ParrishJ

My PES 2018 Review

57 posts in this topic

Very happy about the square pressing, good read, thanks alot @ParrishJ

2 people like this

Good write up. Shame about the passing still being too assisted and seems like crosses are still an issue from footage going around.

1 person likes this

Great and insightful write up @ParrishJ  

cant wait to get my hands on the beta. 

1 person likes this

Great stuff parrish, will give this a good read tomorrow. glanced through a bit of it and sounds good...apart from "Non dom leg usage" Who comes up with these things :lol:

1 person likes this

Thanks for the review m8 @ParrishJ

1 person likes this

Frillypink one mate. Looking forward to the beta now.

1 person likes this

Top quality write-up @ParrishJ.

Really interested to see how manual pans out. Hopefully the auto-switching is a lot more responsive and hits the right player all of the time.

1 person likes this

Wow!

Gonna read this all weekend - love the preview excellent job mate! :up:

1 person likes this

Excellent read mate, the secondary cursor and square pressing are real positives. And I like the idea of having to move the player to header the ball. I do this defensively now but seems pointless and ineffective when attacking headers are so overpowered and assisted.

Only mistake I saw was in the GK section the second line should read "They performed great" instead of "the performed great". :up: @ParrishJ

2 people like this

The secondary cursor thing sounds great. Makes you think, why hasn't that been thought of before?! :lol: 

1 person likes this

Konami rent boy  

:beat1off:

2 people like this

Only messing, very interesting and well written review mate. All aboard the hype train once again. 

The videos I have seen I am still seeing the same types of goals we having been seeing for years. I want more variation and better shot dynamics, more kicking animations etc. 

I think you wrote the demo is out on the 11th, when its the 20th 

Good s**t Parrish, i hope you had a good s**t....and its still there now in its glory, waiting for Klopp to walk in haha

great read that mate, love the sound of the 2nd cursor, and also the manic pressing not making tackles, which imo makes some games a joke.

passing sounds good also

Just now, spragga said:

Good s**t Parrish, i hope you had a good s**t....and its still there now in its glory, waiting for Klopp to walk in haha

great read that mate, love the sound of the 2nd cursor, and also the manic pressing not making tackles, which imo makes some games a joke.

passing sounds good also

The manic pressing is like the end chase from Benny Hill show sometimes but without the lovely ladies :lol:

2 people like this

What about the tik tak playing style mate? 

At the moment @ParrishJ   Front Line Pressure/aggressive pressing also CPU tackles in a similar way than square tackles now,  did you notice if either of these auto-tackled like they do now? 

7 hours ago, MB 11 said:

The secondary cursor thing sounds great. Makes you think, why hasn't that been thought of before?! :lol: 

Yea that's what I was saying. So simple

1 person likes this

good stuff man, love the dribbling bit! my favourite part of PES! The secondary cursor is amazing also.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Havent read the whole review yet so this may have already been answered under the dribbling section of the review. But did you find dribbling to be overpowered? @ParrishJ

Seen a few videos and looks a little worrying how easy the likes of neymar are dribbling through the entire Dortmund defence. The positive of that, is that dribbling looks much more fluid and responsive now. Just hope its balanced with defenders being as responsive

Edited by Goat261

22 minutes ago, Goat261 said:

Havent read the whole review yet so this may have already been answered under the dribbling section of the review. But did you find dribbling to be overpowered? @ParrishJ

Seen a few videos and looks a little worrying how easy the likes of neymar are dribbling through the entire Dortmund defence. The positive of that, is that dribbling looks much more fluid and responsive now. Just hope its balanced with defenders being as responsive

we need dribbling to be responsive so when these bums press square you can waltz around them. i used to love doing it to pressure whores. keep them on their toes.....although you like a bit of pressure yourself......lol (only jesting sir)

6 hours ago, ParrishJ said:

Yea that's what I was saying. So simple

ha, will it be though...you will be surprised. even if you know f**k ups will be made...cant wait to spend 6 months perfecting it though.

On 24 June 2017 at 0:30 AM, rambovanhardnut said:

very happy about the square pressing, good read. thanks alot @ParrishJ

You use it enough 

1 person likes this