Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wheresmark

PS Access review

5 posts in this topic

The  FIFA bum boys do their yearly review

Some great comments they mention in this.

Highlights

• They've been working on this one for 3 years apparently
  • Biggest change to the game over the last few years
  • Pace of the game is slowed down
  • Reactions are now seemless, you don't have to think advance what you will have to do while PES catches up 
  • Ball and player seem different entities more than ever
  • Big tall physical players are better to use? (Think this is their unpes'y opinion)

On 06/26/2017 at 3:21 PM, wheresmark said:

The  FIFA bum boys do their yearly review

Only one of them is a FIFA bum. The other is a PES loyalist. But I love their previews/reviews anyway. In this case, the FIFA bum is won over, which is always fun to see imo

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Janguv said:

Only one of them is a FIFA bum. The other is a PES loyalist. But I love their previews/reviews anyway. In this case, the FIFA bum is won over, which is always fun to see imo

I remember watching it last year and he was impressed aswell.  Which is fair, PES16 has been very good

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, wheresmark said:

I remember watching it last year and he was impressed aswell.  Which is fair, PES16 has been very good

Yup. (I take it you meant 2017, btw, which is technically the 16th release lol.)

It's funny when you look back at old previews and reviews. I feel that game journos too readily succumb to Bhatti's hype lines. This year, they're all saying it's a radical change -- which Bhatti keeps saying (3 years in the making, completely new feel, etc.) -- but when you look back at how they were describing the changes in 2017, they were using the same terms. "Passing feels wonderful, keepers are fixed, etc."

So we definitely have to take the hype with a pinch of salt. I like that @ParrishJ didn't go wild in his early-code review, for this reason.

1 person likes this