Govie

Scottish football thread

16 minutes ago, Seanachais said:

Dont know how McGregor isnt in that Scotland squad, madness, he would be a great addition.

Good quote from Brendan haha: I was surprised when he wasn't in it - then even more surprised when I actually saw the squad.

Cause he's Irish? :shifty: 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Cause he's Irish? :shifty: 

UFC, boxing, football, Scottish, Irish he has it all  :D

The little bollix is actually from the same part of Dublin as me and used to play football for a team that played on the pitch beside us. We hammered them a few 

times as well. 

• Like 1

Here's one for some of you Celtic fans. Guess every goalscorer for Celtic in the Champions League.

I got 16/28, but I couldn't remember a few names, just pictured them and their happy f**king faces at Pittodrie :beat1off:

@Seanachais @goggz1888 @Flannybhoy67 @djquantum @Ronbhoy7

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/quiz-can-you-name-all-28-celtic-players-score-champions-league

• Like 2

Got 23 with the help of my dad :lol:

knew loads but couldnt get kenny miller so it wouldnt let me pass to the next one lol. i knew 22

Just now, goggz1888 said:

knew loads but couldnt get kenny miller so it wouldnt let me pass to the next one lol. i knew 22

You didn't have to do them in order :lol:

Missed Jarosik and Barry Robson 

Got 24, robson, pearo, paddy & kris

Good find @Govie:up:

Would never have guessed Robson if it wis 6 weeks never mind 6 minutes. :lol:

One of them was against Barca. Him and Hartley were brilliant in the title  run in, in 2008. 

2 minutes ago, Seanachais said:

One of them was against Barca. Him and Hartley were brilliant in the title  run in, in 2008. 

f**king loved Hartley for us before Celtic turned him into a DM.Great servant and one of the players I really didn't mind going to the Old Firm as he was so good for us and showed us nothing but respect so to go to his boyhood hero's in the end was fitting.

• Like 1

Harder games today to call.

Celtic to just do enough(after tough trip away) against stubborn St Johnstone,high flying Hamilton to come back down to earth on the worst pitch in Scotland(how can it be so bad it's 4g).Aberdeen won't get it easy against Patrick but will again just do enough.Motherwell v Hearts no idea this could go any way, we look far more organised now under Daly but as I keep saying our midfield is weak we never win the battle.

Here s one for you guys best Scottish players never to be capped.

I'll start off with a current one Shinnie at Aberdeen shocking this guy has never played a game for Scotland.

Others Billy Stark(Aberdeen,Celtic),Kevin McAllistair(Falkirk),John Brown(Dundee,Rangers)Campbell Money(St Mirren)

Biggest one of all though :D

• Like 2

Still time for Niemi to get a call up cos he's not finished 

• Like 3

On 25/08/2017 at 0:10 PM, Govie said:

Here's one for some of you Celtic fans. Guess every goalscorer for Celtic in the Champions League.

I got 16/28, but I couldn't remember a few names, just pictured them and their happy f**king faces at Pittodrie :beat1off:

@Seanachais @goggz1888 @Flannybhoy67 @djquantum @Ronbhoy7

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/quiz-can-you-name-all-28-celtic-players-score-champions-league

Got 17 which I suppose isn't too bad for someone who doesn't support Celtic.

Aberdeen top of the league :rock:

And it's not before the season has started in alphabetical order. 

The title is ours to throw away :lol:

WTF?????

DITE8RLXUAAJEve.jpg:large

4 hours ago, Govie said:

WTF?????

DITE8RLXUAAJEve.jpg:large

Hope the lad is alright and recovers fully, seems lad a very sad incident

On 26/08/2017 at 11:57 AM, Vegasvoss said:

Here s one for you guys best Scottish players never to be capped.

I'll start off with a current one Shinnie at Aberdeen shocking this guy has never played a game for Scotland.

Others Billy Stark(Aberdeen,Celtic),Kevin McAllistair(Falkirk),John Brown(Dundee,Rangers)Campbell Money(St Mirren)

Biggest one of all though :D

Think its fair to say that lots of Celts over the years didnt get a fair crack at international football, for whatever reason. 

Jimmy Mc Grory - One of the top scorers of all time in top flight football with 485 goals, only got 7 Scotland caps  

Jimmy Johnstone - Without doubt one of the greatest if not the best Scots of all time, only got 23 caps.

funny story from his wiki -  In May 1974, during the build-up to the 1974 FIFA World Cup and days before a British Home Championship match against England at Hampden, Johnstone and his other Scotland team-mates took part in a drinking session at their hotel in Largs, Ayrshire. In the early hours of the morning the group headed for the sea-shore, with Johnstone deciding to go out in a rowing boat. However, the boat had no rowlocks to take the oars and Johnstone found himself being taken out to sea by the tide. Stranded out at sea, the Coastguard had to rescue Johnstone and the incident dominated the press headlines for days afterwards.[2][31] Despite the embarrassing headlines, Johnstone went on to turn in an outstanding performance for Scotland against England days later, helping them to a 2–0 win.[31][32] Johnstone was part of the Scotland squad that travelled to West Germany for the World Cup in the summer of 1974, but he didn't play in any of their three games.[32]

Tommy Burns - 8 caps

Calumn Mc Gregor -  :lol:

1 hour ago, Seanachais said:

Think its fair to say that lots of Celts over the years didnt get a fair crack at international football, for whatever reason. 

Jimmy Mc Grory - One of the top scorers of all time in top flight football with 485 goals, only got 7 Scotland caps  

Jimmy Johnstone - Without doubt one of the greatest if not the best Scots of all time, only got 23 caps.

funny story from his wiki -  In May 1974, during the build-up to the 1974 FIFA World Cup and days before a British Home Championship match against England at Hampden, Johnstone and his other Scotland team-mates took part in a drinking session at their hotel in Largs, Ayrshire. In the early hours of the morning the group headed for the sea-shore, with Johnstone deciding to go out in a rowing boat. However, the boat had no rowlocks to take the oars and Johnstone found himself being taken out to sea by the tide. Stranded out at sea, the Coastguard had to rescue Johnstone and the incident dominated the press headlines for days afterwards.[2][31] Despite the embarrassing headlines, Johnstone went on to turn in an outstanding performance for Scotland against England days later, helping them to a 2–0 win.[31][32] Johnstone was part of the Scotland squad that travelled to West Germany for the World Cup in the summer of 1974, but he didn't play in any of their three games.[32]

Tommy Burns - 8 caps

Calumn Mc Gregor -  :lol:

Aye few Hearts players like that Gary Mackay 1 cap 1 goal hero of Eire.

John Colquhoun 2 caps

John Robertson 8 caps 

The Terrible Trio Bauld,Conn,Wardhaugh 8 Caps between them from a dominant Hearts side of the 50's

Tommy burns 8 Caps is mental though such a good footballer.One of the good guys of Scottish football as well.

Just bought my tickets for Hearts away :rock: 

Always wanted to go to Murrayfield and what better way to go and watch Aberdeen instead of rugby.

@JamboGee92 @Vegasvoss Your new managers first game will be then. I see Levein picked Levein as your new manager, that would've been a good interview to see :lol: 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Govie said:

Just bought my tickets for Hearts away :rock: 

Always wanted to go to Murrayfield and what better way to go and watch Aberdeen instead of rugby.

@JamboGee92 @Vegasvoss Your new managers first game will be then. I see Levein picked Levein as your new manager, that would've been a good interview to see :lol: 

You might need to get used to Murrayfield didn't Milne say you might need to play there if planning isn't approved on the new stadium in Aberdeenshire.Still all those central belt fans crowds would be decent.

1 minute ago, Vegasvoss said:

You might need to get used to Murrayfield didn't Milne say you might need to play there if planning isn't approved on the new stadium in Aberdeenshire.Still all those central belt fans crowds would be decent.

Yeah that's only if we qualify for Europe though and Pittodrie keeps falling apart if we don't get the new stadium. 

16 minutes ago, Govie said:

Yeah that's only if we qualify for Europe though and Pittodrie keeps falling apart if we don't get the new stadium. 

Great stadium Murrayfield been to a few European games but it's not really built for football