alexselva

Serie A 2017/18

Match day 1, all the goals:

Best goal was the curler for Benevento by A. CICIRETTI (Konami, better upgrade him so we can get him in Pen :risingstar: )

Bologna started with a decent draw at home against a stronger Torino side

2 minutes ago, alexselva said:

Match day 1, all the goals:

Bologna started with a decent draw at home against a stronger Torino side

Will follow this thread, don't have enough time to follow more than 3 leagues (I watch most Prem, Championship & Liga NOS) but have a few Serie A players now (Ceccherini, Falcinielli, Nagy, Cassata)

Has Nagy dropped down the pecking order or did Donadoni go for a more defensive/physical midfield because it was against a stronger side?

1 minute ago, ClaretMatt said:

Will follow this thread, don't have enough time to follow more than 3 leagues (I watch most Prem, Championship & Liga NOS) but have a few Serie A players now (Ceccherini, Falcinielli, Nagy, Cassata)

Has Nagy dropped down the pecking order or did Donadoni go for a more defensive/physical midfield because it was against a stronger side?

Our midfield is still a work in progress, Nagy played pretty badly in the Coppa Italia game last week so I guess Donadoni tried something different... He even played Nagy AMF in preseason a couple of times since we lack a proper attacking mid at the moment

• Like 1

s**t, somebody please clean up this mess :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alexselva said:

s**t, somebody please clean up this mess :lol:

Done.

The Ceccherini sending off looks soft as, is it worse from other angles or something?

12 minutes ago, ClaretMatt said:

Done.

The Ceccherini sending off looks soft as, is it worse from other angles or something?

Referee used VAR and changed the yellow card to a straight red, I guess he considered it a denied goal scoring opportunity?

31 minutes ago, ClaretMatt said:

You won't be following Ceccherini for a bit!!

2 minutes ago, bussola284 said:

You won't be following Ceccherini for a bit!!

Last man is a one match ban, no?

6 minutes ago, ClaretMatt said:

Last man is a one match ban, no?

Straight Red is a 3

4 minutes ago, bussola284 said:

Straight Red is a 3

Only for serious foul play.  Professional Foul (last man / denying clear goalscoring opportunity) as in this case is a 1 match suspension, he'll be back for Cagliari game.  Unless the rules are different in Italy?

Edited by ClaretMatt

1 minute ago, ClaretMatt said:

Only for serious foul play.  Professional Foul (last man / denying clear goalscoring opportunity) as in this case is a 1 match suspension, he'll be back for Cagliari game.  Unless the rules are different in Italy?

You don't have the slightest idea of how much the rules are different in Italy!!! No idea on the video replay context, but a straight Red is everywhere on the field 3 games

2 minutes ago, bussola284 said:

You don't have the slightest idea of how much the rules are different in Italy!!! No idea on the video replay context, but a straight Red is everywhere on the field 3 games

ahem

https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/altre-notizie/serie-a-giudice-sportivo-una-giornata-di-stop-a-hysaj-e-ceccherini-1008719

;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bussola284 said:

Not according to all the stuff I'm reading...

http://www.football-italia.net/108583/lazio-investigated-gomis-chants

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/federico-ceccherini/ausfaelle/spieler/163639

Should be a cracking season

Juve look to be weaker with the loss of Bonucci, a massive player for them. Their defence is what has kept them ahead over the last six seasons. They might be a bit better to watch this season though if they concede more. They have brought in Douglas Costa and Bernardeschi, which should make them more pleasing on the eye, especially if it means Mandzukic ends up on the bench. 

Can Napoli finally win their third Scudetto. It might be a while before they have a better chance. Best team in Europe to watch over the last couple of seasons imo, and they have all agreed to stay and have a right crack at the title this season. They will score lots of goals, but can they keep them out at the other end will be the question. I think their stability over the Summer could be the defining factor, and my tip for glory. Id urge everyone to watch them this season, as we dont know how long this Sarri team will last, so enjoyable to watch. And if they do win there will be scenes along the way.

AC Milan basically have a new first eleven, with some quality players to boot. I enjoyed watching Montella's Fiorentina side a couple of seasons ago, it will be interesting to see how this Milan team plays, now that he has his own group of players. With the players they have signed they should be champions league place contenders, the scudetto might be a step too far in year 1 though. A lot of rumours about Belotti and Auba, if one of them could sign, all of a sudden they could be contenders. Bonucci and Kessie will be huge for the spine of the team. 

Inter now under former Roma manager Spaletti. Have to say I wasnt a fan of his latest Roma team, but they were quite effective. He will point to the stats the team got last season and say they were relatively successful, which is true but I didnt find them enjoyable to watch. They didnt really go out of their way to keep him either. He has made some good signings with Inter though, and I feel he could be the right fit for them. They will be decently structured and imo will also be in the hunt for a champions league spot. Borja Valero one of my favourite players has been signed, and with Dalbert, Skriniar, Cancelo and Vecino, added to the likes of Icardi, Perisic and Candreva they will be dangerous against anyone. 

Roma are an interesting proposition this year. Di Franceso from Sassulo has finally got a big job. The Sevilla super scout Monchi is also at Roma now. Their business so far this Summer hasnt been great, but they are probably right in taking their time to get it right though. They have lost Salah, Rudiger and Parades. They have brought in Defrel, an exciting Turk called Under and Karsdorp from Feyenoord. They finished second last year, I cant see them finishing in the top 4 this season. 

Fiorentina have been great to watch the last couple of years, under Montella and then Sousa. But the crown jewels have been sold in the Summer, and Pioli who flattered to deceive as Inter manager last year has taken the reigns. Could be a long season for the Viola. 

• Like 2

Genoa 2-0 up on Juve in 7 minutes!

Roma have been battering Inter. 

Icardi with a quality turn and finish. 

1-1. 

Great game. 

Icardi :notworthy:

Borja Valero was looking comfortable in the Inter midfield yesterday. 

Deadline Day coming up :sneaky1:

4 hours ago, BenStatman said:

Borja Valero was looking comfortable in the Inter midfield yesterday. 

Deadline Day coming up :sneaky1:

Been one of the best midfielders in Europe since his Villarreal days, no idea why Barcelona didnt buy him to replace Xavi few years back, or even this year...4m for Borja Valero or 40m for Paulinho, i know which one i would rather buy lol. He was the major reason Fiorentina played such good passing football, and as already transformed Inter, judging from the first game (didnt see last nights game vs roma)

• Like 1

Not bad from Belotti

• Like 3

Some great goals this weekend, Belotti or course but also Zielinski, Milinkovic-Savic, Borriello:

5 minutes ago, alexselva said:

Some great goals this weekend, Belotti or course but also Zielinski, Milinkovic-Savic, Borriello:

:cool:

Centurion had an embarrassing miss v Juve :facepalm:

16 minutes ago, Sunzibad said:

:cool:

Centurion had an embarrassing miss v Juve :facepalm:

Yeah that was incredible lol

You should get rid of him :sneaky1:

• Like 1

I love Google Translate...

Was doing my regular news searches to keep up to date on my players and well...

aIppcU2.png