swinny

Formation help

23 posts in this topic

Since coming back to the site im leaking goals and cant settle on any sort of formation or tactics, just wondering would anyone have a look at my squad and maybe make a formation recommendation based on it . Fresh eyes might see something im missing.

http://pendb.proevonetwork.com/main/players?filter_Manager=293&sort=Overall_rating&order=d

Personally i'd play something like this with the personnel you have :

J1cIUqI09Ws1UAABe2LCkGA39U1zi0vElnnwgSz5

Think the 2 DMF'S will help strengthen the middle of the park if you are conceding too many, playing Snoddy as sole AMF should make him the focal point of your team and make the most of his key attributes as imo he's not pacey enough to play a wide midfield role. Even if by using him at AMF you then lose some of the pinpoint crossing potential. The lone CF is personal preference but i'd go with the more physical option of the 2 but either should work fine.

3 people like this

You like to play counter or with build up? Midlle or wide?

When i get home i will take a look and give my opinion. :up:

2 people like this

Just now, Clarkof said:

You like to play counter or with build up? Midlle or wide?

When i get home i will take a look and give my opinion. :up:

Ive always leaned towards counter but i dont find it as effective this year as in previous, probably wide .

Just now, swinny said:

Ive always leaned towards counter but i dont find it as effective this year as in previous, probably wide .

Have you tryed to copy some formations and tactics from other teams? Ex: Ajax, PSG, Sporting, Atlético Madrid. The formation and tactics from Lebanon are really good mate. Try it with your team.  :up:

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, ADRIAN83 said:

Think the 2 DMF'S will help strengthen the middle of the park if you are conceding too many, playing Snoddy as sole AMF should make him the focal point of your team and make the most of his key attributes as imo he's not pacey enough to play a wide midfield role. Even if by using him at AMF you then lose some of the pinpoint crossing potential. The lone CF is personal preference but i'd go with the more physical option of the 2 but either should work fine.

I tried something similar but neither huddlestone of gardner are true DMF'S and tend to wander hence my constant search for an Anchorman, but i will try again maybe need to give it more time.

Ive always liked two upfront but maybe i need to sacrifice one to stop leaking goals.

Just now, swinny said:

I think the squad you have lends itself to playing a possession based style with close support, your squad will not win a battle of speed but has bundles of technique so a short passing game seems the logical way to play. The suggestion I made earlier is dominated by very good passers across the midfield, if you prefer a counter attacking style i'd try and get some pace in my team and sacrifice a player or 2 mate.

Totally agree with you regarding the lack of a real DMF but with 2 it shouldn't be a huge problem unless you press them both out of position at the same time. I only use 1 DMF and it has to be an anchor man for it to work, so see where you are coming from for sure though.

With the 2 DMF's in my suggested team i'd see it as a positive if they rotate forward to make use of their power shooting, if you lose the ball then highlight the out of position DMF and run him back behind the ball rather than press with the deeper lying DMF and potentially leave gaps.

1 person likes this

Cheers mate what defensive instructions with this setup would you use.

Assuming you adopt a possession style i'd use FLP as winning the ball back quickly is key. If you keep the ball well enough then stamina should not be a problem.

You'd also want to force them to attack you through the middle as you have plenty of bodies to cut off the passing lanes.

I'm not an expert by any means though mate.

On 7/10/2017 at 6:16 PM, ADRIAN83 said:

Mate i have used this a few times now and all i cant say is thank you , it seems to uae the strengths of my team and allows enough attack going forward without leaving me to exposed at the back.

:up:

4 people like this

1 hour ago, swinny said:

Mate i have used this a few times now and all i cant say is thank you , it seems to uae the strengths of my team and allows enough attack going forward without leaving me to exposed at the back.

Excellent mate, hope it continues to help :D

You tryed Lebanon formation and tactics mate?

@swinny

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, swinny said:

You were definitely improved in our recent friendly mate :up:

7 minutes ago, Clarkof said:

You tryed Lebanon formation and tactics mate?

@swinny

Not yet mate but ill have a look now.

2 minutes ago, swinny said:

Not yet mate but ill have a look now.

Just looked they are nearly identical to the version of adrians tactics i created so i saved them a will go a good test :up:

Posted (edited)

If you want to go back to 442 during some games i would go with this lineup

01cIUqI09Ws1UAABe2LCkGA39U1zi1zpRMRwgzGP

and i advise saving Villarreals formation/tactics as well as Leicesters. Their formations should work well with your team. When using Villarreals just change one of the CMFs to DMFs if you are too attack minded. Or you could even make both DMFs if needed.

Think it would be good to have those two formations saved as well as your 4231. Start with the 4231 to have a solid base, then if you need a goal switch to one of the 442s

Edited by Goat261
2 people like this

Thanks for all the advice guys but ive while trying formations i copied Napoli's which is a formation i used ages ago and straight away it felt comfortable played 4 today and held my own even with my team the way it is so with a few changes i think it is the formation for me .

4 people like this

On 7/10/2017 at 6:28 PM, swinny said:

I tried something similar but neither huddlestone of gardner are true DMF'S and tend to wander hence my constant search for an Anchorman, but i will try again maybe need to give it more time.

Ive always liked two upfront but maybe i need to sacrifice one to stop leaking goals.

if the opposition plays an AMF (like most do) i find its good to set a DMF to man mark them, this stops them wondering out of position and stops their focal point from having space to play

8 hours ago, Goat261 said:

Frillypink one man, i think thats always the best way to go, find a team you like using online then just copy their formation/tactics, use that as the base, then just tweak it here and there if needed.
I did that on pes 2011 with Germany, altered the tactics a little to recreate Dortmunds style (my favourite team to watch at the time) and i still play that same formation/tactics 7 years later :lol:

actually made me think of pes 2011 tactics, wish they brought them back. You had different tactics for every minute of the match, for each scenario (winning, drawing, losing).

PES2011_gameplan_editmanager_bmp_jpgcopy

I used to love the old  tactics so many options .

58 minutes ago, TO Falcon said:

if the opposition plays an AMF (like most do) i find its good to set a DMF to man mark them, this stops them wondering out of position and stops their focal point from having space to play

Since i got baena i stuff use him to manmark the AMF as you do has helped alot.

8 hours ago, Goat261 said:

Frillypink one man, i think thats always the best way to go, find a team you like using online then just copy their formation/tactics, use that as the base, then just tweak it here and there if needed.
I did that on pes 2011 with Germany, altered the tactics a little to recreate Dortmunds style (my favourite team to watch at the time) and i still play that same formation/tactics 7 years later :lol:

actually made me think of pes 2011 tactics, wish they brought them back. You had different tactics for every minute of the match, for each scenario (winning, drawing, losing).

PES2011_gameplan_editmanager_bmp_jpgcopy

iam still missing the option from PES6 where you could give every player two arrows in which direction they will lean their game. This was great to give wingers for example the instructions to cut in or stay more outside

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Fubar said:

iam still missing the option from PES6 where you could give every player two arrows in which direction they will lean their game. This was great to give wingers for example the instructions to cut in or stay more outside

and the individual attack/defence level

1 person likes this