 

Saying that, the exception for me is corners. I think it's a good feature for that, maybe even crosses tbf. Just shouldn't be there for one on ones imo. 

23 minutes ago, RiQ1987 said:

Going to try and practice a bit. I sometimes switch when I feel a R2 bumcurler is coming, but I dont have any idea what I am doing. Switching saved @LAM09 his ass against me, proper mindfck aswell ha.

Defo a mindf**k when someone does it in 1 on 1 situation  :lol:

Ive used it a good few times but never save it lol. I also love it when someone does it from corners, much easier to score. 

14 minutes ago, ParrishJ said:

I don't think it should be in the game. On pes2014 it was the worst exploit there was imo. Think it cheapens the game. 

Saying that, the exception for me is corners. I think it's a good feature for that, maybe even crosses tbf. Just shouldn't be there for one on ones imo. 

its loads easier to score if someone does it if you actually take your time attacking. it f**ks up the people who go for the same corner every time with a bum curler as i personally run away towards that corner.

• Like 1

Lol now this is an exploit to some

Seen manual players vids on here using the L2 directional arrows,ppl using R2 constantly, ppl using pa2 and 3, ppl crossing all the time,chipped through ball constantly (my personal boiler of p**s) 

No one is strictly organic 

Everyone on here adheres to a certain level of hypocrisy 

What level pookeynoodle your at is another matter 

@Big Boss preemptive strike my good man,bound to get messy

• Like 1

Find scoring against a manually controller keeper so easy.

Especially when @Buff05 tries to bring the GK out at a corner and I just curl it straight in the net :sneaky1::lol: 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RiQ1987 said:

How is manual keeper OP? Might be true, I just dont see it? Could you elaborate @BenStatman amd @ParrishJ?

Wouldn't call it OP on this as far as I've seen and haven't seen many people use it. Back on pes14 it was a game breaker on mlo, it was insanely OP. My main gripes with it is just how stupid it looks, the keeper gets taken control of and runs in circles while the player is getting him under control.

It also lessens the joy of the game being a footy sim where everyone is essentially on an even playing field, as it requires skill to do that 99% people won't learn. 

But ive barely seen it on this game, granted I don't venture far out of PEN. So would hardly call it a big issue, just don't like it and would prefer it be removed 

27 minutes ago, Sami3lungs said:

Lol now this is an exploit to some

Seen manual players vids on here using the L2 directional arrows,ppl using R2 constantly, ppl using pa2 and 3, ppl crossing all the time,chipped through ball constantly (my personal boiler of p**s) 

No one is strictly organic 

Everyone on here adheres to a certain level of hypocrisy 

What level pookeynoodle your at is another matter 

@Big Boss preemptive strike my good man,bound to get messy

Ha, that is me. I dont use it for shooting or passing tho. I should switch it off really. I use L2 to override AI in some situations, thats why my arrow pops up. Again its never for aiming, check my goals.

16 minutes ago, RiQ1987 said:

Ha, that is me. I dont use it for shooting or passing tho. I should switch it off really. I use L2 to override AI in some situations, thats why my arrow pops up. Again its never for aiming, check my goals.

Its okay, N00bs are allowed to use the arrow :lol:

• Like 1

Manual keeping is OP?

What is the world coming too.

If you want to talk exploits lets discuss shooting. If people stopped doing that vs me I would win more :shifty:

Manual is still assisted. 

Discuss. 

Just now, BenStatman said:

Discuss. 

Yes it is.

4 minutes ago, BenStatman said:

Discuss. 

It is, and manual shooting is OP when you  have practiced enough 

• Like 1

I learnt the other day that some "top" players use auto feint and auto slide. :shootme:

1 minute ago, Rdotman said:

It is, and manual shooting is OP when you  have practiced enough 

Manual shooting seems to override some of the superhuman keeping on this game. The shots just fly right past them. I should probably learn how to do this :g: 

1 minute ago, BenStatman said:

Manual shooting seems to override some of the superhuman keeping on this game. The shots just fly right past them. I should probably learn how to do this :g: 

Save manual shooting with manual keeper. :up: (bringing it back on topic!)

36 minutes ago, ParrishJ said:

Wouldn't call it OP on this as far as I've seen and haven't seen many people use it. Back on pes14 it was a game breaker on mlo, it was insanely OP. My main gripes with it is just how stupid it looks, the keeper gets taken control of and runs in circles while the player is getting him under control.

It also lessens the joy of the game being a footy sim where everyone is essentially on an even playing field, as it requires skill to do that 99% people won't learn. 

But ive barely seen it on this game, granted I don't venture far out of PEN. So would hardly call it a big issue, just don't like it and would prefer it be removed 

Yeah I just think it is an unnatural implementation. 

Why on earth did Konami implement different assist methods? Just make everyone play with the same system, that would be a true simulation.