BirdPersonC137

CB well outside the box on corners

13 posts in this topic

As the title says. I was playing a league game against @Buff05 and Caulker, by far my biggest and most competent man in the air, was well outside the box doing god knows what. Switching to him and trying to get him in was not fast enough. Any idea why this is happening? I tested it a bit in a different game and it was my other CB that was hiding outside the box, which is somewhat more acceptable but not ideal. Frustrating way to give up goals and was wondering if any of you guys had any ideas on how to prevent poor positioning like this?

Possibly a stupid question but needs eliminating as a possibility was the CB set to mark someone who wasn't in the area?

There was another thread:

There was the midfield out of position...but maybe the solution is the same for your problem ;)

Seen this too, mainly on Myclub 

Another stupid question but you have selected for him to go up for corners? 

5 hours ago, ClaretMatt said:

Possibly a stupid question but needs eliminating as a possibility was the CB set to mark someone who wasn't in the area?

3 hours ago, BenStatman said:

Another stupid question but you have selected for him to go up for corners? 

Not set to mark anyone and not set to "join attack" either. 

Just now, BirdPersonC137 said:

Not set to mark anyone and not set to "join attack" either. 

Did you create your own formation or use one of the templates? ie. When creating your game plan could the CB have been a CMF/RMF/CF that you converted to a CB

Press left in the D-pad to open options, then press right for zonal. :up:

2 hours ago, Clarkof said:

Press left in the D-pad to open options, then press right for zonal. :up:

Yeah buff pointed out that this would help but honestly a lot of people take their corners so quickly it's a dangerous move. 

3 hours ago, ClaretMatt said:

Did you create your own formation or use one of the templates? ie. When creating your game plan could the CB have been a CMF/RMF/CF that you converted to a CB

Unlikely, I start with formations with 4 at the back and modify. 

4 minutes ago, BirdPersonC137 said:

Yeah buff pointed out that this would help but honestly a lot of people take their corners so quickly it's a dangerous move. 

This is what i do when defending the first corner as well as quickly selecting my CB and positioning him manually, for every corner afterwards they will be positioned zonally. Not sure if its the same for everyone, but when i use zonal both my CBs are positioned in the 6 yard box. Just were you want them to be

2 people like this

25 minutes ago, Goat261 said:

This is what i do when defending the first corner as well as quickly selecting my CB and positioning him manually, for every corner afterwards they will be positioned zonally. Not sure if its the same for everyone, but when i use zonal both my CBs are positioned in the 6 yard box. Just were you want them to be

I didn't realize it would affect the future corners. This seems like the best solution. 

1 person likes this