wheresmark

What the form numbers means to your arrows #experiment

23 posts in this topic

#Gay  Hate hashtags

We all love a blue arrow, we all hate a red arrow.   

But what does that magic player form number actually do, here's a little experiment to find out. 

Article here  - http://proevonetwork.com/latest-news/item/395-player-form-rating-arrow-correlation  

Quick info is here; 

2yxjhad.jpg

2 people like this

Exactly why my favourite players are Form 5.

Best blend of Good Arrows at the cost of a seemingly and reasonably lower chance of bad arrows i.e worth the risk.

7 form looks good too but experience with Alexis Sanchez last season was that he was always on a safe arrow - i.e very rarely off form, very rarely on form.

Cheers for taking the time - will read the article.

12 minutes ago, Sunzibad said:

Exactly why my favourite players are Form 5.

Best blend of Good Arrows at the cost of a seemingly and reasonably lower chance of bad arrows i.e worth the risk.

7 form looks good too but experience with Alexis Sanchez last season was that he was always on a safe arrow - i.e very rarely off form, very rarely on form.

Cheers for taking the time - will read the article.

Form 2 and 3 are surprisingly good aswell.  I'd rather have a 2 or 3 than a 4 or 5 basing on that section of 20 games.  But would need more games to experiment really to make a safer assumption. 

5 minutes ago, wheresmark said:

Form 2 and 3 are surprisingly good aswell.  I'd rather have a 2 or 3 than a 4 or 5 basing on that section of 20 games.  But would need more games to experiment really to make a safer assumption. 

Yeah  but in reality a Form 2 or 3 could well miss a few games on the bounce - with 5 (my preferred rating) the player is at least usable more often than not.

Always come back to it but Lemina played 3 games out of 10 for me with 3 Form and your results kinda back that up.

Yeah course, it's a small sample size but it's still indicative and consistent with my experiences of Form using 3,4,5,6 rated players and 7 and 8 rated players in myClub since Live Updates stopped.

1 person likes this

My CF Charles has form 5 and i can´t remember him in bad form. :g:

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Clarkof said:

My CF Charles has form 5 and i can´t remember him in bad form. :g:

How was Balo?

I love Form 5 - Lautaro Acosta is form 5 and he is very dependable, helps tgat he can also play many positions = a good combo.

Edited by Sunzibad

4 minutes ago, Sunzibad said:

Yeah  but in reality a Form 2 or 3 could well miss a few games on the bounce - with 5 (my preferred rating) the player is at least usable more often than not.

Always come back to it but Lemina played 3 games out of 10 for me with 3 Form and your results kinda back that up.

Yeah course, it's a small sample size but it's still indicative and consistent with my experiences of Form using 3,4,5,6 rated players and 7 and 8 rated players in myClub since Live Updates stopped.

Yeah definitely. The form 6 seems to definitely be the consistent number.  I'm abit of a gambler, so having that extra chance of a good arrow makes me hard tbf, I won't be scared of form 2's and 3's anymore 

The gathered data is so low, im melting 

Anyway, I hate when my CB is blue, cant stand those forward runs. 

Just now, Sunzibad said:

How was Balo?

In 10 games 8 in bad... 

1 person likes this

I have Pedro Santos with form 7 and sometimes he´s in bad form. My players that are always on form are: Braahfeid and Charles. Braafheid maybe a 9 in 10 is on form, but Charles, like i said, can´t remember him in bad form... 

1 minute ago, wheresmark said:

Yeah definitely. The form 6 seems to definitely be the consistent number.  I'm abit of a gambler, so having that extra chance of a good arrow makes me hard tbf, I won't be scared of form 2's and 3's anymore 

Yeah 6 felt like it was on the safer side, my LB has 6 Form and he's a bit of a steady-Eddy. Never on or off form but always playing.

I wouldn't not use a 3 Form but, personally, it wouldn't be someone I rely on - someone I'd love with a big squad not necessarily with 18 or 19... that's just me though.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Clarkof said:

In 10 games 8 in bad... 

Yeah. Reminds me of Lemina. Amazing when he played but never played.

1 minute ago, Sunzibad said:

Yeah. Reminds me o Lemina. Amazing when he played but never played.

Weird though because form 3 in this looks like 3 or 4 bad games out of 10. 

If you notice aswell, your teams tends to be on form together or off form together, but that could be coincidental 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, wheresmark said:

Weird though because form 3 in this looks like 3 or 4 bad games out of 10. 

Sample sizes perhaps?

Like Clarky said with Balo, he barely used him in 10 games.

Just now, Sunzibad said:

Sample sizes perhaps?

Like Clarky said with Balo, he barely used him in 10 games.

I have Goulart though, and he definitely plays more than doesn't 

Just now, wheresmark said:

I have Goulart though, and he definitely plays more than doesn't 

Yeah you said.

Its weird because Acosta and Cardinale are both form 5 but Acosta seems to always play whereas I use my 2nd GK Carson alot - doesn't feel as though Cardinale is as consistent as Acosta.

I used Carson in my League game this evening for example.

1 minute ago, Sunzibad said:

Yeah you said.

Its weird because Acosta and Cardinale are both form 5 but Acosta seems to always play whereas I use my 2nd GK Carson alot - doesn't feel as though Cardinale is as consistent as Acosta.

I used Carson in my League game this evening for example.

Yeah sample size I think, Kanu is form 6 for me and always seems on good form more than the above suggests

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, wheresmark said:

Yeah sample size I think, Kanu is form 6 for me and always seems on good form more than the above suggests

Yeah sample for sure but its clear that higher the form safer the arrows.

I.e high form doesnt meant high arrows, just decreases chances of low arrows.

Low form = higher chance of down arrows but the increased possibilty that when not off-form the arrow will be a good one i.e better than just safe. If you've got the squad, why not.

Edited by Sunzibad

Something I did a few weeks back for my team:

Started a match and took a look at the form arrows. 1= worst, 5 = best

Only form values between 4 and 6 (are the common ones anyway). I didn't play the matches, so there may be a influence on the results. I just checked the form.

20 Players x 160 matches = 3200 form values

According to this I can't see a correlation between form value and form, but this is also the result of Wheresmarks form values in the areas of 4-6. Interesting is the result of Tuanzebe. The last 20 form values were observed at another day. Tuanzebe had a normal C form. If you look at Wheresmarks table one may say, that the lower form values may have a higher standard deviation. Would have to take a closer look at my values for that.

Form.PNG

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Recker said:

Something I did a few weeks back for my team:

Started a match and took a look at the form arrows. 1= worst, 5 = best

Only form values between 4 and 6 (are the common ones anyway). I didn't play the matches, so there may be a influence on the results. I just checked the form.

20 Players x 160 matches = 3200 form values

According to this I can't see a correlation between form value and form, but this is also the result of Wheresmarks form values in the areas of 4-6. Interesting is the result of Tuanzebe. The last 20 form values were observed at another day. Tuanzebe had a normal C form. If you look at Wheresmarks table one may say, that the lower form values may have a higher standard deviation. Would have to take a closer look at my values for that.

Form.PNG

You recorded 160 matches? :D hardcore! 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, wheresmark said:

You recorded 160 matches? :D hardcore! 

I wanted to know, if it's worth to buy/pay more for a high level form player. And I got my result: It's not. Did only around 40 initially, but there were always some interesting inconsistencies ;)

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, Recker said:

I wanted to know, if it's worth to buy/pay more for a high level form player. And I got my result: It's not. Did only around 40 initially, but there were always some interesting inconsistencies ;)

160 though!! :D Frillypink work