miken333

What is your early Impression of PES18

What is your early impression of PES18?

Mine is mainly positive -

• Improved and enhanced the gameplay - its slowed in a good way and it enhances skillful play (v good!)
  • Tarted up the graphics
  • Great angle on Corners
  • Mainly the old format but it aint broke and does not need fixing

Now I have joined PEN it seems a pain in the early stages of Myclub when you have to play with fake players and a formation that does not suit because you cant get the Manager you want for now (may just not bother and go Ratio League!)

Positive first impressions but I think the Player Switching Indicator may have over complicated things as it is sometimes hard to get hold of a player and sometimes the players just run past the ball. 

You generally need to apply more power to passing and shooting now but I like that. The flow of the play is very good, MyClub games were a bit manic but I think that mode is always like that. 

• Like 1

Need to get used to the corners as I like to mix it up a bit and it'll take a bit of time to get it the way I want. 

Feel a lot better in possession and feel like I can create more chances, only played twice so far against Real and Barca. Heading out now but back on tonight for some ratio games and see how it goes against some pen members. 

I like it, i find players dont even make tackles sometimes and just walk past people, like headless chickens at times which is frustrating. Otherwise its ace, Pacey, strong players are good now which i like!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MattyPThaG said:

I like it, i find players dont even make tackles sometimes and just walk past people, like headless chickens at times which is frustrating. Otherwise its ace, Pacey, strong players are good now which i like!

Yeah noticed tjat about tackling. Think im gonna have manually double-tap X more.

Passing nowhere near as bad as I thought - actually quite enjoyable. Will test more in myClub.

3v3 is pretty good fun.

5 minutes ago, Sunzibad said:

Yeah noticed tjat about tackling. Think im gonna have manually double-tap X more.

Passing nowhere near as bad as I thought - actually quite enjoyable. Will test more in myClub.

3v3 is pretty good fun.

You need to manually double tap x but the timing / positioning has to be right. Otherwise you need to drop players back into the passing lanes to intercept. 

MyClub is a bit more ping pongy but I think that's when the chemistry kicks in making your team invincible. 

Found the pace of the game when playing Sunzi enjoyable, the defending at times can be tricky indeed with your player not sticking his foot out to get the ball when you expect him to.

3v3 was very enjoyable, great connections no lag at all.

R2 shots are still possible, @wheresmark @Rdotman

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Found the pace of the game when playing Sunzi enjoyable, the defending at times can be tricky indeed with your player not sticking his foot out to get the ball when you expect him to.

3v3 was very enjoyable, great connections no lag at all.

R2 shots are still possible, @wheresmark @Rdotman

They're not broken why would they change them 

Lovely finish 

Usain Bolt has no place in PES he wants to f.uck off

• Like 2

Looks Frillypink. Feels more controlled on ball. Not sure on defending. Seems a little too easy to glide past someone so at same time feels like you can't get ball even if they run head on in to player. 

Player switching feels off though. Really quite off putting at times, it didn't go to the 2nd cursor guy a lot of the time. And ithe seems to stop players in tracks if they're running when you take control

May be a case of getting used to it but felt very clunky changing player

Quick little blast, seems good, always just jump in to a game with the ai once i set my pen team up, always against a team i can roger, Memphis scored this, was my first goal on pes 18,

Then a little montage of my 3 amigos celebrating, and Friday being Friday already, and a well worked team goal, whatever i do what i want.

tbf, Friday attempting a quality overhead in game 1, when i brought him on for 20 minutes, make me think good things for this season coming,

• Haha 2

i know i probably care too much about this :lol: 

but the Team Squad number screen is sublime!

you can now just click and allocate a new number in the overview
and then for no real reason, you can directly view a player's stats

• Like 4

and no Ellie Goulding in the soundtrack ... shocking!

Really struggling to finish simple 1-on-1's, Keepers are very quick off their line. Need more practise.

I can however score stupid stuff like this :lol:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MB 11/video/36422810

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dortaboy said:

i know i probably care too much about this :lol: 

but the Team Squad number screen is sublime!

you can now just click and allocate a new number in the overview
and then for no real reason, you can directly view a player's stats

:drool: and I don't mean that sarcastically :lol: 

ALL ABOUT CORRECT SQUAD NUMBERS PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Edited by Phillyrich
  • Like 2

Not sure on shooting feels off but ive only played a couple.

Also, I've enjoyed 3v3 more than 1v1 games.  

I like it. The touch, animations, covering and keepers. 

The ball appear to be a bit loose, wich I would say is good, but sometimes there are some awfull bouncing on players/feet or it just goes through them.

Defensive play feels shaky as it seems quite easy to outplay/play around the defenders, but thats hopefully because it is new. 

Had two different sessions with 3on3 that were both very enjoyable. Connection were flawless. Only thing was the games where you are matched VS just 1 tard, feels wasted to play the cpu. 

• Like 1

Love it, havent been this happy with a PES on opening day in around 13/14 years. 

Connection is sublime

• Like 1

Really liking the 3v3 with all the little stats to go with it. Won every game I played with @rambovanhardnut, @DJTruckstop76, and then @karlos-7-and @Jookoi

Don't think the clans on PEN will be as closed a shop as I thought seeing the clan leader needs to be online to set it up. 

• Like 2

Just now, Govie said:

Really liking the 3v3 with all the little stats to go with it. Won every game I played with @rambovanhardnut, @DJTruckstop76, and then @karlos-7-and @Jookoi

Don't think the clans on PEN will be as closed a shop as I thought seeing the clan leader needs to be online to set it up. 

well played mate!, great games, 3-0 and 5-1. Frillypink football, good banter, quality all round.

Feels good on the ball, random bounces etc. good but getting a lot of through balls where it picks up the wrong man, wallops it and it just goes through defenders and your striker is clean through even tho you didn't mean it and it shouldn't have been possible. Would be easy to spam those if you wanted, it's like a PA4 pass on PA1 and it's harder to play little tiny through balls as it seems to favour your striker for one no matter what.

Headers are more difficult which is good, and it's probably a bit easier to score worldy strikes from distance. Man changing is going to take a bit of getting used to. Playing in rain is like playing with stephen hawking on an ice rink. 

I like it so far, pending me being wrong about the through balls, only had 5/6 games so far. 

8 hours ago, rambovanhardnut said:

well played mate!, great games, 3-0 and 5-1. Frillypink football, good banter, quality all round.

Loved it I'm back at around 4 and then after football tonight for more